Monday Nov 7th: Colts @ Patriots

Who will the game?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the game?

• Colts
    • Patriots

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 01:10 AM)
Decafe.jpg

"Great shift today guys!"

"Can you sign this melon for me? ..... Yes! Thats awesome!"

"Can you sign this loaf of bread for my brother? He loves you."

Awesome f***ing commercial!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'72 Dolphins should start to get nervous IMO....the Colts only have 1 REALLY tough road game left (at Cincy in 2 weeks) and if they win that one......look out for the dreaded undefeated season.

(Although I think even if they got to, say 13-0, and clinched the home field, they would start resting people and might lose a game because of it, but you never know, it's fun to talk about).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 11:21 PM)
'72 Dolphins should start to get nervous IMO....the Colts only have 1 REALLY tough road game left (at Cincy in 2 weeks) and if they win that one......look out for the dreaded undefeated season.

(Although I think even if they got to, say 13-0, and clinched the home field, they would start resting people and might lose a game because of it, but you never know, it's fun to talk about).

They got san diego week 16 I believe, that's going to be a very tough test.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
I still don't think the Colts will go undefeated this whole season. If I'm wrong, I'll be eating something bigger than a crow, probably a vulture or something.

I don't think they'll do it either but they're a great team and they keep proving me wrong, so we'll see....

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)
They got san diego week 16 I believe, that's going to be a very tough test.

Yeah, especially since San Diego will probably be fighting for a division championship/wild card playoff spot while Indianapolis should be locked up as division winners.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
Bengals

Steelers

Chargers

Seahawks

Jaguars

Still 5 games that won't be easy.

They will beat the Texans to get to 9, and IF (a big if) they were to win at Cincy to get to 10-0, those other 4 games are all at home.

I'm not saying I think they will do it, but they have a realistic shot IMO, which doesn't happen too often.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
It's at Jacksonville I believe, and for some reason the Colts struggle mightily against the Jags.

Jaguars are underrated IMO. They have a great special teams squad Scobee and Hanson. And their return game is great with Toefield and Mathis. They have a good young core on O and D. I'm calling an "upset" in that game.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)
It seems that so many people are just enamored with the Pats (Simms, Peter King, Bill Simmons obviously).

Hmm I wonder why? Oh, I know, maybe the fact that they've won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years? Could that be it? Could that be the reason? Is that why they get so much credit? Nahh, couldn't be. This is a real tricky one.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
A guy who is successful more because of the offensive scheme his team runs, and less because of pure physical talent.

Jeff Garcia was a winning QB in San Francisco under Steve Mariucci.  In Cleveland, he was awful.  The difference between the two was the offensive schemes.  He's been mediocre this year I'd assume simply due to age.

If you're willing to call Tom Brady a great QB because he makes smart throws, is accurate, is clutch, and is a good leader on the field, you have to ready to call Ben Roethlisberger a great QB too. 

Oh, and you still haven't answered whether or not you believe Brady would be successful in any other spot. I'm sure he would be...but I don't think he would be nearly as successful in many spots.  I do not feel the same about Peyton Manning.

You really shouldn't undercut yourself so much. Jeff Garcia was successful in San Fran with Terrell Owens and Garrison Hearst and goes to Cleveland with Kevin Johnson and a psychotic William Green and he's not so successful, christ what could be the reason for that? We need to get NASA on this caper.

Roethlisberger is a very good QB yes, has been since Miami, but he's not great. He hasn't been "very good" enough to win 3 Super Bowls yet. It's a fact. Would Brady be successful other places? Yes. But put anyone in a dire enough situation and obviously they're going to struggle. Put Peyton Manning in Houston, you think he's going to win more than 5 games? f*** no. A quarterback can only carry you so far. Brady does exactly what he needs to do. I will repeat it in case you missed; Brady does exactly what he needs to do. And he does it more often than Manning does. That is the mark of a great quarterback.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 02:23 AM)
Oh, and you still haven't answered whether or not you believe Brady would be successful in any other spot. I'm sure he would be...but I don't think he would be nearly as successful in many spots.  I do not feel the same about Peyton Manning.

IMO, Brady is hall-of-fame caliber almost entirely on the strength of intangibles. He is capable of adapting to a given situation on a level with some of the greatest QBs since the merger. There's a reason why people compare him to Joe Montana. You could make an argument that Joe was the greatest QB of all time, but there have been at least a few dozen guys who had/have more god-given talent.

Is Carson Palmer more talented than Brady? Of course. Would I rather have Palmer? Heck no.

Manning is the only guy in the NFL who is more valuable right now out of the QB slot as far as I'm concerned.