First place bears

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 04:32 AM)
Felix, I actually stated that I was no longer done with this thread(Later edited).

Anyway, I won't stay out as long as people keep blindly attacking me.

You stinkin packers fan you know nothing about the bears how dare you put them down. You are a bandwagon sox fan and should be Banned!!!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 04:24 AM)
I'd just like to see how they'd go against a Denver etc.

Me too.

That sucks for the Cowboys that they have to play both the AFC west and NFC West. Those two divisions contain 7 of the Top 10 offensive teams in the league. And then you have to play the Giants twice.

Offensive powerhouses:

@San Diego

@Oakland

N.Y. Giants

@Seattle

Denver

@N.Y. Giants

Kansas City

St. Louis

Plus the team that would round out the Top 10 IMO:

Arizona

The only elite offensive teams that they avoid are Indianapolis and Cincinnatti.

And you know what the funny thing is. Kyle Orton might be the best QB in the division this year. I mean Daunte Culpepper was brutal this season and Favre hasn't been great (granted he has nothing to work with but Orton doesn't have all that much besides Moose and Jones). Garcia is an average QB at best. I'm not saying that Orton is great right now but he will be. What a steal in the 4th round to have found your future QB. Orton is a very tough kid because if RW had hit Grossman like that Grossman would already be in a cast. Here is the big question now. What do you do with Grossman? He is gonna want to start so why not sign a veteran QB in the offseason and trade for a Wide Receiver.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
And you know what the funny thing is.  Kyle Orton might be the best QB in the division this year.  I mean Daunte Culpepper was brutal this season and Favre hasn't been great (granted he has nothing to work with but Orton doesn't have all that much besides Moose and Jones).  Garcia is an average QB at best.  I'm not saying that Orton is great right now but he will be.  What a steal in the 4th round to have found your future QB.  Orton is a very tough kid because if RW had hit Grossman like that Grossman would already be in a cast.  Here is the big question now.  What do you do with Grossman?  He is gonna want to start so why not sign a veteran QB in the offseason and trade for a Wide Receiver.

Let me preface this by stating that I HATE the Packers. Favre has lost his top two wide recievers, his top two running backs, his top two offensive lineman, and has probably the worst defense in the entire league. Yet Favre has a 85.5 passer rating, over 1800 yards passing, and 15 touchdowns. Of course he leads the league in interceptions, but I would have to say that is a bigger reflection on his lack of offensive weapons.

Orton has a long way to go until he is the best QB in the North.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
Let me preface this by stating that I HATE the Packers.  Favre has lost his top two wide recievers, his top two running backs, his top two offensive lineman, and has probably the worst defense in the entire league.  Yet Favre has a 85.5 passer rating, over 1800 yards passing, and 15 touchdowns.  Of course he leads the league in interceptions, but I would have to say that is a bigger reflection on his lack of offensive weapons.

Orton has a long way to go until he is the best QB in the North.

Good point but he is the 2nd best. You can't tell me that Harrington or Garcia are better than Orton at this point. And Daunte. He is brutal.

Also Orton did become the first Bears QB since Kordell Stewart and Chris Chandler in 03 to pass for over 1,000 yards in a season. I know it is a small thing but considering that both of those QB's pretty much split time with each other and nobody on the bears passed for over 1,000 yards last year it is showing some stability at the QB position. He will probably pass for 2,000 yards which is something since Jim Miller in 2001 was the last guy to do that.

Edited by White Sox Josh

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 01:44 PM)
me too.  Didn't realize his passing stats were so good.  However he is second best.

How is he second best? Just because his team is in last? Did you know the Packers have outscored their opponents this year, despite their 1-6 record?

Despite how truly BAD everything is around Favre this year, he is still doing his thing.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
How is he second best?  Just because his team is in last?  Did you know the Packers have outscored their opponents this year, despite their 1-6 record? 

Despite how truly BAD everything is around Favre this year, he is still doing his thing.

no i meant to Orton was the 2nd best. Sorry i forgot to put Orton in there. Edited by White Sox Josh

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 01:50 PM)
How is he second best?  Just because his team is in last?  Did you know the Packers have outscored their opponents this year, despite their 1-6 record? 

Didn't they rape the Niners by like 49 points? That'll help out any team's stats.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
Didn't they rape the Niners by like 49 points?  That'll help out any team's stats.

Actually, it was New Orleans. But if you think about it, they are still outscoring their opponents with a 1-6 record, thats alot of scoring coming out of Favre. They lost thier first game by 14, and then lost by 2, 1, 3, 3, and 7. Even though they do suck(and lets not mince words here, they do suck), they have managed to stay within one touchdown or less in all but one game.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 12:41 AM)
Me too. 

That sucks for the Cowboys that they have to play both the AFC west and NFC West.  Those two divisions contain 7 of the Top 10 offensive teams in the league.  And then you have to play the Giants twice.

Offensive powerhouses:

@San Diego              

@Oakland       

N.Y. Giants  

@Seattle        

Denver

@N.Y. Giants

Kansas City

St. Louis

Plus the team that would round out the Top 10 IMO:

Arizona

The only elite offensive teams that they avoid are Indianapolis and Cincinnatti.

Yeah we've shown how good our defense has been in the last month. We held the Giants to 10 points, Seattle to 13, Arizona to 14 yesterday, and our defense has kept us in every game so far this season, we could easily be 8-0.

Moving to the 3-4, getting Ferguson, drafting Spears, Ware and Canty, plus the play of Glover and Ellis up front, has really improved things against the run, and our pass rush is so much better than last season.

And getting a bonafide big stud CB in Anthony Henry to match up on the Plaxico Burress's and the Terrell Owens's in the NFC East was a very good move too.