Need Help

soxman352000

It's about a salesman who has two sons. Essentially, the salesman works himself to death for his ungrateful family. Touching story about the degradation of family values in American society.

Oh, wait what I mean to say is: READ THE DAMN PLAY! It's important, interesting and a damn fine story.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
It's about a salesman who has two sons. Essentially, the salesman works himself to death for his ungrateful family. Touching story about the degradation of family values in American society.

Oh, wait what I mean to say is: READ THE DAMN PLAY! It's important, interesting and a damn fine story.

Soxy, that's Death of a Salesman, not Everyman.

Everyman is an allegory in which our hero, Everyman makes his journey through our world, trying to get to Heaven (man, it's been a long time since I read this). IIRC, and I'm almost sure I don't, Everyman is abandoned by all worldly things (Wealth is one I vividly remember) save Good Works on his spiritual journey.

Clearly this was written long before the Great Awakening.

I realize I've been little help. Sorry, but I think (Gasp!) a trip to the Library might be in your future.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 08:57 AM)
Soxy, that's Death of a Salesman, not Everyman. 

Everyman is an allegory in which our hero, Everyman makes his journey through our world, trying to get to Heaven (man, it's been a long time since I read this).  IIRC, and I'm almost sure I don't, Everyman is abandoned by all worldly things (Wealth is one I vividly remember) save Good Works on his spiritual journey.

Clearly this was written long before the Great Awakening.

I realize I've been little help.  Sorry, but I think (Gasp!) a trip to the Library might be in your future.

Shhh, I was trying to make him read the damn thing himself! I was going to throw in something about how Willy was accused of being a witch in a great witch hunt because he was an unsuccessful salesmen--but that sounded a bit far fetched. . .

And I believe the correct way to define Everyman is as a medieval morality play. :) Thank you 10th grade AP English.

My first professional music composition gig was scoring and performing some rushed music for a near no-budget production of Everyman on the steps of the Foellinger Auditorium in Champaign. My years spent listening to Jethro Tull and Fairport Convention had finally paid off. I think I made a whopping $100 on the deal. :bang

And soxman352000, all you really need to know about the play is that Lenny accidentally killed the baby rabbit and Curley's wife, and that whole living on the fat of the land thing is not all it's cracked up to be.