New Orleans

Atlanta

Boston

Toronto

Orlando

NY Knicks

Charlotte

Most teams without hope are rebuilding. And then you have the Knicks. :lol:

Memphis might suck after losing Swift, Posey, Watson, Bonzi Wells, etc. They still have a team that can win 40 games, though. At least on paper, anyway.

I'm not ready to call the Houston Rockets "Conference Finals Caliber", but they'll be dangerous this year (just pointing out the obvious).

Despite the "Big Three" and the development of Krstic, the Nets are still hurting in terms of overall depth. They had the worst depth in the entire NBA last year IMO, but now, they're merely bottom 1/3. They'll get hammered by either Indiana, Detroit, or Miami in the playoffs.

I'm just not feeling the Sacramento Kings. What can I say. I like not one player on that team. I can say the same for Seattle.

Golden State is the surprise team that ain't really a surprise. But god damn, signing Dunleavy to an extension with Pietrus in the picture? Don't they already have enough scoring with Davis, Richardson, Murphy, etc? :huh:

Utah is the most unpredicatable to me. Kirilenko just changes everything. He is legitimate MVP candidate.

Minnesota has an interesting squad, but do they have enough depth in the frontcourt to advance beyond the first round? Nope. Wally World is a f***ing joke.

Yep, I have all 5 teams from our division making the playoffs. It sure as hell ain't likely, but that's the way it looks on paper.

NBA Finals Caliber

San Antonio

Miami

Conference Finals Caliber

Indiana

Chicago

Detroit

2nd Round Caliber

Houston

Phoenix

Cleveland

Denver

1st Round Caliber

Sacramento

Seattle

Minnesota

Philadelphia

LA Lakers

Milwaukee

New Jersey

Dallas

Orlando

Half-Assed

LA Clippers

Memphis

Washington

Atlanta

Utah

Golden State

No Hope

Portland

New Orleans

Boston

Toronto

NY Knicks

Charlotte

It's almost always like that, though.  In any given year, there are two to four legitimate championship contenders.

Hey, why are you dissing the Pacers?  :D

just miss glory days of mike versus clyde the glide or mike versus sir charles' suns. Too much dribbling and bad shooting in todays's nba

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 05:10 PM)
Lakers will make the playoffs, write it down.

Kobe is going to have a MVP type season and I'll be loving every second of it.

I think they have a shot at the 7th or 8th seed, but it will depend on *gasp* how well Kwame Brown performs. If he takes off and average 18 points and 9 rebounds per game, they'll make the playoffs, albeit barely. Otherwise, their lack of frontcourt depth will do them in.

But I'm sick and tired of waiting around for Kwame Brown to develop. And besides, he has proven to be a very, very confused player on the defensive end. A major liability.

Eastern Conference

Atlantic

p-New Jersey

p-Boston

p-Philadelphia

New York

Toronto

Central

p-Detroit

p-Indiana

p-Chicago

p-Cleveland

Milwaukee

Southeast

p-Miami

Washington

Orlando

Charlotte

Atlanta

Western Conference

Southwest

p-San Antonio

p-Dallas

p-Houston

p-Memphis

New Orleans

Northwest

p-Portland

p-Denver

Minnesota

Utah

Seattle

Pacific

p-Phoenix

p-Sacramento

LA Lakers

LA Clippers

Golden State

I still think Orlando can sneak in for a 7th/8th spot in the East. Losing Hill early is going to kill us though.

I've liked what I've seen pre-season though. Our defense is MUCH better than last season, Cato should perform well in a contract year, and Dwight Howard could go 20/12 this season. And we've got good depth at every starting position with Nelson, Dooling, Turkloglu, Garrity and Battie.

If only stupid Fran Vazquez came along for the ride. :angry:

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
The NBA has fallen off so much it's not even funny. Usually by now, I am in full Bears/Bulls mode but with the Sox WS and all, I lost interest in the Bulls. I will still watch and still root but the NBA is going down the drain.

How it the NBA going down the drain? I just laugh when people make these kind of comments.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)
How it the NBA going down the drain?  I just laugh when people make these kind of comments.

Especially after what the Bulls did last season. If anything, you'd think people in Chicago would be excited about the NBA.

Yeah a course ill be watching but right now im still so excited from the White Sox to be in full NBA mode... im sure once it gets going ill get into it... Also with the Bears being good thats taking some interest off the NBA 2.... But ill be in Bulls mode faster than ever none of you worry :P

The Jazz will improve from last year. My word was that terrible. I don't think they'll make the playoffs, they'll finish 9th or 10th in the conference I believe. The power is starting to shift back over to the East, but the West is still the premiere conference. I have to go with the Heat and Spurs making it to the finals, just like a lot of people.

I'm hoping the Warriors finally get back to some kind of respectability.

Despite a lot of high expectations around Warriors boards, I think finishing .500 would be a big step forward for this team.

I see that the good news has started already - J-Rich is a game time decision with a bad knee. Apparently, there were times last week when he could, Quote "barely walk"..

If he doesn't make it, I hope Pietrus will get the call, but knowing Montgomery and his habit of doing the opposite of what the fans want, this will mean more Derek Fisher. :headshake

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 11:46 PM)
Especially after what the Bulls did last season. If anything, you'd think people in Chicago would be excited about the NBA.

No player on the Bulls roster excites me...

They're still my favorite team, but I'll agree that I'm not all thet excited either.

Despite what they did last year, I want to see them do it again now that they have some sorts of expectations before I'll say I'm completely buying into the Bulls.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
No player on the Bulls roster excites me...

They're still my favorite team, but I'll agree that I'm not all thet excited either.

Despite what they did last year, I want to see them do it again now that they have some sorts of expectations before I'll say I'm completely buying into the Bulls.

If Tyson Chandler can actually stay healthy I think he will have a huge year on the glass and defensively and that excites me quite a bit. Whether or not he can stay healthy is a huge question though.