what other ballparks have you been to

cwsox

I have been to:

Wrigley - which i really hate - small, cramped, dirty, and horrible ingress and egress and lines

Miller - which was ok but the traffic was horrendous and the upper deck seats suck

Tiger Stadium - which was boring

Comerica - which is ok and I might like if I were Tiger fan but I am not

I have been to:

Wrigley - which i really hate - small, cramped, dirty, and horrible ingress and egress and lines

Miller - which was ok but the traffic was horrendous and the upper deck seats suck

Both Comiskeys,

both Arlington's the old one sucked, the new one is OK,

the Astrodome incredible size, really cool back then, now would be totally outclassed

Minute Maid Park in HOU Incredible place to see a game, I loved it

Busch Stadium in STL I was disappointed it was just a cookie cutter stadium with a couple extras,

Tiger Stadium scary neighborhood and a classic stadium either you love em or hate em,

Comerica Park some really good things like the brick walls and statuesand some really stupid stuff like the Ferris Wheel,

and the SkyDome in TOR, cool place. I even took the full tour of the place and got to see them switching from baseball to football.

I have been to:

Both Comiskeys,

both Arlington's the old one sucked, the new one is OK,

the Astrodome incredible size, really cool back then, now would be totally outclassed

Minute Maid Park in HOU Incredible place to see a game, I loved it

Busch Stadium in STL I was disappointed it was just a cookie cutter stadium with a couple extras,

Tiger Stadium scary neighborhood and a classic stadium either you love em or hate em,

Comerica Park some really good things like the brick walls and statuesand some really stupid stuff like the Ferris Wheel,

and the SkyDome in TOR, cool place. I even took the full tour of the place and got to see them switching from baseball to football.

Ah I forgot Jacob's Field

Other ballparks I have been to:

Wrigley Field - sorry, but I love that park - the old parks can't be beat - I couldn't care less about the toilets or the pillars or any of that crap - it's a real nice place to see a game

Miller Park - not too too bad - kinda boxy, feels like a warehouse, but not terrible

Busch Stadium - went there in the mid-80s, when they still had that faded green carpet on the field - didn't like it that much, even though I like the Cardinals a lot - it was kind of a dump

Bank One Ballpark - I liked it a lot, actually - even though it felt a little like Miller Park, it had a nice vibe to it - unfortunately, nobody worth looking at in the pool that day!! :D

and of course, REAL Comiskey - which I miss a LOT - the first ballpark i ever stepped foot in - refer to my Wrigley comments - REAL Comiskey was a BALLPARK

Also been to a couple minor league ballparks, which serve their purpose very well

I haven't been to a park I didn't like. Regardless of the team, if it has hosted Major League teams, it's had GREAT ball played there. Even in Wrigley, if only by the opposition LOL....................although Busch w/turf was close....soooo hot. But it is truly classic w/the arches, some great teams, and of course, the Bowling HOF across the street ;)

To name a few:

MKE County Stadium was pretty bad, but I couldn't hate IT with Bernie Brewer sliding into the brew mug (FOCK BERNIE IN MILLER PARK...NO MUG, JUST A SLIDE....GAAAAAAAAY!)

Old Comiskey...if anything was better than Fenway/Wrigley, that was it. My strongest connection to the Pale Hose was going to games there as a kid, going to the outfield bar area watching thru the screen, the little umbrella stand lady in the park selling roast/corned beef sammiches - TOP NOTCH!

Astrodome...still have my comemorative ball from my first visit there: http://home.attbi.com/~wavelandave/pics/Astrosball.jpg

That place was amazing.....OK, not for baseball, but itself, period. What was the highest seating, a 700 level? Was that like the 700 Club? Seemed like you were half way to heaven looking up there.

Both Comiskeys, Wrigley (ugh...my wife got free tickets back in the early 90's), Miller, Camden Yards, PNC, County Stadium.

I stood just outside Coors, Pac Bell, and Jacobs field when there was no game going on.

Comisky old and new

Wrigley (High School Senior ditch days)

Royals Stadium

Qualcomm Stadium

Edison Field

Edison tops them all by a LARGE margin. Almost made me want to move to Anaheim and become an Angels fan.

Edison is nice, but I love the Q. I'm gonna be there around June 1st. Not sure who they are playing, I just know my friends getting me a free ticket and when its free it don't matter when they are playing.

Edison Field (As well as Anaheim Stadium :) )

Dodger Stadium

The A's Colliseum

Qualcomn

Metrodome

Skydome

Comiskey (New)

Wrigley

Tiger Stadium (Old)

Miller Park

Old Brewer Park

Yankee Stadium

Fenway

Camden Yards

Jacobs Field

Pirates Stadium (Old One)

Cinncy (Old One)

The Vet

Went to most of them on a roadtrip a few years back. Went to I think 10 stadiums in 11 days.

Comiskey I (too young to remember)

Comiskey II 2.5/5 ah...home

Tiger Stadium (too hard to judge that stadium)

Comerica Park 2.5/5...worst of newest parks I've seen

Wrigley Field (sox vs cubs...loved seeing the sox flag haning from one of the roof tops)

County Stadium 1.5/5...very sterile

Miller Park 4/5 I had good seats and loved the place

Busch Stadium 2/5 just a cookie cutter

Fenway Park 5/5 great seats, saw Knoblauch's wife, love the place

Yankee Stadium 4/5 if Ruth hadn't played there, it would suck

Shea Stadium 1/5 very sterile, right next to airport, planes fly over loud and low

Camden Yards 5/5 loved it

Veterans Stadium 2/5 people say it is the worst...actually it is cleaner than Shea and I didn't mind the vet at all.

Wrigley Field - sorry, but I love that park - the old parks can't be beat - I couldn't care less about the toilets or the pillars or any of that crap - it's a real nice place to see a game

when I went in 2001 to see the Sox play there, I hadn't been there in literally 30 years plus - and was amazed at how much I hated the place - it wasn't just my Sox bias memory, I really hate it -

I do not think it is a great place to see a ball game - I felt crowded and cramped and too many seats just don;t have that good of a viewing perspective -

and pillars do tend to get in the way -

and I care about toilets because those are a part of life and time in and time out of them determines how much game I miss and how grossed out I may get

I also missed the feeling of being outside two of the three games I was there in 2001. Under the stands kind of behind home plate in one game and in the upper deck with a roof for another - I don't like things being over my head at a game - at the Cell, I feel like I am outside, and I like that - I just felt cramped the entire time at Wrigley -

Comerica does not have that cramped in feel at all, you know you are outside, same as the Cell - but Miller left me feeling I was inside a building too.

I just really hated Wrigley Field. I saw my first ball game there - went there a lot as a kid since I ahd friends whose fathers played for the cubs - and my last ballgame with my grandfather was there (I cheered for the cards and vbroke his heart, but I could never cheer for the cubs even as a child) and I hated the place in my memories and I hated in 2001 and I haven't gotten tickets for a Sox game there since because I just don't want to go to Wrigley.

And the lack of parking, the inadequte public transportation - just hated the whole thing.

I don't know who is was who mentioned Bank One earlier in this thread, but I have to disagree.

Bank One Ballpark is absolutely horrible.

The pool is lame.

Phoenicians are the worst fair weather fans in the world.

I dislike the Bank one b/c nowhere can you look around the field, in the mezzane, on the scoreboard, in the parking lot, anywhere you look, is over-saturation of corporate sponsors. It makes me sick. As much as I hate the Cubs, Wrigley and Fenway still show how the game can be pristine. Bank One is the complete opposite.

Both Comiskeys

Wrigley

County Stadium & Miller Park

Jacobs Field

OP@CY

Shea

Yankee Stadium

Toronto

Arlington

Tampa

Miami

Safeco

Anaheim

Astrodome

Minute Maid

Cynergy

Old and New Detroit

Busch

Boston

Coors

Arizona

These are the ones in my "ticket collage" which I just unpacked - I hate moving... I think I missed a few. I thought there were more.

Tiger stadium, Safeco field and I guess I'll throw in the Skydome even though it doesn't even resemble a ballpark. Damn my list is kinda pathetic, Guess I'll have to work on that.

Not pathetic at all nuke!! My list is so long because I was extremely fortunate and in the right place at the right time. Had circumstances been different I never would have traveled so much. And hey.. it gives you something to look forward to doing ;)

cwsox,

I completely respect your opinion, and I'm sorry that your experience at Wrigley was bad. I'm usually pretty lucky to get decent seats when I go there.

I agree that it's kinda cramped, but I just go in knowing that, and when I think I might be particularly bugged by that, I get an extra ticket for a "buffer seat".

I don't stress about the toilets because I'm just in and out, and I go when the Cubs are batting so the lines are shorter - they're the shortest when SamMe is due up! :D

US Cellular is definitely a more comfortable park, with better variety and availability of food, better sight lines in the lower bowl, and better, cleaner johns. It's also MUCH closer to where I live, so THAT's good too.

Comiskey I First Game 1958

Comiskey II ( But not The Cell )

Wrigley (It's True)

Forbes Field

Three Rivers

PNC Park

Shea Stadium

Fulton County Stadium

Turner Field

Tiger Stadium

Comerica Park ( I Like it Merry Go Round and all )

Municipal Stadium

PNC is the best of the above IMO. I also really enjoyed the city of Boston and the Fenway experience. Fenway is a real dump, but a charming dump nonetheless.