Nba opening week thread...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a major difference when you are broadcaster for a team, there's really no comparison between Stone, Hawk, Farmer, etc to Reggie. They are either paid by the team they are broadcasting for or haven't played for the team in 10+ years. Reggie is a national broadcaster and Reggie is just coming off a very long stint with the Pacers and whether he means to or not, he's gonna root for his teammates and team that showed him the love for 20 years.

I realize you love Reggie and the Pacers and this argument will go nowhere, so I'll stop.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
There's a major difference when you are broadcaster for a team, there's really no comparison between Stone, Hawk, Farmer, etc to Reggie. They are either paid by the team they are broadcasting for or haven't played for the team in 10+ years. Reggie is a national broadcaster and Reggie is just coming off a very long stint with the Pacers and whether he means to or not, he's gonna root for his teammates and team that showed him the love for 20 years.

I realize you love Reggie and the Pacers and this argument will go nowhere, so I'll stop.

Reggie is getting paid by a national network to broadcast games. He's going to the games he's assigned to. Would it make much sense for the new guy to refuse his assignments so soon at the new company? He doesn't have that kind of leverage.

Complaining about it on a message board is going to accomplish nothing. TNT is who you would want to talk to.

And if you want to voice your opinion:

E-mail: [email protected]

OR

Turner Sports

One CNN Center

13 South Tower

Atlanta, GA 30303

Reggie is getting paid by a national network to broadcast games. He's going to the games he's assigned to. Would it make much sense for the new guy to refuse his assignments so soon at the new company? He doesn't have that kind of leverage.

lmao, I never said it was Reggies fault. He got assigned the game, and he did what any player would have done. TNT shouldn't have him scheduled for the TNT games in the first place. The Pacers are on TNT only 5 more times this season, I think they can manage to schedule around that. If not, its no big deal, I don't have to deal with it again.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
Reggie didn't ask for the game ball.  Was he supposed to run away when they came up and gave it to him unexpectedly?  It was Albert and Kerr that mentioned it happened.  Reggie didn't say..."Ohhh look, I got the game ball.  Thanks Pacers AKA my old team!" 

The Pacers are going to be on TV a lot.  Reggie's going to be on TV a lot; there's no way to really avoid that. 

With that basis of thinking, Hawk, DJ, and Farmer should never do Sox games.  Stone should never do Chicago games.  Steve Kerr shouldn't do Spurs and Bulls games, etc.  This list could go on forever.  That comment's pretty ludicrous if you ask me.

I also didn't like reggie (kerr too, for that matter) as much as people are raving about him. They were a bit too much for me.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
So if we get up to 4 weeks, Reggie's "monther" comment was that absurd after all.  :P

Yeah lol... and knowing Shaq and how he is getting up there in age and how big he is... its probably going to be closer to 4 weeks than 2.

Who was the one calling Reggie out for that?? PaleHose right? I dont even know why you complaining about Reggie being the announcer he wasnt biased at all and actually compared to most basketball announcers he did a very good job.

Who was the one calling Reggie out for that?? PaleHose right? I dont even know why you complaining about Reggie being the announcer he wasnt biased at all and actually compared to most basketball announcers he did a very good job.

Shaq is also listed as day to day and is travelling with the team, so before you slobber all over Reggie knob, wait until we see.

But I have to admit, I laughed for a while when the 2-4 weeks prognosis came out.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
http://yessss.ytmnd.com/

Best music ever!

6. Marv Albert, Nets Announcer

Has there ever been a TV scenario quite like Marv doing Nets games on the Yes Network, the same network named after his catch phrase? We will be back on ... YES! Right after this! Is that why he chose to go there? I mean, if there was an Oh, My! Network, wouldn't Dick Enberg have to work for it? What about a Boo Yeah Network and Stu Scott? I really think Marv wanted this just so he could run into random people at cocktail parties and have exchanges like this:

-- Random: "So, what are you doing now?

-- Marv: "I'm doing some football games on Westwood One. Also calling NBA games on TNT. And, I'm announcing all the Nets games.

-- Random: "Really, what channel?

-- Marv: "Yes!"