Nba opening week thread...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 08:14 PM)
TJ Ford is back, ladies and gentlemen.  10 assists, 8 points, and 6 rebounds with a little over 4 minutes to go.

He ended the game on 4-10 shooting, 8-9 from the line, 16 points, 9 rebounds, 14 assists, and five turnovers. Turned it over a little too much but he is one of the best pure point guards in the league when he is healthy. The bucks have a bright future ahead of them.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
He ended the game on 4-10 shooting, 8-9 from the line, 16 points, 9 rebounds, 14 assists, and five turnovers. Turned it over a little too much but he is one of the best pure point guards in the league when he is healthy. The bucks have a bright future ahead of them.

And he makes for a great 2nd PG in Fantasy Leagues. I really like the look of the Bucks at the moment, Terry Stotts just isn't going to be the guy to take them places I'd say though.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
Nene may have torn his acl the first three minutes into the game... that will not bode well for his upcoming free agency.

Ouch. I thought Chicago and Atlanta were going to be seriously after him in the next off-season.

If that's the case, maybe Denver will trade Andre Miller for some frontcourt help?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 11:10 PM)
Ouch. I thought Chicago and Atlanta were going to be seriously after him in the next off-season.

If that's the case, maybe Denver will trade Andre Miller for some frontcourt help?

Yes, the bulls are gonna go hard after nene, wallace, and przybilla. But after this blow to his knee it is gonna knock off 20 million to his contract considering he was gonna get a near max deal. If you are over 6'8 with any skill they will just throw the max at you.

Reggie miller is by far the best analyst on tnt.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
If they don't get going early, Rick Adelman's in trouble. And they've got top 4 potential still in the West, although 5-8 is more likely.

When kings fans say this about the kings it says alot. The kings are garbage and the only players i would like off their roster our peja and miller.

Also, I noticed this when I watched the Kings vs. Suns preseason game, the Kings have to have one of the least athletic rosters in the league from top to bottom. I don't think there is a good athlete on the roster.

They are going to struggle to defend and keep other teams out of transition.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(Felix @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 12:20 AM)
I'll second that.  My aunt is the VP for a company that handles the Jazz and the media ;)

also, Deron Williams :)

Wow that's awesome.

Meanwhile the Mavericks put on an impressive comeback. Down by 17 in the 4th and now it's tied at 90.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 05:24 PM)
Going into overtime.

Yep, and Josh Howard is really gonna emerge this season. Man wasn't that a great draft choice a couple of years ago. IIRC, he was like the 31st player chosen.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 05:18 AM)
I mostly hate that a player can take four and a half to five steps before a travel violation is called.

Well to be fair I think I heard they are putting more of an emphasis on the travel penalty this season... the only game i got to see was some of the dallas/phoenix and I saw it a couple times where it wouldnt of been called last season.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 01:10 AM)
Well to be fair I think I heard they are putting more of an emphasis on the travel penalty this season... the only game i got to see was some of the dallas/phoenix and I saw it a couple times where it wouldnt of been called last season.

Yes, this season they will only let you get away with four steps then a pro hop that you leap six feet.

Btw, the officiating ( yes i am going by one nights worth of games) will be as bad as last year, if not worse. Last year was considered to be the worst officiated season ever.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
The kings are garbage and the only players i would like off their roster our peja and miller.

:huh:

Well, yeah, I'd probably take the top 2 players, especially All-Star caliber ones, from almost any team.

I'd take either of those 2 and maybe even Bibby over any Bulls player (well, not really). :bringit

I watched some of that game, and the Kings looked like they put absolutely no effort into it at all.

And I'm not sure what the Nets were seeing, but Shareef looked fine to me.

Also, I've kinda liked Bonzi since he was in Portland. :ph34r:

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
:huh:

Well, yeah, I'd probably take the top 2 players, especially All-Star caliber ones, from almost any team. 

I'd take either of those 2 and maybe even Bibby over any Bulls player (well, not really).    :bringit

I watched some of that game, and the Kings looked like they put absolutely no effort into it at all.

And I'm not sure what the Nets were seeing, but Shareef looked fine to me.

Also, I've kinda liked Bonzi since he was in Portland.    :ph34r:

Why the smiley? There are not even any role players that i would like from them. Most teams i can find more than two players i would want on my team. I consider bibby to be pretty overated. My interest in the kings is about zero with their current roster. They are like the spurs to me in a way. Have no interest in either because of their style of play... big difference is one team is very talented and the other is not.