Nba opening week thread...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
You're just a little behind.

4:13 left

Indy up 97-93.

Yeah Indy just went on a nice 6 point run.

Anyone notice how Jason Williams is already on the bench in the 4thQ because he doesn't play defence? Nothing's changed there I see.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
Yeah Indy just went on a nice 6 point run.

Anyone notice how Jason Williams is already on the bench in the 4thQ because he doesn't play defence? Nothing's changed there I see.

GP is playing well too, that probably has something to do with it also.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
:lol: @ Walker.

5 from 15 from the field tonight. Gonna see a lot of those as the season goes on.

Oh and Greasy if you keep shooting .500 from the 3PT line, you're my pick to win the East.

They all just need to step back and let DWade and Shaq (if healthy) take that team on their back.

Exactly, thats the ONLY way it will work. Walker has to be the third option and only take the 3's when he's wide open. He will get some open looks with Wade and Shaq out there, he just can't be a ballhog here also or the seasons over. When Posey returns it should really help, you will know who the only options on offense are on the floor.

As for the announcing, they could have atleast put Tim Hardaway with the announcers also to openly cheer for the Heat to balance it out :-P.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 12:12 AM)
Exactly, thats the ONLY way it will work. Walker has to be the third option and only take the 3's when he's wide open. He will get some open looks with Wade and Shaq out there, he just can't be a ballhog here also or the seasons over. When Posey returns it should really help, you will know who the only options on offense are on the floor.

As for the announcing, they could have atleast put Tim Hardaway with the announcers also to openly cheer for the Heat to balance it out :-P.

Reggie is not Hawk Harrelson. If you watched opening night, he picked the Pistons to win the East. He was dissin' the Pacers.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 12:15 AM)
5 from 15 from the field tonight. Gonna see a lot of those as the season goes on.

Oh and Greasy if you keep shooting .500 from the 3PT line, you're my pick to win the East.

Responding to a few different posts that I didn't see until now.

1) Nobody brought up Walker going for 25 & 16 the night before.

2) New Jersey is far from being a lock in the Atlantic

3) Phoenix is definitely gonna miss a beat with Amare out til March. Marion hates playing the 4, and Kurt Thomas isn't exactly the same as Amare on the fast break.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
Responding to a few different posts that I didn't see until now.

1) Nobody brought up Walker going for 25 & 16 the night before.

2) New Jersey is far from being a lock in the Atlantic

3) Phoenix is definitely gonna miss a beat with Amare out til March.  Marion hates playing the 4, and Kurt Thomas isn't exactly the same as Amare on the fast break.

I think that Atlantic division is the will be the most interesting to watch. Sure New Jersey is the favorites, but they aren't great by any means. That division is all around the worst division in basketball, but it could also have the most even playing field for all.

Reggie also received the gameball from Anthony Johnson. His "monther" comment really got on my nerves also. How the hell do you know how long a player is gonna be out just by looking? He's not psychic and sounded ignorant for stating "He's gonna be out for a month" right as Shaq was being walked off the floor. It was absurd, no reason to even make the comment. If you see a players knee get torn apart, sure you can judge that he will be out for a while. But seeing a guy come down on another guys foot and stating he will be out for a month? Thats just weird.

I'm not saying Reggie is a bad commentator, I actually think he's very good and to go even further, one of the best I have heard. He's a refreshing new basketball educated voice. But he doesn't have any business doing Pacer's games this year working on a national telecast.

"Although this adheres to the NBA's new dress code, it might not be what Commissioner David Stern had in mind. In an idea hatched by San Cassell and guard Cuttino Mobley, the team's three rookies -- James Singleton, Daniel Ewing and Yaroslav Korolev -- will wear blue tuxedos, with wide lapels and oversized bow ties to tonight's game."

-- Orange County Register

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 12:10 PM)
Reggie also received the gameball from Anthony Johnson.  His "monther" comment really got on my nerves also. How the hell do you know how long a player is gonna be out just by looking? He's not psychic and sounded ignorant for stating "He's gonna be out for a month" right as Shaq was being walked off the floor. It was absurd, no reason to even make the comment. If you see a players knee get torn apart, sure you can judge that he will be out for a while. But seeing a guy come down on another guys foot and stating he will be out for a month? Thats just weird.

I'm not saying Reggie is a bad commentator, I actually think he's very good and to go even further, one of the best I have heard. He's a refreshing new basketball educated voice. But he doesn't have any business doing Pacer's games this year working on a national telecast.

Reggie didn't ask for the game ball. Was he supposed to run away when they came up and gave it to him unexpectedly? It was Albert and Kerr that mentioned it happened. Reggie didn't say..."Ohhh look, I got the game ball. Thanks Pacers AKA my old team!"

The Pacers are going to be on TV a lot. Reggie's going to be on TV a lot; there's no way to really avoid that.

With that basis of thinking, Hawk, DJ, and Farmer should never do Sox games. Stone should never do Chicago games. Steve Kerr shouldn't do Spurs and Bulls games, etc. This list could go on forever. That comment's pretty ludicrous if you ask me.