Bulls vs Bobcats

I am optimistic in the fact that Duhon, Chandler, Hinrich, Deng, Gordon, Harrington, Piatkowski, and Nocioni are all entering their second year with the same coach, with the same philosophies. I am a big believer in the cohesion factor in the NBA, and I think the Bulls have a step up on alot of teams in that department because all of the above mentioned players had pretty much equal in their impact on last season. The Bulls really had a similar mentality to the White Sox, they had different heroes every night. If the Bulls have any setback, it will be the integration of the new players into Skiles system, and his effect on the new players. If the Bulls simply execute, they will be a very competitive team this year. Hopefully the lapses will be fewer and further between because their are really no major contributing rookies on the team.

This is a decent to good team, with a wildcard in Skiles.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 04:56 PM)
Am I the only one who thinks the Bulls take a step back this year and miss the playoffs with about 35 wins?

No, you're certainly not the only one who thinks they could. I think they "could" be even worse than that.

But then again, I also think they "could" exceed their win total from last year and get another nice playoff birth.

This is a season that is going to hang 95% on Scott Skiles's coaching abilities. He's got to get more consistent play from Gordon overall and better defense, a performance from Deng that shows he's developing into the player he can be, some offense out of Tyson Chandler, some more consistency from Hinrich, and some quality offense out of those guys from the Knicks, especially that Sweetney guy.

He's got a long road ahead of him. He earned that contract he got last year. He's got to do even better this year, I think.

This season will depend on Tyson Chandler. I think this team will surprise a lot of people, namely because I think Michael Sweetney will develop into Baby Brand and this defense is very very strong.

Bulls will surprise people and make the playoffs. They will win 46-47 games.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
This season will depend on Tyson Chandler.  I think this team will surprise a lot of people, namely because I think Michael Sweetney will develop into Baby Brand and this defense is very very strong.

Bulls will surprise people and make the playoffs.  They will win 46-47 games.

Sweetney has the potential to be brand offensively... defensively? Not even close. Brand is one of the top big man defenders in the game today. But i agree that they make the playoffs. I think they will win any where from 42-47 and get into the second round this season.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 09:02 PM)
Also, does anyone know how long this NBA package preview on comcast lasts?

I won't be getting it (too expensive for this college student and no sane person has enough free time to watch many games to mak it worth it along with having a productive life), but it's pretty cool to flip through the channels and watch multiple games for now.

I'm pretty sure its 1 week.

Oh I'm with you, Sweetney isn't the greatest defender, but at least he has a big body which should help Chandler out when they play against bigger big men.

I also think a guy that has a shot to really make a difference on the Bulls is Tim Thomas. Tim is an explosive offensive player who under Skiles could develop into a more decent defensive player. He has the ability to be a plus defensive player, its just a matter of putting the effort into it. If anyone can get him to do that, it is Scott Skiles. I just hope he can get healthy (is he going to play tonight).

On a sidenote, Ozzie is in attendance.

Noc is another guy that could develop into a decent offensive player. His shot is supposedly improved from last season and if he can shoot decently, it will open up the lane and he's pretty good at going to the basket.

Still, you can't mess with Noc, what a defensive player and I think we'll see Noc and Deng in the lineup at the same time quite a bit this year as the season goes on.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
Oh I'm with you, Sweetney isn't the greatest defender, but at least he has a big body which should help Chandler out when they play against bigger big men. 

I also think a guy that has a shot to really make a difference on the Bulls is Tim Thomas.  Tim is an explosive offensive player who under Skiles could develop into a more decent defensive player.  He has the ability to be a plus defensive player, its just a matter of putting the effort into it.  If anyone can get him to do that, it is Scott Skiles.  I just hope he can get healthy (is he going to play tonight).

Sorry Jason, but I can't see Thomas making any type of difference at all. As qwerty said before, he's just lazy who won't buy into any type of system while he's making a lot of $$$$.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)

I also think a guy that has a shot to really make a difference on the Bulls is Tim Thomas.  Tim is an explosive offensive player who under Skiles could develop into a more decent defensive player.  He has the ability to be a plus defensive player, its just a matter of putting the effort into it.  If anyone can get him to do that, it is Scott Skiles.  I just hope he can get healthy (is he going to play tonight).

Lol thomas is far from explosive and is a bonafide scrub. He is known to be one of the worst defenders in the entire league. He will not get many minutes this season... skiles has already called him out.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 06:13 PM)
That Chandler dunk play was just sick.

That was a great pass by Gordon. Shows what I know, right at first I thought it was TT who made the pass, lol.

Than Gordon went back down and found Tyson again for a dunk. Bulls looked a little better offensively right at the end. I think it will take this club a little time till they figure out different sets that work, but you know Skiles, he will try everything out and will play everyone.