What Sox championship memorabilia do you recommend

Funkman7

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
I call that, and raise you this..... :P

http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/control/p...d=WHITPHS016013

If I had the money, I think that is awesome.

LMAO.. that is nice.. But I like the picture better. I actually like the wall thing better. I think I am ordering that and taking a piece of it to Soxfest to get it signed.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 01:32 PM)
Then your going to be angry because the Sox had that up in there lockeroom during ther playoffs.....

That's it...I'm becoming a Cubs fan. No green needed, but I don't want anyone to think I've lost my mind.

So, how did that end up in the locker room?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
No idea, I remember seeing it as a little tid-bit in one of the papers during the playoffs. JR maybe? I have no idea, but I remember reading that it was placed right by the door of the lockeroom.

It was right outside Ozzie's office.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 12:38 PM)
Went to two Jewels today, and all I can say is I hate Kirk Gibson, Albert Pujols, and Tim Duncan and Manu Ginolbi.

just wait till next week like the rest of us college kids have to :P

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 12:36 PM)
Ok, back on topic.  I picked up a Sox blanket today.  And going to get monopoly soon.

I've had this blanket now for a few years

p437324reg.jpg

it's the bestest.

PS: it looks alot more "blankety" in person

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
What?  Notre Dame sucks.  I don't want our World Champs associated with that f***ing school.   :puke

I agree with you whole-heartedly. I almost threw up when I saw that. Not only can I not stand Notre Dame, but it is a shamelesss ripoff from another team that doesn't seem to make any sense to me. I don't care if there are only 6 of them, I wouldn't touch it.

Steiner also has 16x20's of the Sports Illustrated cover (the one with Pods) #'d to 30, a closeup of the team celebration that I think is also out of 30, and a longer distance shot of the team celebration #'d to 70. I actually bought one of the latter, and it looks awesome. I think it works better than the others because there is plenty of room for the autographs, and they stand out really well. While they're still steep, there was one on E-bay for $1500, and I got mine for just under $2,000. That also happens to be roughly what I would have had to pay for tickets to Game 1 :P .

Edit- Yikes, talk about some ridiculously overpriced Sox stuff. How about a Michael Jordan display with a signed White Sox jersey, hat, photo, bat and other stuff. Minimum bid $40,000, buy it now for $75k. Or you can buy a Gem Mint 10 Nellie Fox rookie card for the low low price of $16, 495. People buy this stuff?

Edited by ZoomSlowik

For you out-of-towners, the SI commemorative edition (not the hardcover book, but the special magazine) is now available at Amazon for $7. They also have a good package deal on the tribune and sun-times books. I found the Sox Monopoly game at this site for $29 + $9 shipping: tisinc99.com

They say it's in stock, while amazon said it wasn't going to be released until January.

Now, if General Mills decides to distribute the Wheaties box in Colorado, my life will be complete (until someone comes up with some other item that I must have, like the DVD Brooks mentioned).

Just when I think the spending it coming to a halt...I go to the Post Office to get my bat, and they have all these cool WS pictures on display. So I spend another quick $40. If anyone hasn't seen them, they have about an 8 X 10 picture at the top, and a stamp looking picture below it. I bought one that has the team celebrating the win on the field and the one with the Giant Flag on US Cellular. However, it doesn't come with Steff crying. I asked. :D

Here's some great news! I've seen a few posts around the site regarding the hopes that we get a highlight package like the Red Sox recieved, with complete games, special features, etc...

The Boston Red Sox 2004 World Series Collector's Edition

...Well, from the sounds of it, it looks like we'll be getting ours:

Trib: Plenty to like on Series DVD

Then in March, there will be a DVD package featuring the original broadcast of all four World Series games. Make some room on the shelf.

That's all they said about it, but I sure was hoping they'd do something like this for us. :headbang

All I can say as a framer at Michaels ive had people come in with either the Tribune or Daily Herald front page to get it framed so much. In total probably around 3-4 dozen.

Although today these people came with some pretty awesome posters.... there was a Chevy Truck at the bottom so Im assuming they did the poster.

"Meanwhile, Mike North will host the debut of "White Sox Weekly" at 11 a.m. Saturday on WSCR-AM 670. While he probably won't be the full-time analyst, this is another sure sign North will have a prominent role in the station's coverage of the Sox next year."

....I sure am going to miss listening to Sox games on the radio....

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 04:27 AM)
All I can say as a framer at Michaels ive had people come in with either the Tribune or Daily Herald front page to get it framed so much.  In total probably around 3-4 dozen.

Although today these people came with some pretty awesome posters.... there was a Chevy Truck at the bottom so Im assuming they did the poster.

Available for free at Chevy dealerships in Chicagoland.

• 3 weeks later...