And that's Steff with the news..now here's traffi

RibbieRubarb

Steff, our own personal RSS feed! :D

I promised traffic:

9:29 AMTraffic Overview INBOUND EDENS HAS A CRASH AT FOSTER. NORTHBOUND TRI-STATE & NORTH/SOUTH TOLLWAYS ARE HEAVY INTO TOLL WORK ZONES.

9:17 AMHot Spots (WEST OF SANDWICH ) ROUTE 34 AT ST RTE 23 ACCIDENT . ROLLOVER ON 34, NORTH OF ROUTE 23.

9:38 AMLake Shore Drive LAKE SHORE DR SOUTHBOUND NO PROBLEMS TO REPORT . HOLLYWOOD TO MONROE...15 MINUTES.

9:31 AMLake Shore Drive LAKE SHORE DR NORTHBOUND NO PROBLEMS TO REPORT . MARQUETTE TO MONROE...15 MINUTES.

9:31 AMLake Shore Drive LAKE SHORE DR SOUTHBOUND CURRENT TRIP TIME FROM MONROE ST TO MARQUETTE DR . 15 MINUTES

9:38 AMLake Shore Drive LAKE SHORE DR SOUTHBOUND CURRENT TRIP TIME FROM HOLLYWOOD AV TO MONROE ST . 15 MINUTES

9:30 AMLake Shore Drive LAKE SHORE DR NORTHBOUND CURRENT TRIP TIME FROM MARQUETTE DR TO MONROE ST . 15 MINUTES

9:31 AMLake Shore Drive LAKE SHORE DR NORTHBOUND CURRENT TRIP TIME FROM MONROE ST TO HOLLYWOOD AV . 15 MINUTES

9:37 AMTri-State Tollway TRI-STATE TOLLWAY (I-294/94) NB ROAD CONSTRUCTION. SLOW TRAFFIC FROM PAST CICERO AVE (ROUTE 50) TO 83RD STREET TOLL PLAZA . & SLOW BEFORE I-88 ONTO WEST 290 & BEFORE O'HARE OASIS TO TOUHY

9:04 AMTri-State Tollway TRI-STATE TOLLWAY (I-294/94) NORTHBOUND CURRENT TRIP TIME FROM I-80 TO CERMAK TOLL PLAZA . 40 MINUTES; TO NORTH AVE...45 MINUTES; TO O'HARE...1 HOUR AND 2 MINUTES; TO THE EDENS...1 HOUR AND 21 MINUTES.

9:04 AMTri-State Tollway TRI-STATE TOLLWAY (I-294/94) SOUTHBOUND CURRENT TRIP TIME FROM EDENS SPUR RAMP TO I-80 . 48 MINUTES; FROM O'HARE...35 MINUTES; FROM NORTH AVE...30 MINUTES; FROM THE CERMAK TOLL PLAZA...24 MINUTES

9:36 AMTri-State Tollway TRI-STATE TOLLWAY (I-294/94) SOUTHBOUND NO PROBLEMS TO REPORT

And now the weather...

:lolhitting

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
They still suck.

I know it. I sell enterprise software, but my niche is analyzing sarbanes and financial auditor costs and headaches. And I sell solutions to close the books faster and now spreadsheet control for sarbanes compliance. Im always curious to the process and the problems people have.

We're in the middle of selling off a division so they are being extra careful to dot all the "i's" and cross all the "t's". It's a pain in the ass because I can't run closing reports until they say all is good to go. They've been here for 4 months.. haven't found 1 mistake. ;)

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)
We're in the middle of selling off a division so they are being extra careful to dot all the "i's" and cross all the "t's". It's a pain in the ass because I can't run closing reports until they say all is good to go. They've been here for 4 months.. haven't found 1 mistake.  ;)

Good to know there hasnt been one mistake. I have dealt with bad and good cases. i tell ya, its a headache for everyone.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 09:52 AM)
May I ask where you work?  Besides at the plushie plant?  :)

I am a Producing director at a Theatre.

Finalizing royalties, rental contracts, actors fees...it just overflows.

Our FY ended on June 30th though, so it's not as extreme. LOL

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
I know it.  I sell enterprise software, but my niche is analyzing sarbanes and financial auditor costs and headaches.  And I sell solutions to close the books faster and now spreadsheet control for sarbanes compliance.  Im always curious to the process and the problems people have.

I'd have a field day offering you stories and opportunites, both from a large corporation setting to a "private" small company setting. Private is not technically applicable to sarbanes, unless they intend on going public.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 11:12 AM)
I'd have a field day offering you stories and opportunites, both from a large corporation setting to a "private" small company setting.  Private is not technically applicable to sarbanes, unless they intend on going public.

Oh yeah? Right now we are focused on the public companies and the extreme focus on spreadsheet control going forward with 404. It seems that everybody is using too much manual effort when one piece of software will satisfy all the requirements.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 04:49 PM)
Oh yeah?  Right now we are focused on the public companies and the extreme focus on spreadsheet control going forward with 404.  It seems that everybody is using too much manual effort when one piece of software will satisfy all the requirements.

Oh hell yea. Especially where I am now.

I see a tremendous business opportunity for a niche to help consult companies going public how to upgrade their stuff to be S-O compliant.

Wanna go into business? And no, not the green-weed business. :lol:

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
Oh hell yea.  Especially where I am now.

I see a tremendous business opportunity for a niche to help consult companies going public how to upgrade their stuff to be S-O compliant.

Wanna go into business?  And no, not the green-weed business.  :lol:

We could really use someone with that knowledge, it would be a lucrative business. As of right now we are still in the process of almost giving away the spreadsheet control product to get some references, but my company is a huge player in the market and its just going to grow.

There's tremendous opportunities for a LOT of this stuff.

I've had some ideas, but no network to get them off the ground.

That's my single biggest problem with anything, and most people's problem when starting a business.

Meanwhile, software compliance for S-O is indeed important.

Maybe we should seriously chat more offline.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
There's tremendous opportunities for a LOT of this stuff.

I've had some ideas, but no network to get them off the ground.

That's my single biggest problem with anything, and most people's problem when starting a business.

Meanwhile, software compliance for S-O is indeed important.

Maybe we should seriously chat more offline.

I keep hearing rumblings that S-O is eventually going to apply to private companies.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
Where's the weather...? Still waiting for the weather..? Someone said there'd be weather... !!!!  :huh

I've been threatened with a banning if I post a weather report for McAllen between September and May. Of course, you could always keep that from happening. :lol:

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
I keep hearing rumblings that S-O is eventually going to apply to private companies.

Ahh. My gold mine is coming then.

Actually, I'm not sure how it can - but I'll explain that in a later post, if any of you care.

It can RESEMBLE S-O. But it would be more civil law vs. a felony, say.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
Where's the weather...? Still waiting for the weather..? Someone said there'd be weather... !!!!  :huh

Its beautiful outside. Now for sports, The Chicago White Sox are the 2005 World Champions of Major League Baseball.

Thanks for watching and goooooooooood night everybody. :usa

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
Its beautiful outside.  Now for sports, The Chicago White Sox are the 2005 World Champions of Major League Baseball.

Thanks for watching and goooooooooood night everybody. :usa

Stay tuned for Jay where he won't have anyone from the White Sox on...

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 12:36 PM)
I've been threatened with a banning if I post a weather report for McAllen between September and May. Of course, you could always keep that from happening.  :lol:

LMAO... It never gets old. :lol: