Official Re-sign Paul Konerko Thread

JDsDirtySox

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 04:49 PM)
Why do I deserve the bang over the head? I'm not allowed one moronic post all day? Because I was being soooo serious too... :rolly  :stick

Oh sorry... :lolhitting

Better...? :P

Don't forget the Mets launched a tv network. That will bring in cash. I think they land Billy Wagner unless he decides he doesn't want to pitch in NY ( I kinda doubt that). Their plan B will likely be BJ Ryan although I think they get Billy. I think they won't make too many other moves outside of the pen. With Piazza gone, they obviously will do something about first base. I imagine they will be rebuffed in pursuits of Howard/Thome adn Delgado. Thus, they are the team that I think will make a big push for Paulie (and people aren't mentioning hte Mets enough as far as their chances to get him). Then again, and I'm actually kinda serious, he's not Latin and thats been the direction Omar has gone in since he came aboard.

QUOTE(agame @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
Does anyone think PK cares about his stats in the long run?

Because if he does, he would put up better numbers staying here.

Could that factor in to his decision?

He already won a WS, he is not going to the HOF, so stats are cute and all, but gobs and gobs of money usually win out.

I am sure that when he hits 38 homers and hits 275 in LAA he will fret, then about a millisecond later he realizes that Moreno gave him enough money to buy a small island in the pacific. Then all is better

QUOTE(Wanne @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 09:24 AM)
Thank you!  I can't see why everybody has such a woody for this guy.

And in my opinion...there's NO WAY the DBack part with Tracy...NONE!  Their infield soon will look like Tracy at 3rd, Drew at SS, Cintron at 2nd and Conner Jackson at 1B.  But their pitching pretty much sucks.

It all depends on whether they can trade Troy Glaus. If they can, Tracy stays at 3rd, and it's the perfect solution for them.

If they can't, Tracy's the best trading chip they have for the young pitching they need. And I don't know if Jackson is even going to stick at 1B for them long - term, he's terrible defensively. Would be perfect as an AL DH though.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
It all depends on whether they can trade Troy Glaus. If they can, Tracy stays at 3rd, and it's the perfect solution for them.

If they can't, Tracy's the best trading chip they have for the young pitching they need. And I don't know if Jackson is even going to stick at 1B for them long - term, he's terrible defensively. Would be perfect as an AL DH though.

Is Tracy a good 3rd-sacker? I know he played there but not sure about his D. Tony Clark was awesome for them last eyar but that team doesn't know if its coming or going. THey have top prospects ready but are held down by Vets. Thats fine if you are a winning team like the Angels but the Dbacks aren't very good.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
Honestly, Boston could go after PK considering they're talking 3 way with Anaheim and Arizona to move Manny. Boston then would have some cash to play with.

Boston needs a pitching staff.

They could use a guy to hit behind Ortiz no doubt...but they need a pitching staff.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 12:14 PM)
Is Tracy a good 3rd-sacker? I know he played there but not sure about his D. Tony Clark was awesome for them last eyar but that team doesn't know if its coming or going. THey have top prospects ready but are held down by Vets. Thats fine if you are a winning team like the Angels but the Dbacks aren't very good.

Teacy's not a good defensive 3rd baseman. That's basically why they signed Glaus to play 3rd base for them last off-season. They just didn't see the offensive explosion Tracy would have in his 2nd season.

They are loaded with prospects, especially position players, but they need upgrades in their bullpen and some good young pitching prospects.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
I'm sure Paul would love the bench during interleague as well. ;)

Boston don't worry me with Paulie. Sure they're probably gonna offer a big deal, but Paulie has said before, he doesn't want to live in Boston and the East Coast.

So really only the Padres (if they lose Giles), the Dodgers and the Angels worry me.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
Boston needs a pitching staff.

They could use a guy to hit behind Ortiz no doubt...but they need a pitching staff.

I know they need one, but they also need hitting that they'll be losing if they trade Manny. This year's pitching market is bad. PK is available and they'll have the cash to shell out. I think they would sign him.