Official Re-sign Paul Konerko Thread

JDsDirtySox

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it for what its worth, but Tim Kurkjian said this morning on Mike & Mike that he's convinced that Pauly will be back with the Sox. Said he wants to stay, and while the offer he gets from us may not be the biggest, it will probably be big enough.

Sounds like pure speculation, but in my opinion, I agree and think this is how it'll play out.

cheers to paulie and thome on the southside in 06

and heres a little hope that frank comes back to be a PH and DH replacement everyone once and a while

eek... it sure is hard to put to bed any old nastalgic love for the big hurt... even if its necessary.

By the looks of things Thomas days are over on the Southside. With all this Thome talk out there and all. I DONT want Thome as our 1B I want him as our DH. Pauly should be our top priority, no doubt about it.

Anyone know what kind of players Philly is asking for in return? I hope not one of our starters.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)
By the looks of things Thomas days are over on the Southside. With all this Thome talk out there and all. I DONT want Thome as our 1B I want him as our DH. Pauly should be our top priority, no doubt about it.

Anyone know what kind of players Philly is asking for in return? I hope not one of our starters.

Well....they did ask the Mariners for a pretty s***ty pitching prospect. :P

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
No, they asked for King Felix!

Damn! So that means they are going to be asking for BMac probably. LOL that wont happen. If Philly wants anyone decent in return for Thome they will need to eat more than half of his contract. And even then I wouldn't give up BMac. Maybe Baj or Sweeney however.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
No, they asked for King Felix!

That's pretty ridiculous. Supposedly they also told Cleveland that they want Cliff Lee. Or maybe it was Grady Sizemore. Cleveland asked for one of them for Thome, Florida asked for the other for Delgado. Either way, those demands are going to have to come down if they're going to be dealt.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 09:20 AM)
Latest PK rumblings, including KW quotes, from the Trib:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

Note: this was written before Delgado's signing broke.

It should be interesting to see what happens with PK now that Delgado was traded. It probably neutralizes on both sides... it takes away a potential suitor for PK, but it also takes away a potential bat from the Sox.

The Manny situation should go a long way to determine what happens with PK

QUOTE(timotime @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 08:51 AM)
i hear that the O's have made an offer to Kong. anyone know anything about that or any other offers?

Further proves how dumb the O's are. They keep offering long term big money contracts to hitters while not ever going after pitchers.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 05:57 PM)
Further proves how dumb the O's are.  They keep offering long term big money contracts to hitters while not ever going after pitchers.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly! If Paulie wants to win another title he will take the least amount of money and stay on a contender. The O's have to many boppers and no pitching.

The few other teams that worry me are Boston and Anahiem. But they haven't offered him a deal yet?

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 10:30 AM)
Exactly! If Paulie wants to win another title he will take the least amount of money and stay on a contender. The O's have to many boppers and no pitching.

The few other teams that worry me are Boston and Anahiem. But they haven't offered him a deal yet?

I don't see any reason why Konerko should need to take the "Least" amount of money. There is absolutely nothing stopping the White Sox from making Paulie a perfectly fair offer. The only thing which would beat that is another team offering him several million a year more than Sexson got, and that just doesn't seem like a smart plan for anyone.

Some interesting bits from this article:

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/whitesox.asp?id=125348

As for Rowand’s replacement, forget the Florida Marlins’ Juan Pierre. The Sox are not interested.

Williams is confident 23-year-old center fielder Brian Anderson is ready to step in and perform at a high level, despite playing in just 13 games this season.

So Anderson it is.

“I told Paulie we were going to go out and get him some protection,’’ Williams said. “I told him we were going to add a big bat.’’

Looks like KW did that.

Equally important, Thome just might help the White Sox retain Konerko, the most attractive free agent on the market.

Konerko often has talked about his admiration for Thome, who used to play for the rival Cleveland Indians before moving to Philadelphia in 2003.

Thome feels the same way about Konerko, and he already has offered to fly to Arizona to personally push for Konerko to return to the Sox.

Really cool to see mutual respect. I also like the fact that Thome has already offered to fly to AZ to help with Paulie.

Edited by WinninUgly

QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 06:58 AM)
Some interesting bits from this article:

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/whitesox.asp?id=125348

So Anderson it is.

Looks like KW did that.

Really cool to see mutual respect.  I also like the fact that Thome has already offered to fly to AZ to help with Paulie.

That makes me feel all tingly inside.