Official Re-sign Paul Konerko Thread

JDsDirtySox

It's starting to get interesting. But IMO Kenny knows that if he cannot sign Paulie, he will get some severe flacking for it, unless it similar to a Scott Boras-type contract.

Aubrey Huff? Dunno. What's his scouting report???

What other possibilities do the Sox have in case Paulie does fly the coup? Somehow, I don't think putting Ross Gload at 1b will strike fear in the hearts of the Red Sox, Angels and Astros like it did during the playoffs.

Heck, like I just said; that's justification to sign Paulie at any cost!

Paulie, come on back!!!

I'm sorry about that Adam Dunn writeup! I'm eating crow!!!

:pray

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Citing a high-ranking White Sox official, The Sun reported in Tuesday's edition that Konerko has an arthritic hip condition. One Orioles official said the club is aware of the condition, which was apparently diagnosed years ago, but isn't deeply concerned. The White Sox aren't making any official comment on Konerko's hip, but one club official privately told the Chicago Tribune that the team was upset that the information had become public."

QUOTE(hi8is @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
"Citing a high-ranking White Sox official, The Sun reported in Tuesday's edition that Konerko has an arthritic hip condition. One Orioles official said the club is aware of the condition, which was apparently diagnosed years ago, but isn't deeply concerned. The White Sox aren't making any official comment on Konerko's hip, but one club official privately told the Chicago Tribune that the team was upset that the information had become public."

That's been known for awhile.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
1.) Someone reported PK said No to the O's.

2.) Dunn would be a nice replacement if PK leaves...

Say good bye to the rest of our top prospects and then be ready to throw big time money at dunn. If we cannot resign konerko i would rather trade for a stop gate ( that does not mean bad) type of player and wait until next off-season, one that is ridirkulously loaded to find our first baseman of the next 3-5 years.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 01:31 AM)
Say good bye to the rest of our top prospects and then be ready to throw big time money at dunn. If we cannot resign konerko i would rather trade for a stop gate ( that does not mean bad) type of player and wait until next off-season, one that is ridirkulously loaded to find our first baseman of the next 3-5 years.

Any names specifically?

Free agent Paul Konerko, who spent Tuesday visiting with the Angels, turned down a five-year, $65 million offer from the Orioles.

The Angels' offer is reportedly worth $60 million over five years, and the Bergen Record's Bob Klapisch believes a deal is it's final stages. The Orioles are awaiting a counterproposal from Konerko's agent, but they're not optimistic. As the bidding goes up, so will the chatter about Konerko's arthritic hip, which was mentioned in Tuesday's Baltimore Sun. The condition was diagnosed years ago, but hasn't given him any problems. None of the clubs doing the bidding are believed to be overly concerned. Nov. 30 - 12:46 am et

I'm starting to develop a real bad feeling about this.

Something tells me Paulie is ready to spring for coast and play for the Angels even if the Sox are able to meet or exceed their contract offers. This is really tough to digest.

I'm bracing myself to bid Paulie farwell in the upcoming weeks.

Just got a bad feeling about the whole thing.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)
I'm starting to develop a real bad feeling about this.

Something tells me Paulie is ready to spring for coast and play for the Angels even if the Sox are able to meet or exceed their contract offers.  This is really tough to digest.

I'm bracing myself to bid Paulie farwell in the upcoming weeks. 

Just got a bad feeling about the whole thing.

How would people feel if PK left for less money (or the same amount)?

That would just be ugly.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
How would people feel if PK left for less money (or the same amount)?

That would just be ugly.

Sadly, it's going to get ugly if PK leaves no matter what the contract is. At least the winter meetings are soon, so rumors will pop up every day about possible replacements.

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)
I have been listening to ESPN radio this morning and at the 11:00 hour they first said the White Sox had entered the bidding and that KW was confident they could retain him.  Just letting you know FWIW

SFF

Yeah on their updates just now they said he visited the Angels and they offered 5 years 60 million. Jason Starks I believe is reporting the Sox are now stepping up and hope to have him signed by the weekend.