Texans Gear Up to Decide on Gay Marriage

Texsox

By KELLEY SHANNON

The Associated Press

Thursday, November 3, 2005; 8:00 AM

AUSTIN, Texas -- Opponents of a proposed constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriages in Texas have a message for you: The proposition could mean trouble for marriage between a man and woman.

With telephone calls, e-mails and Internet postings, gay rights activists and others opposed to Proposition 2 are spreading that idea as part of their longshot battle to derail the measure in Tuesday's election.

The tactic has supporters of the same-sex marriage ban crying foul. It has opponents boasting that they may have a chance at defeating the measure _ in Texas, of all places, the conservative home state of President Bush.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0300257_pf.html

heath_ledger5.jpg

Some of the rhetoric down here is so bad, if it was so innaccurate, it would be funny.

If this doesn't pass, there will be gay and lesbian couples EVERYWHERE, we'll be OVERRUN! They will be in the SCHOOLS, at WORK, thousands of them, EVERYWHERE. KISSIN' and HIGGIN' I hear there are already plans for half of San Francisco to move to Texas. :headshake

I guess I'll finally get to meet Rex. :lol:

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
Some of the rhetoric down here is so bad, if it was so innaccurate, it would be funny.

If this doesn't pass, there will be gay and lesbian couples EVERYWHERE, we'll be OVERRUN! They will be in the SCHOOLS, at WORK, thousands of them, EVERYWHERE. KISSIN' and HIGGIN' I hear there are already plans for half of San Francisco to move to Texas.  :headshake

I guess I'll finally get to meet Rex.  :lol:

You don't know what you are missing :wub:

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)

If this doesn't pass, there will be gay and lesbian couples EVERYWHERE, we'll be OVERRUN! They will be in the SCHOOLS, at WORK, thousands of them, EVERYWHERE. KISSIN' and HIGGIN' I hear there are already plans for half of San Francisco to move to Texas.  :headshake

I guess I'll finally get to meet Rex.  :lol:

Well, gay couples already can't be foster parents, cuz, y'know, that gay stuff can rub off on the child and they can become gay.

I'm tellin' ya, that closet in the capital is getting crowded.

Edited by CanOfCorn

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 04:10 AM)
From what I've read, the gay marriage amendment is written so vaguely, it may actually be outlawing all marriage. I could vote for that. Equal rights for equal people.

Well, that decides it. I'm moving to Texas.

Anyone see Stephen Colbert's interview on gay marriage last nite? Hil-f***ing-larious.

Colbert: Name something that has gone wrong because of gay marriage.

Anti-gay: I could probably do research and connect the dots to show that gay marriage has had many negative effects.

Colbert: But who needs to do research when saying it is much more effective?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 09:21 AM)
Anyone see Stephen Colbert's interview on gay marriage last nite? Hil-f***ing-larious.

Colbert: Name something that has gone wrong because of gay marriage.

Anti-gay: I could probably do research and connect the dots to show that gay marriage has had many negative effects.

Colbert: But who needs to do research when saying it is much more effective?

Are you sure that was Colbert and not Ed Helms?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 06:49 PM)
Not at all, welcome to the border region. 85% Democrat. Now up by Kap, that's GOPer heaven.

Move to Austin. That's a Democrat island right there.

And actually Austin is a beautiful city with a great culture.

And there just might be a few singles around there who aren't interested in marriage.

:lol:

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
Move to Austin.  That's a Democrat island right there.

And actually Austin is a beautiful city with a great culture.

And there just might be a few singles around there who aren't interested in marriage.

:lol:

Thank you Kap. I'm not certain if my girlfriend will go for it. Or are you confusing Soxy with me? If that's so, you've been working waaaaay tooooooo much! :D

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
Thank you Kap. I'm not certain if my girlfriend will go for it. Or are you confusing Soxy with me? If that's so, you've been working waaaaay tooooooo much!  :D

Ya'll are welcome in the blueness that is Austin. Just stay away from 11th and Colorado...that's a little bit of Rick Perry Red.

Whenever someone asks where in Texas I live, I send the blue/red county tracker from USAToday and say,

"See that little speck of blue in the middle of alllllll the red? Yeah, that's me."

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)
Ya'll are welcome in the blueness that is Austin.  Just stay away from 11th and Colorado...that's a little bit of Rick Perry Red. 

Whenever someone asks where in Texas I live, I send the blue/red county tracker from USAToday and say,

"See that little speck of blue in the middle of alllllll the red?  Yeah, that's me."

Rick Perry is officially an assmunch. God, what a waste of a governor.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
Rick Perry is officially an assmunch.  God, what a waste of a governor.

Really? I like him. I've been fortunate enough to meet him on three occasions, two involving my kids, and walked away being impressed by his sincerity. In our last election, as much as I tried to like the Dem candidate, in the end, I pulled for Perry. I still think he was the better choice.