6 US Servicemen charged with rape

Texsox

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
6 strange men, 1 chick, in a van?  Bad choice.  Doesn't excuse it, but that was some very bad decision making on her part.

Well, that took slightly longer than I thought it would.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 01:17 PM)
6 strange men, 1 chick, in a van?  Bad choice.  Doesn't excuse it, but that was some very bad decision making on her part.

I see you dont have to be a white, blonde ditz to make poor decisions.

That being said if those guys are guilty then every one of em needs to burn for it.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 01:17 PM)

If a guy walks down the street wearing a nice suit, a nice watch, and is carrying $500 and gets mugged, was that a bad choice? If the accusations are true, she allowed herself to get tricked by rapists.

Yes, Nuke she made a poor decision to hang out with rapists. I doubt if you were hanging out with 5 buddies, you would be thinking, let's find some woman and rape her?

Wow 6 people.... you would think of the 6 one would at least have the sensibility to tell them that what they are planning to do is sick and disgusting.....

I just dont understand how some people' mind works..... to me just being naked in front of 5 other guys is disgusting and than raping a woman..... :banghead

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 08:11 PM)
I heard Dr Phil talking last night on Leno that they have reason to believe Natalie Hollaway's still alive and may very well be working as a sex slave.

/puke... /crying... /anger... no wait, the anger is still there.

I say this with Love:

Dr. Phil is a f***ing moron.

Edited by ChiSoxyGirl

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
If a guy walks down the street wearing a nice suit, a nice watch, and is carrying $500 and gets mugged, was that a bad choice? If the accusations are true, she allowed herself to get tricked by rapists.

Yes, Nuke she made a poor decision to hang out with rapists. I doubt if you were hanging out with 5 buddies, you would be thinking, let's find some woman and rape her?

Bad comparison. If the guy in your example does all of that in Beverly Hills and gets mugged, it's bad luck. If he does it in a s***ty neighborhood, then YES, it's a very bad decision. Similarly, if this girl had left with a guy she knew pretty well, it's horrible luck. She left with 6 guys she'd meet that night, very bad decision.

Again, if they're guilty, they should go to prison.

Here's my question. Over 80% of rapes committed are committed by someone the victim knows. Why don't we hear about those? Why do we only hear about the ones where it's "easy" to say, stupid girl, what a dumb slut? Easier to create a big to do about something where we can blame the victim than admit something similar could happen to a friend, a girlfriend or ourselves.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 12:11 AM)
I heard Dr Phil talking last night on Leno that they have reason to believe Natalie Hollaway's still alive and may very well be working as a sex slave.

/puke... /crying... /anger... no wait, the anger is still there.

refresh my mind... Natalie Hollaway?

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
I see this thread as an example of immense progress.

Only four dickheads (so far) thought the subject of gang rape was a good subject for a joke or a blame the victim statement.

We’ve come a long way, baby.

You must be new here, this is actually the least victim blaming thread we've ever had.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 07:09 PM)

Only four dickheads (so far) thought the subject of gang rape was a good subject for a joke or a blame the victim statement.

In the cases where the victim does not know the victim Im willing to bet that at least half of them involve a Natalee Holloway version where some floozy gets wasted in a bar , goes home with drunk, horny guy(s) and bad things result.

Mercy. Please forgive those who display enough common sense to know that when you're drunk and your friends aren't around that its a really bad idea to run off with a bunch of strangers. We're not dickheads, we just know better and cant help but marvel at how utterly stupid some people can be.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)

I only count 3, and I really f***ing hope you aren't counting me in with their ilk.

After doing education on this topic for 3 years to all incoming college freshman (yes, boys too) are these attitudes surprising? Nope. Have I heard worse? Yep. Do these "stranger danger" type articles and news stories divert attention from more common, insidious and horrific stories of acquaintence rape? Yep. Do I think that comments like, she's dumb for doing it and should have seen it coming (although, tempered by the, but they should still go to jail) as damaging to rape victims as the actual rape? Yep.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
refresh my mind... Natalie Hollaway?

Dumb ass, spoiled white chick from Alabama goes on a class trip to Aruba. She gets wasted in a bar, ditches her friends and runs off with 3 dudes. Hasn't been seen or heard from since. Big media event follows complete with an on-screen tracker of how many days she's been missing. The prevailing wisdom is that she was gang-raped and then turned into shark food by the 3 that took her home from the bar.

This story is proof positive that lack of common sense kills.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
In the cases where the victim does not know the victim Im willing to bet that at least half of them involve a Natalee Holloway version where some floozy gets wasted in a bar , goes home with drunk, horny guy(s) and bad things result. 

Mercy.  Please forgive those who display enough common sense to know that when you're drunk and your friends aren't around that its a really bad idea to run off with a bunch of strangers.  We're not dickheads,  we just know better and cant help but marvel at how utterly stupid some people can be.

Because I'm sure date rape drugs are never a factor in these types of situations. :rolly

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
Go watch Fox News for about 20 minutes.  I think they're still giving her wall-to-wall coverage.

No. Fortunately Greta Van Sustern made a name for herself talking about every last minute detail of the investigation for 3 months and has moved on to other, equally mindless, issues.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
Booze is the ultimate date rape drug.  I dont have stats but Im willing to bet that the use of "roofies" as an MO is pretty tiny.

I agree that alcohol is the most common date rape drug. (Which is why you legally can't give consent while drunk or under the influence of any drug.)

Roofies as in rohypnal (spelled wrong) okay, I'll also grant you that would be rare (although I've known two people that it happened to). But I promise you any medicine cabinet in America has something that could be slipped in a drink and used as a date rape drug.