Which Team will finish last in the central

QUOTE(rangercal @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 03:26 AM)
correcting grammatical errors on a message board at 1:30 am just shows a lot of people need to get a girlfriend.

Or....ORRR...it could be that some of us read these boards while we work 3rd shift maybe? And we enjoy being funny, if only to a smal lgroup

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
We will still rebound plenty. Putting the ball in the basket on the other hand will be a problem.

Do you think the Bulls are better of defensively in the front court with Sweeney and Songalia at PF?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 01:38 AM)
Do you think the Bulls are better of defensively in the front court with Sweeney and Songalia at PF?

Songo is a better defender than davis is at this point in his career and i view sweetney and curry as basically a wash defensively. We are better imo ... but it is by a very slight margin.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 06:41 PM)
Songo is a better defender than davis is at this point in his career and i view sweetney and curry as basically a wash defensively. We are better imo ... but it is by a very slight margin.

Songo was an excellent pickup at the price you got him at. I wish we would have made an effort to sign him as our backup PF for Dwight, but we got Bo "I'll scrap for everything" Outlaw. Darius always produced in Sacramento when he was given minutes, and under Skiles he should do the same.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)

Davis could guard centers while Songalia can't. I think your comparing apples and oranges, but the Bulls lack a player that can defend a decent center. Chandler could turn into that guy, but its going to take some time.

I think our lack of size is a bit overrated. Not everybody has these huge, talented players. How much size does Detroit have? Granted they are more talented, but Ben Wallace and McDyess aren't exactly huge. Very few teams have more than one legit big guy in the East. If Chandler can stay out of foul trouble, we should be okay. He's a solid rebounder and defender, and we can get by with Sweetney, Songalia, and Harrington. I especially think this is true because Deng and Nocioni are both decent rebounders (although I'd like to see a lot more of Deng than Nocioni).

Call me crazy, but I think we can hang with the Bucks and stay somewhat close to the Cavs. The Cavs are a better team than us, but I'm not so sure it's significantly better. I'm not a big fan of Hughes or Gooden at all (both are decent but not stellar), and Ilgauskas is pretty bad on defense. I do like that they can bring Jones and Marshall off the bench though. I think we're all overrating the Bucks a little bit. They don't win either game if Redd doesn't go absolutely nuts. He's not going to score 30 plus every night. They've got several decent to good players, but don't exactly have any stars, and their bench is fairly suspect. They can be beat inside. MaGloire is only passable, and Bogut is a little slow.

We definitely need another scorer to step up though. We can't get by on just Hinrich and Gordon. I think there are possibilities for that to happen. One big thing is I think Deng and Sweetney need to play more than they did in the first game. Both seem to be able to put the ball in the hoop, which is even more valuable since Sweetney works in the post. Duhon looks like a much more capable scorer than last year also. However, we can't depend on Nocioni, Harrington, and to a lesser extent Songaila to score consistently. That just won't work.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 10:29 AM)
I think our lack of size is a bit overrated. Not everybody has these huge, talented players. How much size does Detroit have? Granted they are more talented, but Ben Wallace and McDyess aren't exactly huge. Very few teams have more than one legit big guy in the East. If Chandler can stay out of foul trouble, we should be okay. He's a solid rebounder and defender, and we can get by with Sweetney, Songalia, and Harrington. I especially think this is true because Deng and Nocioni are both decent rebounders (although I'd like to see a lot more of Deng than Nocioni).

Call me crazy, but I think we can hang with the Bucks and stay somewhat close to the Cavs. The Cavs are a better team than us, but I'm not so sure it's significantly better. I'm not a big fan of Hughes or Gooden at all (both are decent but not stellar), and Ilgauskas is pretty bad on defense. I do like that they can bring Jones and Marshall off the bench though. I think we're all overrating the Bucks a little bit. They don't win either game if Redd doesn't go absolutely nuts. He's not going to score 30 plus every night. They've got several decent to good players, but don't exactly have any stars, and their bench is fairly suspect. They can be beat inside. MaGloire is only passable, and Bogut is a little slow.

We definitely need another scorer to step up though. We can't get by on just Hinrich and Gordon. I think there are possibilities for that to happen. One big thing is I think Deng and Sweetney need to play more than they did in the first game. Both seem to be able to put the ball in the hoop, which is even more valuable since Sweetney works in the post. Duhon looks like a much more capable scorer than last year also. However, we can't depend on Nocioni, Harrington, and to a lesser extent Songaila to score consistently. That just won't work.

Bucks are better than us and the Cavs, imo. That said I think the Bulls have the ability to be better than both Mil and Cleveland. Its gonna be a tough as nails division and it is a darn talented one too.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
Bucks are better than us and the Cavs, imo.  That said I think the Bulls have the ability to be better than both Mil and Cleveland.  Its gonna be a tough as nails division and it is a darn talented one too.

It's definitely a tough division, but I'm not sold on the Bucks. It'll take a lot more than two decent games to convince me. Bogut will get abused by the better centers and will probably hit a wall at some point, and Magloire is just not that good. He can rebound, but is a decent defender at best and offers little offensively. Their backcourt is solid but not stellar. Their starting 5 is a little better, but their depth is a serious issue, while ours is not.

The problem with the Bulls is that they don't match up with anyone inside, especially in their division. They don't have that lowpost scoring threat like they had last year. All the other teams do.

Defensively, teams will be able to just concentrate on our guards and not get burned much at all. I mean, even though the win was nice on Wed. we still had to come back from 25 points down against the Bobcats.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
I think our lack of size is a bit overrated. Not everybody has these huge, talented players. How much size does Detroit have? Granted they are more talented, but Ben Wallace and McDyess aren't exactly huge.

Big Ben and 'Sheed>>>>>>>>>>>>Tyson and Songaila

Ben Wallace is ridiculously stronger than Tyson.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 12:03 PM)
Davis could guard centers while Songalia can't.  I think your comparing apples and oranges, but the Bulls lack a player that can defend a decent center.  Chandler could turn into that guy, but its going to take some time.

Chandler is nearly perfect size for a center. He is huge now. I think he might be able to defend just a decent center... maybe.