Sports Illustrated

WilliamTell

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
THe seven dollar one? I got mine at the local Barnes and Noble yesterday. You should try there first although you may be on to somethign with it being regional

When I was living in Chicagoland last year, I picked up the Red Sox commemorative SI. Now that I'm living in LA, I haven't seen the commemorative SI anywhere out here.

Any fellow Southern Californians know where I can go in LA county to take one of these beauties home with me?

QUOTE(Drew @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
When I was living in Chicagoland last year, I picked up the Red Sox commemorative SI. Now that I'm living in LA, I haven't seen the commemorative SI anywhere out here.

Any fellow Southern Californians know where I can go in LA county to take one of these beauties home with me?

Nice sig Drew.

QUOTE(mccarthyp @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 02:42 PM)
Can somebody help me? I've been looking for the soft-cover Sports Illustrated Commemorative Edition (not he regular WS edition or the Hardcover special Edition) on the World Series. Someone posted a copy of the cover here, but I haven't been able to find in anywhere locally. I live in Colorado, so maybe it isn't available here. I tried contacting SI, but they didn't seem to know what I was talking about.

The photo has AJ and Jenks hugging in the middle. Brian Anderson and Brandon McCarthy are coming in on the far right. Has anyone seen this issue? Can anyone get a copy of it for me? I would, of course, pay you for it (I could even throw in a McCarthy rookie card).

I just picked one up at Jewel today. They had a nice large display case full of them. They also had some NICE framed pictures for sale - I may stop back there and pick up the one of Ozzie holding the trophy aloft. 18 bucks, not bad at all.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
Anyone get the White Sox SI Commemorative Edition magazine? I got it for 6.99 at Walgreens. All White Sox coverages with features and amazing pictures. Definitely worth 7 bucks. Had season and world series recaps too.

I bought it today. It's pretty nice. I also bought the Chicago Tribune book and 4 other magazines/books. Not to mention the 12 newspapers I kept, the flag for my car, the T-Shirt, and the liscense plate frame. I also taped all the WS games and the pennant clincher game. To say the least, I've blown a lot of money on White Sox stuff lately.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
I bought it today. It's pretty nice. I also bought the Chicago Tribune book and 4 other magazines/books. Not to mention the 12 newspapers I kept, the flag for my car, the T-Shirt, and the liscense plate frame. I also taped all the WS games and the pennant clincher game. To say the least, I've blown a lot of money on White Sox stuff lately.

i've ordered over 200 dollars of merchandise. woot :drink

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 03:44 PM)
Yeah I can't wait until those Wheaties boxes come out. But I will admit I was dissapointed in seeing Manning and Brady on the cover of this weeks Sports Illustrated.

The Wheaties boxes, not on sale yet to the public, are goign for over $20 on the bay. I think its kinnd of foolish because there will be thousands of them in a few weeks. Its gonna be a must-own collectible.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
The Wheaties boxes, not on sale yet to the public, are goign for over $20 on the bay. I think its kinnd of foolish because there will be thousands of them in a few weeks. Its gonna be a must-own collectible.

Luckily (or unluckily) I work at a grocery store, so the second that the Wheaties boxes come in, 5 are being put aside for me. :)