T.O. and Favre

T.O. can never stop doubting his own quarterbacks. It amazes me that anyone even throws him the ball anymore, despite how good he is.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2213282

PHILADELPHIA -- Terrell Owens thinks the Eagles could be undefeated at this point in the season if they had Brett Favre at quarterback.

In an exclusive interview with ESPN.com contributor Graham Bensinger, the outspoken wide receiver also said injuries to Donovan McNabb have slowed the Eagles (4-3) this season.

"If Donovan wasn't hurt our record would probably be better," Owens said Thursday night.

ESPN analyst Michael Irvin recently said the Eagles would be undefeated if Favre were the starting quarterback.

Asked for his thoughts on Irvin's comment, Owens said: "That's a good assessment, I would agree with that, just with what [Favre] brings to the table.

"A number of commentators will say he's a warrior, he's played with injuries. I feel like him being knowledgeable about the quarterback position, I feel like we'd probably be in a better situation."

Owens returned to practice Thursday after suffering a sprained ankle in the loss to Denver on Sunday. He's listed as questionable for Philadelphia's game, but told ESPN.com, "I would say I'm closer to playing than not."

McNabb has been bothered by injuries all season. He's been hampered by a sports hernia since Week 1, and also has a bruised chest and shin. McNabb missed his second straight practice Thursday with a rib injury and was downgraded to questionable.

Owens also hard harsh things to say about the Eagles for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch Oct. 23 at home against the Chargers.

"That right there just shows you the type of class and integrity that they claim not to be," said Owens, who became the sixth receiver in NFL history to reach the milestone. "They claim to be first class and the best organization. It's an embarrassment. It just shows a lack of class they have. My publicist talked to the head PR guy, and they made an excuse they didn't recognize that was coming up. But that was a blatant lie. Had it been somebody else, they probably would have popped fireworks around the stadium."

Owens, who is unhappy with his contract, said he wants to remain in Philadelphia but doesn't think that will happen.

"I just want to be happy," he said. "If it's here, then I would love to be here; if not you got to move on. ... If there's a situation where they have a change of heart and come to their senses and pay me what I'm worth, then I'd be more than happy to be here.

"At this time I'm being honest with myself just trying to look toward the future, and I just don't see myself really being here. It's not because I don't want to be here, but I just don't foresee them doing the necessary things to keep me here."

The funniest thing about what Michael Irvin said is earlier this year Irvin got into an On-Air argument with Steve Young stating that Favre was DONE and he had nothing left in him(to which Young disagreed vehemently). Now Irvin thinks that Favre could be undefeated if he was in Philly? What a joke.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)
Really if I'm McNabb i'm telling Philly Management either he goes, or I go. Talk about a cancer in the lockerroom.

I agree. But being the Bears fan I am, and knowing that you are a Cowboys fan, isnt it fun watching the Eagles lay in the bed they made? How could they have possibly thought that anyone could make T.O. happy?

QUOTE(Confederate_48 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
T.O. is right though about Donovan hurting the teams record. Hes so hurt hes missing wide open receivers and Andy Reid keeps on throwing the ball.

I dont watch Eagles games, but after looking at McNabbs numbers I was surprised at how much better they were than what i thought. He doesnt seem to be missing too many WRs

Passes Attempted- 288

Passes Completed-170

Completion percentage- 59.0

2034 yards

7.06 yards per completion

15 touchdowns

7 interceptions

87.9 passer rating

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133361

McNabb is actually having a pretty normal season. If you take out last year, which was fantastic for him, these numbers are right on par with McNabb. AND he is playing with a sports hernia.

And to have T.O. talking about how Mcnabb is hurting the team, when T.O. just removed himself from this weeks game, and maybe next weeks game because he just doesnt feel right yet, speaks volumes on who is the team player and who is the "Me" player.

T.O. is a b****

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 09:21 AM)
McNabb is actually having a pretty normal season.  If you take out last year, which was fantastic for him, these numbers are right on par with McNabb.  AND he is playing with a sports hernia.

Of course...who knows how much better he could be if he actually had a running game. YOu can't throw as often as they do and not expect your QB to wind up on the sidelines hurt.

QUOTE(Confederate_48 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 08:50 AM)
T.O. is right though about Donovan hurting the teams record. Hes so hurt hes missing wide open receivers and Andy Reid keeps on throwing the ball.

With Favre they would be pretty close to undefeated. Than again, if the Bears had Brett Favre I firmly believe they'd be undefeated.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
I dont watch Eagles games, but after looking at McNabbs numbers I was surprised at how much better they were than what i thought.  He doesnt seem to be missing too many WRs

Passes Attempted- 288

Passes Completed-170

Completion percentage- 59.0

2034 yards

7.06 yards per completion

15 touchdowns

7 interceptions

87.9 passer rating

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133361

McNabb is actually having a pretty normal season.  If you take out last year, which was fantastic for him, these numbers are right on par with McNabb.  AND he is playing with a sports hernia.

And to have T.O. talking about how Mcnabb is hurting the team, when T.O. just removed himself from this weeks game, and maybe next weeks game because he just doesnt feel right yet, speaks volumes on who is the team player and who is the "Me" player.

T.O. is a b****

I live in PA so im stuck with the Eagles games and as good as the numbers look they should actually be better. He has missed alot of receivers but since they throw so much and alot of them are short high percentage passes it makes it look better. You can just tell by watching him this year compared to last year he isnt as accurate.

As for T.O. removing himself from the next two games just note that the next 2 games are nationally televised games for the Eagles. Hes not a doctor so I dont see how he can feel that its gonna take 2 weeks to be ready. T.O. is just putting on his act and probably will play both games. This is just for T.O to show up, when he was good enough to play all along, so everyone talks about him the whole game and how amazing it is he is able to play.

Brett Favre would have the Eagles no better off than Donovan McNabb has them. Donovan is one of the elite QB's in the game. He puts up the numbers, he gets Owens the ball all the time, its just that they have no running game like previously stated and no other options outside of TO. Donovan is not the problem. The defense is still the problem. If Brett Favre is a star DT that I don't know about, then maybe it changes.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
Brett Favre would have the Eagles no better off than Donovan McNabb has them. Donovan is one of the elite QB's in the game. He puts up the numbers, he gets Owens the ball all the time, its just that they have no running game like previously stated and no other options outside of TO. Donovan is not the problem. The defense is still the problem. If Brett Favre is a star DT that I don't know about, then maybe it changes.

if Brett Favre were QBing the Eagles, they'd be close to undefeated. but that's because he's healthy. McNabb would have them there to if he wasn't playing this banged up.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
I think the Eagles would have a worse record with Farve than McNabb.

McNabb brings more to the table, and Im not actually sure Farve would be that great in the Eagles offense.

SB

Far from it.

McNabb has been hurt this year, so his scrambling has been limited. With Farve, the team would be much better, and probably atop the NFC East.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 02:20 AM)
I agree.  But being the Bears fan I am, and knowing that you are a Cowboys fan, isnt it fun watching the Eagles lay in the bed they made?  How could they have possibly thought that anyone could make T.O. happy?

Exactly, but Brett Favre alone doesn't make this football team any better.

They're very susceptible against the run and pass now, Drew Bledsoe lit them up when we played them, and with no running game themselves, they often find themselves behind early in a lot of games, and force Donovan to pass all day long to try and catch up. Doesn't equal winning football, and in our division, I seriously doubt they're gonna make the playoffs. Have to beat Washington on Sunday Night.

I think they would be better because Favre is a better passer of the two and since D-Mac isnt exactly doing any running....in fact D-Mac has run significantly less every season he has been in the league. I like the fact he is using his arm and I understand not running this season... but its an added weapon that he needs to start using again to be an elite QB in this league.