fuck you Daubach

cwsox

how many errors can we make, but that one let two runs score -

if I were MB, I'd sue the defense for non support

BD has been a bust on O and D :huh:

Buehrle should sue him self for dereliction of duty.

Fine, without Daubachs error its 10-2 (probably more by the time I post this), so whats the difference? Buehrle stunk today, he cant blame anyone but himself...

Good defense would of picked him up but the fact is Buerhle made some bad pitches. He didn't get clobbered, but he's really missing his spots right now.

He's been alright lately, but nothing special. Now it should of been 6-4 if the defense did anything worth a damn, but that didn't happen. Buehrle, use this as a motivating factor and I hope he can get himself in a groove. What I have noticed is Buehrle typically has a game or two like this during the season.

That being said, if Buehrle got typical run support this season, no one would be complaining other then for this start.

Good defense would of picked him up but the fact is Buerhle made some bad pitches.  He didn't get clobbered, but he's really missing his spots right now.

He's been alright lately, but nothing special.  Now it should of been 6-4 if the defense did anything worth a damn, but that didn't happen.  Buehrle, use this as a motivating factor and I hope he can get himself in a groove.  What I have noticed is Buehrle typically has a game or two like this during the season. 

That being said, if Buehrle got typical run support this season, no one would be complaining other then for this start.

This is uncharacteristic of Buehrle. He is usually lights out in May. In his career, May has been his best month, posting a career ERA of 2.22 in May....that not including this year.

A guy on the MLB WS boards, themoll, brought up an interesting point in the offseason, shortly after the Koch trade. Mark Johnson was MB's personal catcher, and caught him for 2 years. I'd bet that most of Buehrle's struggles have not been him not pitching well, because he has probably had good stuff for pretty much the whole year. I bet most of his struggles have been because of his need to adjust to a new catcher. As soon as he and Olivo work s*** out and both get on the same page, MB will be fine.

That is one of the reasons why I believe this is a second half team. We will play great baseball come the second half. Right now though, we have not played steady, good, baseball all year long.

Good defense would of picked him up but the fact is Buerhle made some bad pitches.  He didn't get clobbered, but he's really missing his spots right now.

"Didn't get clobbered"? Dude, he allowed 10 hits and walked 2 over 3 1/3 innings. That's the definition of getting clobbered if you look it up in the baseball dictionary. :)

Maybe so, but if you really look at the numbers (beyond just ERA) and compare them to '01 and '02, you will see that Buehrle is just having an awful start to '03.

I think whitesoxfan has a really good point and something I didn't think about til it was mentioned - his catcher was traded. Alot of pitchers get used to a particular catcher and it is difficult to work it out. Over all Mark hasn't been as great as we expected, but before today he wasn't as bad as his record indicated. I willing to give him a break as long as he gets it together in the next 2-3 starts. If he doesn't, well, :fyou him. :P

I think whitesoxfan has a really good point and something I didn't think about til it was mentioned - his catcher was traded.  Alot of pitchers get used to a particular catcher and it is difficult to work it out.  Over all Mark hasn't been as great as we expected, but before today he wasn't as bad as his record indicated.  I willing to give him a break as long as he gets it together in the next 2-3 starts. If he doesn't, well,  :fyou  him.  :P

A real ace doesn't depend on his catcher -- they can pitch to anyone. 2-7 is unacceptable for any pitcher -- but for an ace on team that's expected to contend, it's COMPLETELY unacceptable.

There is one problem with that theory. Sandy Alomar was Buehrles favorite catcher and Alomar has caught every game except one.

He always raved about how great of a catcher Alomar was and how excited he was to have him back, etc.

The catcher excuse doesn't cut it. If Johnson was here, and got hurt, would you put Johnson and Buehrle on the DL? He's a major league pitcher and should be able to pitch to whoever JM puts in the lineup next to that C.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I think whitesoxfan has a really good point and something I didn't think about til it was mentioned - his catcher was traded.  Alot of pitchers get used to a particular catcher and it is difficult to work it out.  Over all Mark hasn't been as great as we expected, but before today he wasn't as bad as his record indicated.  I willing to give him a break as long as he gets it together in the next 2-3 starts. If he doesn't, well,  :fyou  him.  :P

nope i would have to say he cant use the favorite catcher thing as an excuse........of course he loves sandy but i think its time he tried using miguel.... 2-7 isnt exactly stellar but niether is 4-3 for an ace vet pitcher such as colon.. i noticed that bart used miguel and did much better .. maybe its marks turn to try it........????? :huh:

Guest hotsoxchick1

well i didnt say he was calling crappy games all i said is that i noticed that bart did rather well with miguel out there and maybe it was time that mark used him too.........dont go puttin words in my mouth here......lol....... ;)

A real ace doesn't depend on his catcher -- they can pitch to anyone.  2-7 is unacceptable for any pitcher -- but for an ace on team that's expected to contend, it's COMPLETELY unacceptable.

I completely disagree. Look at Schilling and Johnson, their catcher Damian Miller was traded to the Cubs, and they both had very poor starts. Schilling and Johnson both b****ed about Miller and how they weren't on the same page. But now Miller is gone bringing his veteran gamecalling with him to the Cubs and handling them real well.

I'm not sure if with Mark Johnson gone, its affecting Buerhles game. But catchers' game-calling is underrated. Of course the pitcher has their good stuff, but the catcher knows what pitches to throw in certain situations and thats priceless.