UPDATED: TO Suspended for the Rest of Season

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone feel sorry for T.O now?

The Terrell Owens' saga has taken perhaps its most absurd turn yet. While he was suspended for comments made Thursday, that was not his most outrageous action of that day.

Owens actually fought Pro Bowl defensive end and current Eagles ambassador Hugh Douglas in the team's rehab room late Thursday and then issued a challenge to fight several other teammates afterward. The Trenton Times first reported the story Sunday morning.

Those present told FOXSports.com, while Owens was in the pool rehabilitating his injured ankle, Douglas came into the area and began to get on the outspoken wide receiver. The two jawed back and forth before, believe it or not, Owens got out of the pool and went to get his sneakers on in order to get traction to throw some blows.

When he came back, with shoes on, Owens and Douglas started swinging. Douglas said both sides only threw a couple punches and none landed.

Several players, most getting treatment, tried to separate the pair, but Owens started throwing those players off of him to get at Douglas again. Owens shed his teammates and kept going after Douglas before L.J. Smith got Douglas into another area. One swing by Owens was described as a shot that would have done major damage had it landed.

The fight, which was deemed "unbelievable" by some present, is just the latest tale in the bizarre soap opera that has been Owens' season. However, Owens' bizarre afternoon didn't end there.

Following his fight with Douglas, a still-amped Owens walked into the locker room and issued a challenge to fight any player who wants to continue to talk behind his back. Although there were several players in the locker room, most believed his challenge was directed toward quarterback Donovan McNabb.

Basically, Owens said, and this is to paraphrase, that anyone else who talks behind his back who wants to step up should do it now, this is the time to take him on and he could handle it the way he did with Douglas. When nobody moved from their stools, Owens said something to the effect of, "That's what I thought" and walked out.

This is not the first time Owens and Douglas got into a heated exchange, although it's the first time punches were thrown. During training camp, FOXSports.com first reported that Owens and Douglas had a verbal altercation in an elevator with McNabb regarding the trio's tumultuous relationship. At the time, Douglas threatened to hit Owens but didn't follow through.

The brawl with Douglas and the ensuing challenge to his teammates to another fight was just another incident that has "worn us all out" according to teammates. Several teammates truly like Owens and all respect his play, but many others inside the locker room and organization are simply exhausted by the weekly soap opera that has become what seems like a scheduled distraction.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 07:20 PM)
Umm...CBS reported earlier today that Owens was listed as inactive and is not actually suspended.  So I am kind of confused as to whats true and what isn't. 

But that was reported today so I'm guessing he isn't suspended.

Yeah, they said TO would be listed as inacive for tonights game so Andy Reid could keep all of his options open.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 09:28 AM)
Westbrook signed a 5 year extension yesterday, btw.

Is it me or did they drastically overpay and overrate Westbrook. Westbrook is a solid all around back, but he's slated to make quite a bit of money now (i'm assuming the deal is backloaded and that he'll make somewhere around 3-4 million the first few years and will never reach the latter part of the deal).

The front page of ESPN now says that TO will be suspended for the maximum 4 games allowed and will not be back with the team this season.

As much of a pain in the ass that Owens is, this is seriously going to hurt the Eagles' chances. There are only a handful of receivers that can make the kind of impact that Owens can, and guys like Moss and Johnson aren't exactly the quite consumate team players either. Anyone else in that league is signed long term. I find it hard to believe that some team with some cap space wouldn't take him. He can make a major impact on your team, and his antics are much less severe and detrimental when the team is winning.

Edit- Damn you Sleepy, you beat me. :P

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 12:15 PM)
Is it me or did they drastically overpay and overrate Westbrook.  Westbrook is a solid all around back, but he's slated to make quite a bit of money now (i'm assuming the deal is backloaded and that he'll  make somewhere around 3-4 million the first few years and will never reach the latter part of the deal).

Personally, I think that they gave Westbrook what was needed.

Especially with TO now out, that team has exactly 1 very good weapon other than their QB, and it's Westbrook. Last year the guy was a marvel; both catching passes and in running the ball. He really did make a major difference on that team.

This year they have had tons of problems getting the ball to him, and they've been worried about him getting hurt if they run the ball.

I think that right now, the best thing that team can do is focus in on going McNabb to Westbrook as often as possible. Maybe not as often as Brees to Tomlinson should happen, but very close to that.

Well im happy... Im not a big eagles fan especially after all the media attention this off-season so w/out TO I dont think they will be going into the playoffs which is good. That means the only team that was apposed to be great in the NFC is really out. Some can argue the Panthers but they are beatable.

Although the Eagles can really take away from the loss if they start to run the ball. If they can establish a running game their offense wont miss a beat w/out TO.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 12:46 AM)
To put it all in perspective.........

Anyone here think Ozzie would have put up with this crap if TO were playing for the White Sox and doing this? 

Hell no.

I can't believe any Sox fan, after seeing what team can achieve, could support TO.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:43 AM)
I can't believe any Sox fan, after seeing what team can achieve, could support TO.

Well first of all I dont like to mix sports.... they are very different from one another.

2nd it depends on how you view TO. I view him as something to laugh at.... and with every dumb thing he does I find it funny..... if you take him seriously than it pisses you off but the stuff he does is so dumb I just find it hilarious.

I wish someone would have stepped up and taken TO up on his offer to have it out right there. And then, TO breaks his hand throwing a punch, but missing and hitting a locker instead. And THEN gets his ass handed to him by whomever he missed. Woulda been sweet.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 01:11 AM)
Send him to KC, we could use a receiver. lol only if that'd happen.

You should know this since you are a Chiefs fan but what the heck happened to Snoop Minnis? I thought he'd be a great WR one day.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:13 AM)
You should know this since you are a Chiefs fan but what the heck happened to Snoop Minnis? I thought he'd be a great WR one day.

Well Owens to KC won't happen. But Snoop was cut either last year or 2 years back. He was pretty injury prone. Or was that Sylvester Morris, I get them both mixed up. I know one of them went to Tampa Bay but nothing ever happened.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
Well Owens to KC won't happen. But Snoop was cut either last year or 2 years back. He was pretty injury prone. Or was that Sylvester Morris, I get them both mixed up. I know one of them went to Tampa Bay but nothing ever happened.

Well, neither of them are currently on the Buccaneers roster so....yeah. :lol: I remember Minnis back at FSU thinking he would be something special. He reminded me a lot of Peter Warrick and still does. Great college WR but nothing in the Bigs. He was on the Dolphins last year and did squat.

UPDATE: Snoop Minnis was signed by the Toronto Argonauts on May 30th 2005 but was cut June 7th. Ha......haha. Other notables formerly on the Argonauts....Andre Rison (cut Aug 26th) and great former Bear DE....THE Karon Riley (signed Oct 12th)

Ahhh, Canadian football.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:50 AM)
Well first of all I dont like to mix sports.... they are very different from one another.

2nd it depends on how you view TO.  I view him as something to laugh at.... and with every dumb thing he does I find it funny..... if you take him seriously than it pisses you off but the stuff he does is so dumb I just find it hilarious.

Obviously his coach and teammates don't find it so hilarious.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 06:50 PM)

2nd it depends on how you view TO.  I view him as something to laugh at.... and with every dumb thing he does I find it funny..... if you take him seriously than it pisses you off but the stuff he does is so dumb I just find it hilarious.

Even more so in football that depends on teamwork. Set plays, blocking schemes, etc. Spurs and Patriots are winning as a team. All the more reason TO isn't good for a team.