Would You?

MurcieOne

Trade For Brad Penny, and Luis Castillo?

I know the fish are gonna deal Castillo and Penny as well. I know I am being idealistic on this but why not to us?

I mean I think we'd also need to deal Jose and D'Lo (Jose preferably) but I dont think KW is this intellegent.

Would I do it....Simple...Yes

Would it cost us, simple...yes

It would cost us Lee, Rauch, Harris and another prospect or so I'd assume it would and I don't think I'd do that.

I don't think Penny solves anything for us, so I would stay away from to be honest.

I would trade for Castillo and let Jimenez play short, but that isn't going to happen either.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Would I do it....Simple...Yes

Would it cost us, simple...yes

It would cost us Lee, Rauch, Harris and another prospect or so I'd assume it would and I don't think I'd do that.

I don't think Penny solves anything for us, so I would stay away from to be honest.

I would trade for Castillo and let Jimenez play short, but that isn't going to happen either. 

I actually think that we could keep Rauch, if we give them Olivo and Lee..... However... Catching wise Olivo is our only glimmer of hope.

Penny is IMO the same boat as Garland and Wright..... on the brink. So i'll concur with you on that.

Castillo would be in the leadoff spot what kenny lofton started off as...... only for a whole season, and maybe more if we make it to the playoffs. And having a solid man at the top could be what gets us there.

Castillo and Jimenez at the top of the lineup would be lethal.

Also, I will not part with Olivo, he's the only thing we have that I can stand watching when it comes to catcher.

I want to keep Rauch too, cause I think he'll be better then Penny. I'd probably do Wright for Castillo though.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Castillo and Jimenez at the top of the lineup would be lethal.

Also, I will not part with Olivo, he's the only thing we have that I can stand watching when it comes to catcher.

I want to keep Rauch too, cause I think he'll be better then Penny.  I'd probably do Wright for Castillo though.

If we get Castillo we have to deal Jose.

I would love to see Luis Castillo as our 2nd baseman. Penny will be a good addition if he grows out to be a solid MLB pitcher. I just finished watching the World Series and I am happy for the Angels but depressed thinking when will the SOX win one.

So, I compared the STATS for the 2002 season. SOX is as talented as the Angels. But the Angels had a better avg, low strike out total, high number of stolen bases and much better pitching. WE NEED TO FOCUS ON FUNDAMENTALS.

Just to add, isnt Miguel Tejada a free agent this year? I would love to see him with the SOX. Howe is gone, maybe Tejada wants out too the management better try to get him.

The A's are most likely going to let Tejada go considering their attendance woes have continued despite them constantly putting out a winner.

I agree with you though, the Angels and Sox are comparable teams. The difference is the Angels added the couple veteran pitchers and they didn't strike out much and were very good on the basepaths and used tons of hit and runs. I think our Sox team can play a lot like that Angel team with a little more pop.