Will you want next one as much?

greg775

QUOTE(greg775 @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
Q-After wanting the Sox to win for so long and to have them come through

and make this the best winter ever ... somebody asked me if I'd be as much a

fanatic next season and seasons to come.

I ask you the same question. Will you "want it as much" next year?

Will you sweat out every game as you probably did this year?

Be mad at baserunning blunders when we lose or if Garland walks 7 in 3

innings?

Or if Marte walks two guys and we lose the opener, 7-6?

Will you be AS passionate as before now that we've won the crown is

all I'm asking?

No. I won't want the next one as much. I will not get as ticked off about dumb mistakes, Damaso walks, etc. I will still be as passionate about the Sox, but the urgency is gone. Yeah, I'd like to win about a dozen world series titles, but I'm satisfied that they won one in my lifetime--something I had seriously doubted I would see. This has been an incredible year.

I want it even more. I don't think I can handle the Sox going back to being a normal team. Plus, this one has barely sunk in and it all feels like a dream so I think I might be able to savor another one better.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:45 AM)
Ill want the next one just as much as this one but it wont mean as much to me, Im pretty sure everyone knows what I mean

I bet you'd be saying different if they win another one next season...

Great responses.

I'll now answer my own question.

I don't think I'll be as pissed when we lose. I don't see how I can be. My whole life it's been wait til next year and so many next years, the team was out of the race by July and it was wait til next year again.

This team scared the hell out of me as Cleveland crept up on it and thrilled the heck out of me in winning all but one postseason game.

Finally winning it all ... I can't imagine wanting the next one as much.

I agree I don't want the Sox to be a one-year wonder and maybe when next year gets rolling I'll care just as much, but I just don't see it.

That said ... Thank you white sox for not only getting into the Series, but winning it.

Just ask the Braves and Cardinals how hard it is to complete the deal.

And thank you AL all stars for winning the All Star game and giving us home field advantage!

That was sweet.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
Great responses.

I'll now answer my own question.

I don't think I'll be as pissed when we lose. I don't see how I can be. My whole life it's been wait til next year and so many next years, the team was out of the race by July and it was wait til next year again.

This team scared the hell out of me as Cleveland crept up on it and thrilled the heck out of me in winning all but one postseason game.

Finally winning it all ... I can't imagine wanting the next one as much.

I agree I don't want the Sox to be a one-year wonder and maybe when next year gets rolling I'll care just as much, but I just don't see it.

That said ... Thank you white sox for not only getting into the Series, but winning it.

Just ask the Braves and Cardinals how hard it is to complete the deal.

And thank you AL all stars for winning the All Star game and giving us home field advantage!

That was sweet.

Funny thing, but the home field advantage didn't come into play. If fact, it prevented the Sox from winning the Series at home.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 9, 2005 -> 07:21 AM)
Funny thing, but the home field advantage didn't come into play.  If fact, it prevented the Sox from winning the Series at home.

That's one way to look at it, but without the jump they got at home in all of the series, would they have won? The crowd DEFINITELY gave them a lift when they needed it, and the first two games of any playoff series is important. Yea, this team had (DAMN I hate that!! HAD!!) a swaggar on the road, no doubt, but winning at home eased the urgency on the road so they could just play ball. And that was well worth it, to me.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 9, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
That's one way to look at it, but without the jump they got at home in all of the series, would they have won?  The crowd DEFINITELY gave them a lift when they needed it, and the first two games of any playoff series is important.  Yea, this team had (DAMN I hate that!! HAD!!) a swaggar on the road, no doubt, but winning at home eased the urgency on the road so they could just play ball.  And that was well worth it, to me.

But my way of looking at it is the right way! :P

It reminds me when the Bulls won their first title. It felt sooo damn good to finally win it. Its a feel of relief, enjoyment, pride, and excitement. BUT, after you win that FIRST one. You become addicted to winning it again. (See Michael Jordan and the 90's Bulls) Now that we have that first taste of winning it all in our mouths- I want it more and more. Defending a title is very special. As a fan we should take pride in our 2006 White Sox. Because for a full season and hopefully more we are the champions of the world. So what means more to me? Probably winning the first one. But what will be more of a party? Winning that 2nd one. And winning it AT HOME!!! (see 1992 Bulls)

Funny thing, but the home field advantage didn't come into play. If fact, it prevented the Sox from winning the Series at home.

Good point, but I was thinking that getting off to that 2-0 start was huge. If it starts in NL park and we go 0-2 or 1-1 it might be a different series.

I love the fact we completed the deal when Minnie made the playoffs all those years out of our division and never won a series.

We had one of the best teams in modern history as it turned out, which is amazing to say after all that choke talk in September.

What a special season.

p.s. got my 2 white sox world series shirts in mail today and am waiting on that hat sold on mlb.com.

GO SOX

Oh Hell Yes!!! If the Sox are in the playoffs...you can bet your ass everybody will be just as uptight and intense as this past year. Of course you always want it...that's why you watch...that why you play.

Do you equate your business and personal life with one conquest?...I hope not. The more you get...the more you want. By the time the Bulls won their 6th title...I think I pretty much allienated everybody close to me during the playoffs and probably got a little more psychotic each year.

It's nice to finally have that taste of success. It's still mind boggling to me...Chicago White Sox...World Series Champs!!!!