Garland for Drew?

Cali

Yes. I'd do that .... Garland, Valentin, Gordon for Drew and Renteria. I wouldn't give up Marte or Koch in that deal. White is expendable, and I don't think St. Louis would want him. After all, they let him walk after last season, even though he pitched lights out for them.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the injury to Eli Morrero, I think the Cards would have done this deal.  Drew has been hobbled by knee and back injuries the past two seasons, and he's 27.  Garland is 23 and STILL has a lot of potential.  This could be one of those trades that are good for both teams.  Though, since the injury to Morrero, that leaves the Crads shorthanded in the OF.

Garland and Aaron Rowand or willie harris for JD Drew.

Yes.  I'd do that .... Garland, Valentin, Gordon for Drew and Renteria.  I wouldn't give up Marte or Koch in that deal.  White is expendable, and I don't think St. Louis would want him.  After all, they let him walk after last season, even though he pitched lights out for them.

God I would love to have Renteria, isn't he a free agent after this year? This guy gets on base and could help this offense and the defense. I wouldn't mind havin J.D. Drew either, than again we could always trade someone to Tampa for Rocco Baldelli....I know wishful thinking. :rolleyes:

CWSOX45

Give them Rowand or Rios or someone like that for a replacement OFer....they might not be good, but it will be fine until Marrero is back.

Hell I'd trade Rowand to St. Louis for Orlando Palmeiro, isn't that where is playing now?

I'd take him in center over anyone we have right now on the club.

CWSOX45

Well, the Cards are also hurting in the pen.  They might want to talk about a larger deal.  Something that could include Koch, Marte, Gordon or Wunsch.

I'm thinking the same thing YAS. The Card BP is horrid..... but Eldred got his second save of the season last night against the sCrUBS :headbang . Drew and Garland may be the big names batted around in this deal, but no way do I think it's JG for JDD straight up. Every GM in the League knows he can take advantage of KW :angry:

A trade for a first rate CF'er is what we need that's for sure. But, the trade makes less sense in happening with the Cards injury situation. Garland for Drew straight up would probably be a good trade for both sides. Neither has hit their expected level yet, but both are young and have great potential. We will never get a pitcher in return from the Cards because they are in desperate need of a starter and a reliever. I would think the Cards will really like a guy like Garland and a pitcher who might be able to relieve such as Porzio, who I think had some interest shown by other teasm in spring training. Who would we get from the Cards as their throw in? My bet is it won't happen as much as we might like it a lot.

Garland for Drew straight up, I couldn't pull the trigger quick enough. But I like the line of thinking that this thread is running on. The Cards and Sox are good matches for some deals. These are two teams to keep an eye on. Besides even if Garland gets dealt to the Cards and becomes consistant, at least we will be helping the Cards to beat the Cubs!!! :cheers

Garland and Aaron Rowand or willie harris for JD Drew.

That makes quite a bit more sense. Then the Sox have a backup in case someone gets hurt.

I'd like to get someone else in return along with them, but I don't know what they have in AAA.

A trade for a first rate CF'er is what we need that's for sure. But, the trade makes less sense in happening with the Cards injury situation. Garland for Drew straight up would probably be a good trade for both sides. Neither has hit their expected level yet, but both are young and have great potential. We will never get a pitcher in return from the Cards because they are in desperate need of a starter and a reliever.  I would think the Cards will really like a guy like Garland and a pitcher who might be able to relieve such as Porzio, who I think had some interest shown by other teasm in spring training. Who would we get from the Cards as their throw in? My bet is it won't happen as much as we might like it a lot.

Hey! I never thought of Porzio. That just might be a doable deal.

Hey! I never thought of Porzio.  That just might be a doable deal.

I'd send them Ginter too.

Garland, Porzio, and Ginter for Drew.....and, IMO, that works in the end. They then have Orlando Palmeiro in CF or wherever they want to play him. They could possibly trade for another solid OFer too.