"Shocking" - parents of the year for sure.

Steff

http://abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCenter/story?id=1209672&page=1

Oct. 13, 2005 — A Wisconsin man is facing child abuse charges for allegedly shocking his 8-year-old stepdaughter with an electric dog collar because she was eating her breakfast too slowly.

Gerald Majeres, 34, is sitting in a jail in Jackson, Wis., charged with felony child abuse, after police say he attached an electric dog collar to his stepdaughter's leg and shocked her because he and the girl's biological mother thought she was not eating her breakfast fast enough.

On Oct. 10, police told ABC News affiliate WISN-TV in Milwaukee that the girl's mother threatened to wake up Majeres if she did not eat her breakfast faster. Ultimately, she woke up Majeres, police said, and he brought out and used the electric collar.

His arrest came after an employee at the girl's elementary school noticed marks on the girl's thigh and contacted police and social services.

According to the criminal complaint against Majeres, the girl told investigators that her stepfather put the shock collar – which he normally used on the family dog – on her leg. Using a remote control, Majeres allegedly set the collar to level "4" and zapped the girl.

The girl, investigators say, told them that her stepfather said she was lucky he did not set the collar to "6," a level he uses for the dog, and that he threatened to shoot her pet rabbit while she was at school because she does not take care of it.

Mom Calls Daughter a 'Chronic Liar'

According to the complaint, the girl said the shock caused her to cry "a lot because it hurt a lot," and that Majeres threatened to continue to put the shock collar on her every morning "so that she gets done faster" with breakfast.

Police and social services officials say that when they came to the girl's home and confronted her mother, she immediately asked them if their visit was about "her chronic liar daughter." Majeres, police said, initially denied using the shock collar on his stepdaughter but then said he might have accidentally zapped her. According to the complaint, Majeres eventually told police he used the collar to "calm down" his stepdaughter.

More at link above.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
http://abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCenter/story?id=1209672&page=1

His arrest came after an employee at the girl's elementary school noticed marks on the girl's thigh and contacted police and social services.

The girl, investigators say, told them that her stepfather said she was lucky he did not set the collar to "6," a level he uses for the dog, and that he threatened to shoot her pet rabbit while she was at school because she does not take care of it.

Mom Calls Daughter a 'Chronic Liar'

First paragraph: I'm shocked the school caught this. My hunch: the abuse has been going on for a very long time and they've only just caught the bastards leaving marks.

Second: Typical. So typical. I hate people so much. I really f***ing hate people. Seriously.

QUOTE(mreye @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)
The mother is worse than the step-dad, IMO. This just makes me f***ing sick.

Step 1. Take the kid(s) away.

Step 2. Toss these scumbags in jail for a nice long time.

People who harm children are the lowest form of life on earth.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
Step 1.  Take the kid(s) away.

Step 2.  Toss these scumbags in jail for a nice long time.

There's another of those places where Nuke and I find ourselves in complete agreement.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)

Sadly, they didn't kill the kid so they'll be out in 18 or so months. What they should do to ANYONE that commits a crime against a child is "fix" them so they can no longer reproduce, and place their children in NO INFORMATION foster/adoptive homes. Give the kids a shot at a normal life. Break the cycle.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
Sadly, they didn't kill the kid so they'll be out in 18 or so months. What they should do to ANYONE that commits a crime against a child is "fix" them so they can no longer reproduce, and place their children in NO INFORMATION foster/adoptive homes. Give the kids a shot at a normal life. Break the cycle.

Of course, the counterpoint to this is the question...how do you know that their time in prison won't rehabilitate them, to the point where they could actually build a normal life for a kid?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
Of course, the counterpoint to this is the question...how do you know that their time in prison won't rehabilitate them, to the point where they could actually build a normal life for a kid?

Would you want to risk a childs future on something that tenuous?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)

Who's going to rehabilitate the kid's life? They don't get a second chance at a childhood.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)

Too bad, so sad, for them. They had their chance BEFORE they abused. IMO, you don't get a second chance to eff up where children are concerned.

And children don't forget... forever she will live with fear because of what these who assholes did to her.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 03:14 PM)
I blame George W Bush... he invented shock collars

Cut off their thumbs, Vegas style

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)

Damn Nuke, we agree again. Pretty soon we'll be picking out china patterns together :D

The mom has some serious problems. She basically picked the new loser step dad over her daughter. BTW, no way she isn't getting abused herself. I would be soooooo shocked, to learn that asshole guy isn't abusing mom as well.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
Cut off their thumbs, Vegas style

Damn Nuke, we agree again. Pretty soon we'll be picking out china patterns together  :D

The mom has some serious problems. She basically picked the new loser step dad over her daughter.  BTW, no way she isn't getting abused herself. I would be soooooo shocked, to learn that asshole guy isn't abusing mom as well.

I see it as a very distinct possiblity she isn't being abused.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 09:57 PM)
I see it as a very distinct possiblity she isn't being abused.

Really? So they both are just abusing the kid? I thought in most of these cases, especially when the bio-mom allows the step dad to abuse, the mom is also a victim of abuse.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:02 AM)
Really? So they both are just abusing the kid? I thought in most of these cases, especially when the bio-mom allows the step dad to abuse, the mom is also a victim of abuse.

I guess you give parents more credit than me. :D