Huston Street & Ryan Howard ROY

CSF

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)
Chacin

Iguchi

Street

Gomes

A lot of splitting hairs here. The Yankees were lifeless when Cano and Wang came up. They were a B-12 shot for that team. Not saying he's the ROY but he is certainly in the conversation. Big Sepetember too in money time

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 9, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
Cano is the guy on that list that I think has the most upside.  Well him and Houston Street (he's gonna be a quality closer for a long time). 

Cano is a pretty good player, just look at his stats.

When I was looking at Cano's stats a few weeks back, he was terrible at Yankee Stadium, but absolute money on the road. If I'm Minny, if New York wants Torii Hunter, I want Robinson Cano back. Frees up money for them to acquire a Jim Thome as well, if that's the path they want to take.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
When I was looking at Cano's stats a few weeks back, he was terrible at Yankee Stadium, but absolute money on the road. If I'm Minny, if New York wants Torii Hunter, I want Robinson Cano back. Frees up money for them to acquire a Jim Thome as well, if that's the path they want to take.

Cano for hunter?!?!?! No one ever thought of that idea before... :P

Had Francouer played the entire year in the majors, he would have won it quite easily.

Full season his numbers project to around .300, 30 HR and 105 RBI or so.

IMO he'll be a much better player than Ryan Howard.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Nov 9, 2005 -> 05:24 AM)
Had Francouer played the entire year in the majors, he would have won it quite easily.

I disagree... I think pitchers are going to solve Francouer this season and since he doesnt take many walks its going to really hurt him...

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Nov 9, 2005 -> 12:24 AM)

He better learn to take a walk, then. I think he had two walks the whole time in the majors, and one of those was intentional.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)

I disagree as well, Howard is going to be a flat out stud.

Francouer will in the long run be a better all around player, imo. That said, he's going to have some growing pains next year. He's still too raw at the plate and will have to improve his strike zone judgement and his approach at the plate.

That said, he'll still end up having solid numbers, just nowhere like he had this past year (when you project them over a full season). In a few years, I suspect he'll be an all star. Great arm, fluid body, very live bat.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:57 AM)
Name 4 more deserving rookies in the AL please.

Street

Gomes

Iguchi

Blanton

Chacin

Thats 5, is that ok? And yea, thats my top 5 in order.

Also, the rookie of the year is the rookie who had the best numbers, not the rookies who did the most for their team. And even if you claim that it is the rookie who did the most for their team, Iguchi was far more important on the Sox, while also having better numbers than Cano put up.