Bears impending QB "controversy"?

When Grossman is back at 100 percent healthwise, who should start at QB?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. When Grossman is back at 100 percent healthwise, who should start at QB?

• Kyle Orton
    • Rex Grossman
    • Jeff Blake is better than both of them
    • Moses Moreno

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the people who are saying that the Bears haven't won because of Orton they are right but they haven't won inspite of him either. They have won with him. Look at Big Ben last year. The Steelers didn't win because of him they won with him. THey won because they had a great run game and all he had to was manage the game and not make stupid mistakes. That is exactly what Orton is doing now.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
that was Peterson's fault.  He ran into Orton.

I actually dont fault either player in this situation. Orton was dropping back and didnt see the blindside hit coming, peterson saw it and tried to take a tight angle to knock off the defender. It happened so quick that Peterson nailed the ball with his helmet. the fumble was really caused by the defenders presence more than it was by Peterson and Orton. Peterson was just trying to protect his QB and Orton was just dropping back.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
You're not supposed to lose your starting job to an injury.

However, what is it now, like 3 injuries in 3 years or something like that for Grossman?

This team should stick with what's gotten it to 5-3 until it stops working.

Heck it is hard to call a guy with 6 starts in 3 years "the starter".

QUOTE(BMac41 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:43 PM)
He hasn't had any luck.They've been freak injuries.I want to see him play.

So you want to break up any sort of continuity the Bears have been developing with Orton at QB, just to see Grossman play? Anyone can admit that Orton has not played at a high level this season, but those very same people need to realize that A) the bears havent had a 4 game winning streak since 2001, and B) You dont fix it if it aint broke.

The Bears cannot jump ship on Orton for any other reason than injury this year(knock on all available wood). This would send a bad message not only to Orton, but I think to his team. Grossman would be starting from square one again, and Orton already has 2 more NFL starts and experience than Grossman right now. If Grossman wants his shot, he is going to have to take it from orton next year, IMO.

Orton has the lowest QB rating among starting QB's...... how is he helping us win? Some of you Orton lovers need to lay off the kool aid. Give Grossman a chance to start if he gets injured Orton can come right back in.... and I think maybe sitting our a few games could help him anyway....

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 05:40 PM)
All he had to was manage the game and not make stupid mistakes.  That is exactly what Orton is doing now.

Was that supposed to be in green?

He should have thrown like 3 or 4 interceptions agains the Lions in Week 8. Henry Burris could have made better throws than he did against the Saints this past weekend. Kyle needs to grab some bench for a few years.

Grossman is a no-brainer. It ought to be unanimous.

And I think a lot of that has to do with the easy schedule the Bears have had. Once you start playing teams like Carolina etc. if Orton struggles against those teams, then the Grossman calls will probably start coming. It's a tough situation though.

I heard the same excuses with Krenzel last year, because he won 3 in a row, then you guys played us, and he was terrible. Of course only having 1 good weapon to throw to doesn't help much.

Knew this would happen.

Krenzel and Orton are completely different situation wise. Krenzel was horrible, Orton has been tolerable.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)
16 votes for Orton.  :lol:

Hey, if you voted for him, send me a PM and let me know where you get your drugs at.

I dont know how much of these people are die-hard Bears fans and the NFL in general.... but I do know that people I talk to.... the more casual fan usually likes Orton while the diehard one and the one who likes all football in general rather have Grossman in there.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
Let me say this again.

If youve watched college football AT ALL, youd know taht Ortons arm is 10X better than Rex's

If you mean by having a cannon... yes Orton has a stronger arm... but if you mean throwing the long ball... Grossman is much better at that.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
I dont know how much of these people are die-hard Bears fans and the NFL in general.... but I do know that people I talk to.... the more casual fan usually likes Orton while the diehard one and the one who likes all football in general rather have Grossman in there.

im diehard and Orton is better. Grossman will just have to try not to get injured while on the bench.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 05:33 PM)
If orton is better than grossman they both suck balls.

here are some stats for all the Grossman lovers: they are the stats from their respective careers so far

QB Rating:

Grossman- 71.2

Orton- 62.9

Pass Comp %:

Orton: 54.2

Grossman: 54.5

TDS:

Orton- 7

Grossman- 3

YDS:

Orton- 1186

Grossman- 1044

Besides the QB Rating which will get better with time How the f*** Is Grossman so much better than Orton

Edited by White Sox Josh

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 11:47 PM)
here are some stats for all the Grossman lovers: they are the stats from their respective careers so far

QB Rating:

Grossman- 71.2

Orton- 62.9

Pass Comp %:

Orton: 54.2

Grossman: 54.5

TDS:

Orton- 7

Grossman- 3

YDS:

Orton- 1186

Grossman- 1044

Besides the QB Rating which will get better with time How the f*** Is Grossman so much better than Orton

Ok now take into account that Orton has had better recievers, O-Line, and an actual top running game..... and than consider in what 5 complete games of Grossman compared to 8 of Orton.... and Orton has only 100 more yards in 3 more games?

Not 2 mention right now we have the best defense we have had for awhile giving Orton constantly good field position.....