Why the Bears should take a shot at T.O.

I think the Bears should try and sign him

to my knowledge we have plenty of money to spend(I could be wrong)

we have just lost Mark Bradley for the year, and we can draw a double team off of Muhsin Muhammed which could greatly help a young quarterback in Kyle Orton

I say he's worth the risk

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 08:26 PM)
I could be wrong here, but my reasoning is if the guy gets kicked off a team once, it won't happen again

He wanted out of San Fran, and got out...even after his agent f***ed the papers up and he had to be traded out.

He didn't want to play in Baltimore, so he got retraded.

He thought Donovan sucked even though Donovan is playing through a hella injury right now, so he basically punched his own ticket out of Philly.

I count 3 times he was removed from teams.

That's not enough evidence for you?

The guy is a worse cancer than Moss. I don't want him anywhere near any team I'm running right now, period.

I'd rather be optimistic and say that his agent will make him clean up his act

and if he won't then his careers over

Do you really think he is listening to his agent now? Do you think his agent is telling him to act like this? The guy is borderline retarded. He signed a contract and now wants them to give him more money. TO will never change.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
It would really help Orton, and if we want to do better than lose in the division series of the playoffs I think its a risk worth taking

That brings up a good point, would TO even consider playing with a rookie qb?

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
Do you really think he is listening to his agent now?  Do you think his agent is telling him to act like this?  The guy is borderline retarded.  He signed a contract and now wants them to give him more money.  TO will never change.

his agent wanted him to make more money. His agent is the Scott Boras of football. His agent was behind the hold out in camp.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
I think he would be smart enough to realize that he would make Orton better.

I'm pretty sure he can't catch all of those passes that he overthrows and just plain misses.

Well, then, why the hell isn't he smart enough to shut the damn mouth?

Edited by Heads22

alright I guess I'm the only one who thinks how great it would be if we got him to change his ways, even if it's just for one season

It would really help Orton, and if we want to do better than lose in the division series of the playoffs I think its a risk worth taking

Orton has yet to show that he can throw an accurate deep ball. How long do you think it would be before TO was ripping Orton to the media?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
I'm pretty sure he can't catch all of those passes that he overthrows and just plain misses.

Haha, unless TO can jump 30M in the air I suppose.

And do the Bears have a passing offense which TO would want? No. He'd start complaining if he wasn't getting the majority of the balls thrown his way.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)

With two receiver threats orton wouldn't have to be so touchy on his throws, so maybe the accuracy would improve

also the control issue that T.O. had with Mcnabb wouldn't be an issue with Orton