Why the Bears should take a shot at T.O.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
TO TD/gm - Moss TD/gm = 0.11029412 which is approximately 1/10.  :bang

Which equates to 144 yards and 1.6 TD's.

I suppose if you want the guy with worse numbers you can have him?

Maybe I will go into TO's much better reception totals?

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:38 AM)
Moss was really putting up better numbers than TO this year too, just to prove that you're right.  :rolly

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
Uuuum, what have we heard from Moss AT ALL this season off the field? Nada. And you can't say one is better because his team is better. Uuum, look at what Moss has compared to TO. Yeah. I mean stat wise, Moss is only tops in the league in yards per catch at 20.8! And receptions/rec. yards can't be factored in because the Eagles are a pass team and the Raiders are developing a run game with LaMont Jordan. BTW, Moss has more support in his WR group. I mean all they have is Jerry Porter, Randy Moss, and Doug Gabriel to spread the ball out to. Not to mention a developing young star TE in Courtney Anderson. Eagles pass to To and Westbrook...thats it. Oakland spreads the ball around more. Moss > TO. Sorry.

EDIT: No point in fighting. Agree to disagree and thats it.

Question for Soxfan1, if Moss is so good, and the Raiders are developing a running game, why do Jordan and Porter have almost 40 receptions each, and Moss only 26. Yeah Moss has had a hamstring injury, but he hasn't done much in Oakland so far.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
Uuuum, that isn't much of a difference at all. Take out Moss' worst game and TO's best game and compare. Need I go into the receivers each has played with since 2000 as well?

LOL. You are getting desperate.

Uuuum, that isn't much of a difference at all. Take out Moss' worst game and TO's best game and compare. Need I go into the receivers each has played with since 2000 as well?

Why should he have to do that? Those bad games and good games actually happened. You don't just pick and choose stats like that. :rolly

When a running back averages 3.0 yards per carry and then makes a huge run to up his average, do you subtract that long run? No, because that's stupid.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:43 AM)
Question for Soxfan1, if Moss is so good, and the Raiders are developing a running game, why do Jordan and Porter have almost 40 receptions each, and Moss only 26. Yeah Moss has had a hamstring injury, but he hasn't done much in Oakland so far.

I challenge anyone in the best condition to try to play any sport, let alone football, with a hamstring injury. They dont go away. Now, I am not saying that his injury has caused lack of production but it sure as hell helps.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)

Go for it.

Since they have both played with such mediocre WR's since 2000.

They both played with legends in the twilight of their career then Moss played with D'Wayne Bates and Nate Burelson while T.O. played with JJ Stokes and Todd Pinkston.

If you feel that changed their numbers then go ahead and believe that.

Edited by WHarris1

I challenge anyone in the best condition to try to play any sport, let alone football, with a hamstring injury. They dont go away. Now, I am not saying that his injury has caused lack of production but it sure as hell helps.

I challenge you to explain why you are right about this and we are all wrong, even when the stats show that TO is more productive than Moss. :lol:

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
I challenge you to explain why you are right about this and we are all wrong, even when the stats show that TO is more productive than Moss.  :lol:

That is just how I feel. When I put it all together, I feel Moss is better than TO.

I also think the Bears should give T.O. a shot. He needs to rehab his image and I would suspect that he might be on his best behavior with the Bears to just prove that the Eagles were the "jerks" and not him. He is a big game breaker and the Bears could really use a player with that type of ability.

but then again, TO could end up being a complete disaster :P