Stern fans wondering why "best of" was on today

Steff

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,174850,00.html

Stern Taken Off Air After Promoting Move to Satellite

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

NEW YORK — Howard Stern got a one-day suspension Monday after heavily promoting his move to satellite radio.

"We expect him back on Wednesday," said Karen Mateo, a spokeswoman for Infinity Broadcasting, which carries Stern's syndicated show in more than 20 markets.

She wouldn't call Stern's absence a suspension and declined to comment further. Listeners will hear a compilation of Stern's best shows on Tuesday, she said.

But Stern's spokesman Matt Traub called it was a paid suspension.

"This is an act of desperation by men who are losing their once-in-a-lifetime franchise," Traub said Monday.

It was first reported on the Howard 100 channel carried by Sirius Satellite Radio, where the shock jock is moving his show next year. It said that Stern was suspended for talking too much about his impending move to satellite.

Stern announced his departure last year to Sirius, where he received a $500 million contract to begin in January 2006. Stern boasts an audience of about 12 million and revenues of about $100 million from his morning radio show. His last live radio show for Infinity is scheduled for Dec. 16.

Sirius spokesman Patrick Reilly declined to comment Monday.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 09:20 AM)
I had no idea there could possibly be something like a "Best Of Stern". That seems almost as impossible as a "Best Of Mancow".  :huh

You probably never listen to Stern, you just listen to the stereotypes.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)
Different strokes for different folks..

No need to be a hater Brian..  :P

Hey, I like Stern. Gets me through train rides downtown. I think he gets a bad rap sometimes. Sure he does risque segments but he also does good interviews and entertaining bits.

I do think his show will get watered down when he goes to Sirius.

I could also do without guys like Sal. He brings nothing to the show. Richard is close to that as well, IMO.

At first I was all gung ho to buy a Sirus radio for Stern, but now with Brandmeir back and Mike and Mike in the morning i'm not sure I want to spend money for radio.

If Adam Carolla's morning show was going to be in Chicago there is no way I would buy Sirus just for Stern... but we get Rover, not Carolla

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
I don't even know what "Bob and Tom" is...  :unsure:

They are the morning show for Q95 FM out of Indy. They have been voted morning show of the year many times over their time on the air. They are in syndication around the country, but never could catch on the in Chicago market in the couple of times they tried it. Here is their website, I think they stream their show on line, try giving them a listen.

http://www.bobandtom.com/gen3/index.htm

I wish that Mancow would just vanish or move to satellite. Stern gets me through the mornings as well. But I just can't justify buying Sirius just for him. There's always his TV show. I was just a little kid in the 80's, so I don't remember Jonny B, too much. Guess there's never a better time than now to start listening.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)
I wish that Mancow would just vanish or move to satellite.  Stern gets me through the mornings as well.  But I just can't justify buying Sirius just for him.  There's always his TV show. I was just a little kid in the 80's, so I don't remember Jonny B, too much.  Guess there's never a better time than now to start listening.

It's gone. They stopped taping months ago and no new episodes have aired in at least a month. E!'s contract to air is it up, IIRC, in December.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:07 PM)
They are the morning show for Q95 FM out of Indy.  They have been voted morning show of the year many times over their time on the air.  They are in syndication around the country, but never could catch on the in Chicago market in the couple of times they tried it.  Here is their website, I think they stream their show on line, try giving them a listen.

http://www.bobandtom.com/gen3/index.htm

I heard some of their stuff a while back, and they didn't grab my attention.

I enjoyed Phil Hendrie while he was on CKG, and I liked some of Opie & Anthony's guests, most notably Brian Regan.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
I heard some of their stuff a while back, and they didn't grab my attention.

I enjoyed Phil Hendrie while he was on CKG, and I liked some of Opie & Anthony's guests, most notably Brian Regan.

The FCC asshats have hurt Bob and Tom more than anybody, including Stern. While Howard has used the crackdown as a rallying point, Bob and Tom just grumble and have to shelf 75% of their comedy music back catalog because they'll get fined if they play it.

The show is brilliant compared to anything else in that time slot, especially their producer Dean who is amazingly talanted. It makes even vintage Brandmeier seem really amateaurish. Tthey also know that the same five personalities are going to get boring to even the biggest fans after a while, so they have a rotating stable of guest comics that keep the show very fresh.

Here's one of the lost gems that the FCC won't let them play anymore. Done to the tune of the Beach Boys 'Kokomo'. . .

You're a beautiful girl

And your pants are on so tight

That when you stand just right

I can see it all

When you're on the beach

And your bikini's soaking wet

I see a fuzzy silhouette

As I look down below

I see your camel toe

Your biscuit, your beavage

I see your cooter cleavage

Your monkey, your muffin

You ain't hidin' nothin'

Your coochie, your flapper

You're showin' off your snapper

Your camel toe

It looks alright so baby let it show

Looks like a big taco

I see your camel toe

(Merci madame, voila le bearded clam)

I could really go

For a sideways sloppy joe

Or a tuna casserole

Baby don't you know

I never thought I'd see

So much of your anatomy

Your jeans are so tight

I'm learning gynecology

I see your camel toe

Your labia, your vulva

Ooh ya know i love ya

Your pudenda, vagina, nothin' could be finer.

It's furry, it's fluffy, lookin' kinda puffy.

Your camel toe

Looks like a big taco

I see your camel toe

(Merci madame, voila le bearded clam)

Your biscuit, your beavage

I see your cooter cleavage

Your monkey, your muffin

You ain't hidin' nothin'

Your coochie, your flapper

You're showin' off your snapper

Your camel toe

Looks like a big taco

I see your camel toe

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
The FCC asshats have hurt Bob and Tom more than anybody, including Stern.  While Howard has used the crackdown as a rallying point, Bob and Tom just grumble and have to shelf 75% of their comedy music back catalog because they'll get fined if they play it.

The show is brilliant compared to anything else in that time slot, especially their producer Dean who is amazingly talanted.  It makes even vintage Brandmeier seem really amateaurish.  Tthey also know that the same five personalities are going to get boring to even the biggest fans after a while, so they have a rotating stable of guest comics that keep the show very fresh.

Here's one of the lost gems that the FCC won't let them play anymore.  Done to the tune of the Beach Boys 'Kokomo'. . .

I LOVE the Mr Obvious show and the Love Brothers. I will have to admit that I have listen to B&T much in the last few years, and if the FCC is taking stuff off of the play list, the show could very well be suffering because of it. If that is true, it is a damned shame. :fight

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
I LOVE the Mr Obvious show and the Love Brothers.  I will have to admit that I have listen to B&T much in the last few years, and if the FCC is taking stuff off of the play list, the show could very well be suffering because of it.  If that is true, it is a damned shame. :fight

Yeah, I can pretty much guarantee you'll never be able to get you Dickens Cider any more.

There is a 2 CD Mr. Obvious compilation due out. When you get it, burn it for me. :D

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
I wish that Mancow would just vanish or move to satellite.  Stern gets me through the mornings as well.  But I just can't justify buying Sirius just for him.  There's always his TV show.  I was just a little kid in the 80's, so I don't remember Jonny B, too much.  Guess there's never a better time than now to start listening.

The tv show is gone, but he'll be coming, uncensored, to OnDemand...or InDemand...or whatever the f*** it is.

I look forward to uncensored Anal Ring Toss.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
I LOVE the Mr Obvious show and the Love Brothers.  I will have to admit that I have listen to B&T much in the last few years, and if the FCC is taking stuff off of the play list, the show could very well be suffering because of it.  If that is true, it is a damned shame. :fight

Its all because of Janet Jackson's tit and the religious right.

And quit hijacking the thread with Bob and Tom

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
Yeah, I can pretty much guarantee you'll never be able to get you Dickens Cider any more.

There is a 2 CD Mr. Obvious compilation due out.  When you get it, burn it for me.  :D

No hot Dickens Cider? :crying:

yeah just as soon as I get the Beatles CDs :P