Palmeiro Speaks

Balta1701

Rafael Palmeiro released a statement today today about his steroid conviction. He admitted that it was Stanolozol/Winstrol that was found in his system. HE tried to blame a vitamin shot he took in the spring. Previously, he has blamed his test on a vitamin B-12 shot he got from Tejada. Tejada has denied that accusation.

Rafael Palmeiro gave his first public explanation of his failed drug test Wednesday, on the eve of a congressional report on whether the former Baltimore Orioles slugger lied under oath when he denied using steroids.

In a statement released by his lawyer, Palmeiro acknowledged several facts of his case that already had been reported, including that the anabolic steroid stanozolol was found in his system in May, and that he had raised the possibility that a shot of vitamin B12 he took in April "might have been the cause."

"I have never intentionally taken steroids," Palmeiro said in the statement.

I still don't believe a word he says.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 9, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
Rafael Palmeiro released a statement today today about his steroid conviction.  He admitted that it was Stanolozol/Winstrol that was found in his system.  HE tried to blame a vitamin shot he took in the spring.  Previously, he has blamed his test on a vitamin B-12 shot he got from Tejada.  Tejada has denied that accusation.

I still don't believe a word he says.

^^^^

Just STFU Palmeiro. Does anyone get ESPN Mag? I love the picture in the back, of the magazine with the Kobe/Phil cover.

In all likelyhood, the first player with 500 career homers to not be in the Hall; the first player with 3000 career hits not in the Hall; first player with 540 doubles not to be in the hall(except Pete Rose)(those that are not of eligibility yet - Biggio, Ripken, Bonds, and Gwynn - are all HOFers in my book)

If he's signed by any team, I'm gonna be disappointed.

Why dont guys learn its much better to admit to it. Giambi admitted to it and the media was never on his case and while being booed it was nothing like what Palmiero got. And than Lawton admitted to it and nothing really has been said against him. And he is one of the biggest players to be caught under the new policy.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 01:24 AM)
Why dont guys learn its much better to admit to it.  Giambi admitted to it and the media was never on his case and while being booed it was nothing like what Palmiero got.  And than Lawton admitted to it and nothing really has been said against him.  And he is one of the biggest players to be caught under the new policy.

Because he has lied and lied and lied before finally admitting.

Lawton was very open about it and never tried to cover it up. He didn't lie to Congress.

Palmeiro's a joke.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 07:56 AM)
Because he has lied and lied and lied before finally admitting.

Lawton was very open about it and never tried to cover it up.  He didn't lie to Congress.

Palmeiro's a joke.

He is still trying to avoid blame though is my point.... just come out and say I f***ed up... I think sometimes guys might do something by accident which is while im against the 2 year ban for 1st time offense but Palmiero has been in the league long enough that he definitely knew what he was doing.

Alot of hardcore bodybuilders who juice use winny as a pct (post cycle therapy). In other words, they use a stronger steroid first, then use winny after that to slowly back down and keep their gains. Anything's a possibilty because you know he wouldn't admit it. As the immortal Will Ferrell once said, "I wish you weren't such a liar!"