Want some free music??? And legal???

Kid Gleason

Download my stuff! I'm making this available for a bit of time. Here is the info on it I wrote on another site to explain it all:

Background:

Fear And Loathing was my last proper band. I got booted out for musical differences. They chose to go in more of a "Deep Purple" direction. If you want to know my roles on every song, I'll let you know. I did most all of the guitar, except the acoustic in the second guitar, and most of the solos. I laid the tracks, and then the other guy put his solo's on. In retrospect, that was a bad idea since he REALLY sucked.

The Carl I. stuff was the last stuff I got a chance to work on with somebody. I wrote the tunes, took them to the drummers house, showed him the tunes, he learned them and we recorded them in the span of two hours. I then went home and put in the second guitar and wrote the lyrics. I still want to get into a proper studio with this stuff, as IMO it is by far my best. The energy is everyting I always wanted from all of the other bands, but never got.

Oh, and for people that say my vocal style is basically a "talking" type of thing, if you want to know what my speaking voice is like, I'm the "deep" voice in the song "Too Much Love", and then the rest of it is me. So you can see, what you hear the majority of the time is far from my normal "range" in talking.

Heck...Fear And Loathing demo:

1. Too Much Love - Lead vocals and all guitar except solo (written by me)

2. Seasons Of Bliss - Electric is me

3. Suicide Note - Backing vocals, all guitar (wrote the music, could never find words, which is why I don't sing it, I refused to sing songs I didn't write the words for...and the "tongue roll" is me also...LOL)

4. World, You & I - All guitars, lead vocals (written by me, final verse into last chorus are the best vocals I have ever done. Written for my grandfather who had just passed away.)

5. Length Of Nations - Lead vocals, all guitars except for the out of key solo in the end. (written by me)

If I ever get my other band Misty Beethoven do MP3 I'll move them here also. Much more love for Misty than I have for F&L.

http://zombiezilla.multiply.com/

There is a limit to how many people can download it, so I am not too sure how many are allowed at it.

Edited by Kid Gleason

Wow! Cool beanz. I'm going to start downloading now. :cheers

Coincidentally, a friend from way back just sent me a mp3 out of the blue of something I had done like 10 years ago and have hardly played since. It seems to be a third of an octave higher than I recall doing it, even by my eternal boy soprano standards.

If I get brave I might post it for download, but be forewarned that you need to have a couple of statistics classes under your belt to understand the lyrics. And yes, it is a love song - just a very analytical one. :D

HA!!! Yeah, what a surprise that you would need something like statistics to understand something you would do.

I have a few "deep" tunes here, such as "Too Much Love", "Another Life", "World You and I", but then there is the stuff like "Suicide Note" and "Sun Still Shines" that might offend with their "ah f*** it" stylings. :D

Edited by Kid Gleason

Yeah, I never liked the other guys voice. :D We ended up not being the best of friends. The drummer on that stuff though is still one of my closest friends. He's a HUGE Sox fan also, but not as much as his wife is though. The F&L stuff is just O.K. in my opinion. It suffered in certain areas, and I knew it at the time.

The other stuff, the "Pieces Of Time" recordings were done as just rough recordings to help me finish writing the songs. The drummer bailed on me after that day (even though I work with him, live right next door to him, and he is one of my best friends), and hasn't played drums since then. I've been trying to find someway of finishing my stuff and getting to a studio since then. I have even taken the drastic measures of putting a drum machine and recording programs on this computer here.

But that stuff, those 4 songs, they so far are my true pride and joys. I feel that is the best I have been yet, crappy recordings, poor vocals and all. They show the most promise, IMO.

I changed things up a bit now, and created a Multiply site for my stuff. Anybody wants it, go get it!!!

There is another song there that was not in the .zip file I posted here.

Kid Gleasons Multiply Site with FREE MUSIC!!!

***WARNING!!! The illusion might be shattered as you will find out my real name there!!!*** :D

Well, as the biggest ( only?? :D ) documented fan of The Kid in ALL his musical incarnations, I would go on far too long gushing about how good I think this stuff is.

Suffice to say, I likey mucho!

Especially the stuff with the kid - it's about time you got a PROPER vocalist!!!!

Awesome as always, Kid!!!

:headbang :snr :headbang

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
I changed things up a bit now, and created a Multiply site for my stuff. Anybody wants it, go get it!!!

There is another song there that was not in the .zip file I posted here.

Kid Gleasons Multiply Site with FREE MUSIC!!!

***WARNING!!! The illusion might be shattered as you will find out my real name there!!!*** :D

The Multiplier Site is cool, I'll have to figure out how to do that and put up some tracks.

And I like that track with youur little girl. She can hit a note better than my little girl can, but hopefully she grows out of it and didn't really inherit her Mom's tin ear. :o

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 10:04 AM)
Well, as the biggest ( only?? :D ) documented fan of The Kid in ALL his musical incarnations, I would go on far too long gushing about how good I think this stuff is.

Suffice to say, I likey mucho!

Especially the stuff with the kid - it's about time you got a PROPER vocalist!!!!

Awesome as always, Kid!!!

:headbang  :snr  :headbang

Thanks man. There'll be more going up soon. I really like this Multiply site, it's easy to use and not as nasty looking as My Space. Yes, you are one of only a few "fans" of my music. I think I have 4, including you and my kid. :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
The Multiplier Site is cool, I'll have to figure out how to do that and put up some tracks.

And I like that track with youur little girl.  She can hit a note better than my little girl can, but hopefully she grows out of it and didn't really inherit her Mom's tin ear.  :o

Just sign up for a site, it's free, and walk around on it and you will figure it all out. It's REALLY easy. I've done this thing in about 1/2 hour today.

For anybody playing along at home, there are now pictures on the site for you to do with as you please. I guess I am just a glutton for 'net punishment and am fully expecting to find myself in a compromising position with Tony Danza in a finely photoshopped picture one of these days.