Ozzie wants a new #2 hitter

beck72

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 09:28 AM)
What about the two months this season where Konerko royally sucked?  Look at his numbers in April and May.  They were god awful.  Also, what happened in 2003?

People want to pay him 14 million?

For a guy who hasn't sniffed .300 since 2002?

I mean look at it, Crede came up just as big as Konerko during the playoffs.

You know my feelings on Konerko... :ph34r: so I can not comment.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 10:31 AM)
Hm.. maybe I should offer Joe some lessons.  :lol:

Hey, anyone who can go yard off Escobar in a tough spot like that and then got it started off Oswalt in the Series I am going to defend.

There is no way we can trade this guy unless Boras is completely outrageous in his demands.

I thought Pierre seemed like a guy Ozzie would want about two weeks ago, and this quote just makes me believe that even more.

Imagine that type of speed at the top of the order...wow.

And there's no way that Borchard is on this team next year. Teams that win the World Series don't have ***** of ****, bust prospects on their team the next year.

Made sure to clean that up before :D

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 10:33 AM)
Hey, anyone who can go yard off Escobar in a tough spot like that and then got it started off Oswalt in the Series I am going to defend.

There is no way we can trade this guy unless Boras is completely outrageous in his demands.

I certainly think Joe is more important than Kong.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 09:33 AM)

Absolutely positively agree 100%.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 09:33 AM)

It's a good thing that has never happened. I feel safe that we can keep Crede now.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
Good thought, but I'd be afraid we'd be seriously downgrading on defense.  Uribe is foreign to 3B so he'd struggle at least a little, so 3B loses some D.  Crede is a great defender but is also foreign to 1B, so while he'll increase the range there, I'd be he'll make quite a few more errors.  And then you get a mystery guy at SS, where Uribe is one of the better defenders in the league.  Downgrades defensively all around.

In 2004 Uribe played some 3rd and did a real good job. He definately has the arm and the no fear aspect. I figure the mystery guy is Gonzales or Furcal which either of them are on par with Uribe to say the least.

A lot of 3rd base prospects/vets make the move to 1st without too much of a learning curve. The main issue is working with the footwork over at 1st base.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 09:52 AM)
Just out of curiousity, who's Uribe's agent?  I thought I heard it was Boras too.

His agent is Martin Arburua.

He had Scott Boras but fired him before the season, then proceeded to sign a new contract with the Sox.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
For the second time.. I agree. But the $$ Boras is going to want for him.. I don't think 6 weeks of production is worth it.

Joe's offensive numbers don't warrant the kind of huge contract Boras will likely ask for. Yet he has to find a team willing to pay Joe for basically his glove. The big spending teams with the deep pockets will want more offense than Joe has shown so far. Now, if Joe has an entire yr like his playoffs.... then he could be out of the sox price range.

IMO, he's much more valuable to the Sox and they'll be the team that will give him one of the best contracts he could hope for.

The sox could try and give him an Aaron and Uribe type deal--less cash than he'd get on the open market, but it's a sure thing. In the end, Boras works for Joe. Getting the guaranteed cash now, before he blows out his back in his walk yr, might be on his mind.

QUOTE(BMac41 @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
Kenny Lofton is an old piece of s***.The guy sucks now.He's a waste to have on the team.

There were numerous reports that said Lofton didn't like playing for the White Sox because he was a Cubs fan. I highly doubt KW would ever consider bringing him back.

Two things:

- Ozzie knew Pierre when he was with the Marlins. In my mind, Ozzie and KW would jump at the chance to trade Rowand and a prospect for Pierre.

- Furcal wants a 5 yr deal. If we're not going to give PK a 5 year deal, we're not going to give it to Furcal. I'll still be STUNNED if he doesn't sign with the Cubs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 10:04 AM)
There were numerous reports that said Lofton didn't like playing for the White Sox because he was a Cubs fan.  I highly doubt KW would ever consider bringing him back.

Good grief... Mark is a Cardinals fan.. guess he shouldn't be allowed to play for us anymore either.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
Good grief... Mark is a Cardinals fan.. guess he shouldn't be allowed to play for us anymore either.

Well, you never hear stories about how Buehrle doesn't feel right playing for the Sox because he's a Cardinals fan. These are the exact type of stories that were said about Lofton after the season in which he played for the White Sox.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 10:15 AM)
Well, you never hear stories about how Buehrle doesn't feel right playing for the Sox because he's a Cardinals fan.  These are the exact type of stories that were said about Lofton after the season in which he played for the White Sox.

Link... ? Cause for some crazy reason.. I've never heard this and I've been following Kenny's career since Cleveland.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
Link... ? Cause for some crazy reason.. I've never heard this and I've been following Kenny's career since Cleveland.

Reported by two different radio stations during the following offseason. Is it accurate? Who knows. The people saying it sure seemed like they had inside information. But in all honesty, a lot of people on here, including you and myself, receive inside information from different sources. A lot of the time, it ends up being false. However, it doesn't mean that the posters should get ripped on for sharing the information that they've been told/heard. These aren't the type of rumors like "I was walking in the airport, and overheard KW on the phone, etc.". :)

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)
Reported by two different radio stations during the following offseason.  Is it accurate?  Who knows.  The people saying it sure seemed like they had inside information.  But in all honesty, a lot of people on here, including you and myself, receive inside information from different sources.  A lot of the time, it ends up being false.  However, it doesn't mean that the posters should get ripped on for sharing the information that they've been told/heard.  These aren't the type of rumors like "I was walking in the airport, and overheard KW on the phone, etc.".  :)

I'm not ripping you, I am asking you for some sort of source, that IMO would be there if such comments were made - just like Mark's have been well documented. I've followed Kenny's career closely - due to his friendship with someone I am close to - and I've never heard such a thing.

Not that it matters. If Kenny could help the team, he'd be here. It would be stupid to think otherwise.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't Juan Uribe's agent Scott Boras? Or wasn't it Scott Boras when we signed him to that new contract? I'm pretty sure I read it in a Sun-Times Article last year.

Boras can be dealt with, I'm sure Kenny knows this, if the price is outrageous then I have no problem moving Crede.

CWSOX45

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)
I'm not ripping you, I am asking you for some sort of source, that IMO would be there if such comments were made - just like Mark's have been well documented. I've followed Kenny's career closely - due to his friendship with someone I am close to - and I've never heard such a thing.

Not that it matters. If Kenny could help the team, he'd be here. It would be stupid to think otherwise.

Name dropper...and I once was friends with a girl, who slept with Chris Crawford, from the Marquette Men's basketball team, who looks a lot like Paul Konerko. True story.