House for sale... wife included.

Steff

http://www.wral.com/family/5230888/detail.html

Woman Puts Her House, Herself For Sale

UPDATED: 12:29 pm EST November 3, 2005

DENVER -- Deborah Hale is selling her $600,000 brick bungalow on eBay. The home was built in 1910, has three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a tanning bed and a hot tub. Furnishings include a big screen TV, lawn tools and a lawn mower.

To sweeten the deal, Hale is including herself in the sale, Denver television station KMGH reported.

The 48-year-old Albuquerque woman, who runs her own wholesale jewelry business, said the offer for a bride is non-binding, which means that neither party is obligated to complete the transaction.

Hale said her online auction is just one way for her to meet new and interesting people. Having been married once before, Hale said women her age have to try harder to meet men and she's hoping the exposure will allow her to possibly meet the man of her dreams.

"Ideally, I would like for him to be between the ages of 40 and 60. I would like for him to be intelligent. I really love intelligent men. A man who could cook would be wonderful because I am not a great cook," Hale said.

Hale also wants Mr. Right to be adventurous, kind, physically fit and generous. He has to have a professional career, should love to travel and children from a previous relationship are welcome, she said.

As for the wife that goes with the house, Hale is Norwegian, college-educated, 5 feet 4 inches tall, 110 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes. On her Web site, she describes herself as a nonsmoking daughter of a minister who loves trying new things like scuba diving and skydiving.

She said she tried online dating but it was too time-consuming, so she turned to the online auction idea.

Hale currently lives in New Mexico, but she bought the Denver home because she was looking to get away from the stress of her work life. She said she spent a year remodeling the 1,847-square foot home and thinks what would truly complete it is a happy couple living in it.

Bidding for the house will end on Valentine's Day 2006. Hale has hired a Los Angeles public relations firm to help her sort through the applicants.

To learn more about the house, or Hale, go to HousewithBride.com.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
I was going to try that myself, but both the house and I had to be listed as "fixer-uppers".

They WANTED me to list myself as a "Handyman's Special", but I told them Homey Don't PLAY THAT!

That was before the insurance company came in and declared you a total loss

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
I tried to convince them that there was some value to my HUGE backyard, but they were unconvinced.....

But with the odor eminating from it, they suspected an unauthorized landfill was operating there, and called in OSHA to check it as a Superfund site.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 12:07 PM)
But with the odor eminating from it, they suspected an unauthorized landfill was operating there, and called in OSHA to check it as a Superfund site.

I tried to work on that odor, but after that much time passes it just kind of seeps into the entire property....

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
Is there a pic available of this woman?

I saw this story on one of the news shows and she isn't that good looking and was very annoying to listen to. At least for me, and I think she probably has about 20 yrs or so on you.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
But can you get in through both the front and rear entrance?

( Attempting to divert from mockery of my physique/hygiene to stupid, childish double-entendres  :pray  :lol:  )

When she was on TV talking about it, she did mention that there was some remodeling done and the carpet doesn't match the drapes anymore. She also said that even though the plumbing was getting old, it still worked fine for the most part. :P