NAMBLA Man of the Year

Texsox

:puke

87-Year-Old Accused Of Sex With Boy

POSTED: 1:07 pm EST November 10, 2005

UPDATED: 4:15 pm EST November 10, 2005

An 87-year-old retired teacher in Merritt Island, Fla., was charged Thursday on suspicion of having sex with a 16-year-old boy he met at an apartment complex, according to a Brevard County Sheriff's Office release.

Investigators believe Arthur Forbes befriended the teen after he met the him at an apartment complex located off North Courtenay Parkway in Merritt Island.

Forbes then allegedly asked the teen to go back to his apartment, where he engaged in sexual activity with the 16-year-old.

The report said sexual activity happened on three separate occasions.

Forbes has been charged with four counts of unlawful sexual activity with a minor.

He was transported to the Brevard County Jail complex.

If the 16-year old were a female, this thread would already have 900 views, y’all would be shouting for pictures, and most posters would be high-fiving the old fart.

Not that you have to be consistent, though. I just wanted to point out the obvious.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
If the 16-year old were a female, this thread would already have 900 views, y’all would be shouting for pictures, and most posters would be high-fiving the old fart.

Not that you have to be consistent, though.  I just wanted to point out the obvious.

Then, we'd eat a baby.

Thanks for telling us what we'd do.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)

Not that you have to be consistent, though.  I just wanted to point out the obvious.

And then you would come in and make a snide comment putting yourself above everyone else who had commented so far... oops.

And then you would come in and make a snide comment putting yourself above everyone else who had commented so far...  oops.

Don’t you think you’re over-reacting to a light-hearted observation?

And putting my hyperbole aside (if you can), are you saying you disagree with the gist of my response? Be honest, now.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
Don’t you think you’re over-reacting to a light-hearted observation?

And putting my hyperbole aside (if you can), are you saying you disagree with the gist of my response?  Be honest, now.

I was just pointing out the obvious, just to be consistant.

I agree that Mercy is getting piled on here.

In general there is a double standard about teen sexual activity for men and women, and his comments were based on that modern day reality.

Also, the comment is less inflammatory to me at least because in this story the kid is not 10 or 12, he is 16. Even back in the caveman days when a lot of us were growing up ( :D ), it was not strikingly unusual for 16 year olds to be sexually active or on the cusp of sexual activity.

Don't get me wrong. The 87 year old guy and the 16 year old is really really vile. But there has to be at least some level of consent on the part of the kid who is almost an adult. That would clearly not be the case if the boy were younger.

OK, back to poster bashing. :fight

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)

If it were an 18 year old female then you might be right. Hell, Hugh Hefner already does that.

16 is still a little young not to mention illegal...

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)

Mercy!, I'm going to call a b.s. here, you got that one wrong.

In the years I've been here, we've been pretty consistent in disgust towards child abuse. Now if the girl was 21, then a high five would be in order for her getting an old man that excited. No need for pictures.

And it isn't that we universally are against same gender sex. I believe most were positive about the Carolina cheerleaders in the restroom.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
You telling me this kid got raped by an 87 year old man? If he didn't want to have sex witht he 87 year old guy i think he could have gotten away rather easily... no?

Adults can manipulate kids.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
You telling me this kid got raped by an 87 year old man? If he didn't want to have sex witht he 87 year old guy i think he could have gotten away rather easily... no?

Agreed. Like I said, there had to be a degree of consent, unless the kid is mentally challanged or something.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
Adults can manipulate kids.

With what? Suckers and balloon animals? Come on... if he didn't want to have sex with someone 70 years older than him and of the same sex ( assuming he is not gay) he could have said fish you and leave.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
With what? Suckers and balloon animals? Come on... if he didn't want to have sex with someone 70 years older than him and of the same sex ( assuming he is not gay) he could have said fish you and leave.

Drugs...? Alcohol..? :huh