Arrested Development gets the axe

southsider2k5

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)

Oh no! Not 7th Heaven and Kitchen Confidential! What am I going to do?!?!

I am not surprised about Arrested Development. Fox always cuts the TV shows that everyone loves. IIRC, it was a surprise when they got extended the first time.

Its ok though, I am sure a Cable Network out there will pick it up and keep it running for a while

Fox said Thursday that it will pull "Arrested Development" and "Kitchen Confidential" off the schedule for the remaining three Mondays of the November sweep, replacing them with a rerun of the previous episode of "Prison Break" leading into an original episode of the serialized drama.

Boo-urns! :angry: :angry:

There really aren't that many shows that I actually watch anymore.

I never got into Survivor, Prison Break, 24, Desperate Housewives or Arressed Development. All shows that everyone seems to rave over.

The only things I really watch religously are Family Guy and re-runs of Who's Line is it Anyway. I caught Drew Carey's green screen show and thought that was pretty good as well.

Some shows I like to watch if I run across them while channel surfing are: American Chopper, Monster House, Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs, Blue Collar TV, and re-runs of Rosanne and Home Improvement.

Those Nanny 911 and trading spouses shows are always good for a laugh as well.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
Those Nanny 911 and trading spouses shows are always good for a laugh as well.

Never seen them but the Fox promo with the fat lady screaming made me curious, I guess I missed that one.

Nowhere near a fan of 7th Heaven but it has been on long enough where it probably deserves to be given an appropriate series finale.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
Never seen them but the Fox promo with the fat lady screaming made me curious, I guess I missed that one.

That show you talk of was run constantly during the playoff. Meet your new mommy, I think it's called. In any case, that lady was freakin' scary. If she's my new mommy, I want a do-over

Never really "got" Arrested Development. I'm sure it might get picked up by another network. I was surprised that "7th Heaven" got cancelled. Surprised, because I didn't even know it was still on. The one good thing that came out of that show ----- Jessica Biehl.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
Oh no!  Not 7th Heaven and Kitchen Confidential!  What am I going to do?!?!

I am not surprised about Arrested Development.  Fox always cuts the TV shows that everyone loves.  IIRC, it was a surprise when they got extended the first time. 

Its ok though, I am sure a Cable Network out there will pick it up and keep it running for a while

Like cutting North Shore, those bastards!!!! Seriously I loved that show.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)

I watched it just out of morbid curiosity. The lady was a devout Christian and could not believe there are people in the world that don't think like she does. The family she was with weren't religious and believed in Astrology and hypnotherapy.

She was convinced that the family had "dark practices" and were evil. When she came home she started throwing a fit that the other mother had been in her house with her family. She was yelling at the cameramen to get out if they didn't believe in Jesus and decided she didn't want the $50,000 from that "dark family".

Before the credits rolled it told what the money was to be used for. IIRC, $20,000 was to be used for the mom to get gastric-bypass surgery.

She decided to take the money after all... :rolly

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 04:26 AM)
Yeah trash, 7th Heaven was only the highest rated show in WB history. It sure did a hell of alot more than Arrested Development ever did for its network. And if anyone didn't know, it wasn't cancelled due to ratings.

Than why? And I know 7th Heaven was pretty big back in the day but the last few seasons I think it lost a lot of its viewers....Its such a different show now than what it used to be its unbelievable kind of.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 02:00 AM)
Than why?  And I know 7th Heaven was pretty big back in the day but the last few seasons I think it lost a lot of its viewers....Its such a different show now than what it used to be its unbelievable kind of.

It dropped off the past two seasons although this season has actually been decent in the ratings. I don't think many shows can stay the same for 10 years except maybe the Simpsons. The issues they cover now are generally much more teen and adult than what they covered before.

Oh well, I only hope they somehow bring back Jessica Biel for the last episode.