Sox to increase tix prices/Seats still going FAST

southsider2k5

My Dad and I won't have to worry about ticket availability now that we broke down and bought season tickets. To give some perspective, we were unable to get premium box seats (didn't realize that first timers don't even get near them), and we ended up around 150 above row 20. My guess is you'll see near sellouts pretty much every weekend game and any weekday premium game. However, they'll still get 20k tops for those weekday games against the crap teams, and possibly the better teams if it's one of those noon getaway days.

QUOTE(easyw @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
The number of season ticket holders will increase. What was it in 2005? 11,000? So, maybe that figure jumps to 15,000?

No surprise that prices went up. We're lucky they didn't go up by even more than they did. For me, it doesn't matter whether a bleacher seat costs $24 or $27.. it might as well be $100, because that is just an absurd amount of money to pay. There are 6 monday 'hal price' nights, and I plan on attending one of those.

And $6 beers? Forget it! I'll drink the parking lot.

You'll see an increase in attendance. But I think most Sox fans are like me - we simply won't pay our own hard earned cash to get into the park. I use my connections - friends with other teams, friends who work for US Cell, season ticker holders.. etc...

2006 will definately be one of the Sox Top 5 in franchise attendance.. no small feat for a club that's been around for 100 years....

I'm glad we all don't have your attitude, or we wouldn't even have a team. What exactly do you do that is reasonable? Movies are f***ing $10 a person these days.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 12:02 PM)
I was told late November/early December.

That's what I heard as well. Also, for those ticket holders looking for the order form for opening day and Sox/Cubs.. after they get all st orders processed they will be sending them out.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
A little birdy told me that season ticket holders are up to just under 17K...  :cheers

Awesome. That figure is so huge because it means the crap games in April will still have 20K. Nothing sells tickets like a world title, huh?

Also this goes more and more towards the payroll getting a serious bump. I can see multi-year deals coming for AJ, Jon Garland, and Joe Crede very soon.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 01:03 PM)
That's what I heard as well. Also, for those ticket holders looking for the order form for opening day and Sox/Cubs.. after they get all st orders processed they will be sending them out.

Steff, my guy is still working on getting me a partial plan in the lower bowl...so I don't know what you mean by order form. Can you explain?

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
It applies to existing holders.

What if you were an ozzie holder this past year and took advantage of the 50% deposit to get WS tickets and purchased season tickets for 2006. Also I dont know if it will matter but my account number did stay the same.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
Do you know if that's full season, of both full and split?

I don't know how the Sox do it, but many baseball teams consider people who have 1/2 season plans as 0.5 "season ticket equivalents" or something like that. So, for example, 17,000 might be 13,000 full season plans + 8,000 1/2 season plans.

6 "Ozzie plan" holders would equal 1 season ticket, so the number of "season ticket equivalents" might increase even further when those are sold.

If, on the other hand, all 17,000 are full season plans, there are some higher number of "season ticket equivalents" out there. IIRC, the Nationals sold something like 23,000 season ticket equivalents this year and about 25% of those - 6,000 or so - were the 1/2 season plan and 1/4 season plan holders aggregated together to equal 81 game packages.

Another thing to keep in mind, whatever the figure is for "full" season ticket holders, I'd bet about half of those seats are corporations, NOT individuals.

The Sox have a huge - and growing - fan base, but it is not one with deep pockets.

QUOTE(easyw @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
Another thing to keep in mind, whatever the figure is for "full" season ticket holders, I'd bet about half of those seats are corporations, NOT individuals.

The Sox have a huge - and growing - fan base, but it is not one with deep pockets.

Corporations don't have deep pockets?