Sports Nation Poll

RME JICO

FYI, ESPN actually has a decent poll about the Sox "How would you defend the title?":

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation...g?event_id=1819

Here are two interesting questions with the current vote:

5) Which position would be your primary focus in looking for an upgrade in the offseason?

51.2% Keep them all as starters

14.5% Center field (Aaron Rowand)

12.8% Shortstop (Juan Uribe)

6.2% Right field (Jermaine Dye)

5.4% Second base (Tadahito Iguchi)

4.8% Third base (Joe Crede)

2.8% Catcher (A.J. Pierzynski)

2.3% Left field (Scott Podsednik)

8) If the Sox don't re-sign Everett, which mid-range free agent hitter would be a good replacement?

23.6% Jeromy Burnitz

15.0% I'd rather have Everett back

13.2% Erubiel Durazo

12.6% Kevin Millar

12.0% Bernie Williams

7.3% Richard Hidalgo

5.7% Matt Lawton

5.3% Joe Randa

5.2% Rondell White

Most of the others are pretty one sided, but interesting no less.

8) If the Sox don't re-sign Everett, which mid-range free agent hitter would be a good replacement?

23.6% Jeromy Burnitz

15.0% I'd rather have Everett back

13.2% Erubiel Durazo

12.6% Kevin Millar

12.0% Bernie Williams

7.3% Richard Hidalgo

5.7% Matt Lawton

5.3% Joe Randa

5.2% Rondell White

How about none of the above? Durazo is the only one on that list I would remotely want.. and thats a very small remotely.

My favorite:

12) What should the White Sox do with Bobby Jenks?

1) Trust him as the closer, with Dustin Hermanson, Damaso Marte and Luis Vizcaino as insurance.

2) Keep him as the closer but pursue pricey veteran insurance like Tom Gordon, Bob Howry or Octavio Dotel.

3) Move him to set-up work and pursue a FA closer like B.J. Ryan, Billy Wagner or Kyle Farnsworth.

Hermanson, Marte and Vizcaino as insurance? Have they forgotten about our two best relievers, Cotts and Politte? Silly ESPN.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
No kidding, good old ESPN.  I mean come on, they must be going by games 3 and 4 of the world series only. 

Do they even look at career or season stats?  Marte and Viz were our two WORST relievers, not 2nd and 3rd best.

ESPN is so bad.

I mean yea ESPN has its bias but this actually seemed to me to be a pretty decent poll done by national media. It asks most of the questions that we ask here. I mean ESPN has plenty to be made fun and ripped on, but this is not one of the oppurtunities to really do it. Just my opinion

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Nov 13, 2005 -> 02:08 AM)
I mean yea ESPN has its bias but this actually seemed to me to be a pretty decent poll done by national media.  It asks most of the questions that we ask here.  I mean ESPN has plenty to be made fun and ripped on, but this is not one of the oppurtunities to really do it.  Just my opinion

no one is questioning the poll... their questioning the 1 question... and if you think marte and viz our are 2 best relievers over Politte and Cotts than.. :bang

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 06:37 PM)
No kidding, good old ESPN.  I mean come on, they must be going by games 3 and 4 of the world series only. 

Do they even look at career or season stats?  Marte and Viz were our two WORST relievers, not 2nd and 3rd best.

ESPN is so bad.

Aww give em a break will ya? Its not like they saw much of our bullpen in the playoffs anyway.

:D