Eddie Guererro Passes Away

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 12:01 PM)
EDITED to add that if I had to choose anyone in a Pro Wrestling Steroids Dead Pool, my choice would be Scott Steiner.

Scott Steiner just became gross looking, I have no idea why anyone would do that to themselves. Anyways, is he still wrestling?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
Steiner has my vote as well.  A friend told me that Triple H was no more than a cruiserweight when he first came to the WWE, and bulked up considerably and suspiciously. 

Triple H was very small when he came into the wwf, he seemed to be one of those guys that got big overnight.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
Are you disagreeing with me?

absolutely. Its like saying every baseball player is on roids because some were caught with roids.

You want to change my mind, give me proof instead of accusations.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
absolutely.   Its like saying every baseball player is on roids because some were caught with roids.  

You want to change my mind, give me proof instead of accusations.

HUGE, HUGE difference between baseball and wrestling. Baseball players are athletes, and wrestlers are entertainers. Even the guys who were pure muscle when they started in WWE, like Kurt Angle, are on the juice now. As for proof? I can't give you their blood test, but people talk outside of the ring. Name me one wrestler in the WWE right now that you don't think is on roids?

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 04:47 PM)
HUGE, HUGE difference between baseball and wrestling. Baseball players are athletes, and wrestlers are entertainers.  Even the guys who were pure muscle when they started in WWE, like Kurt Angle, are on the juice now.  As for proof?  I can't give you their blood test, but people talk outside of the ring.  Name me one wrestler in the WWE right now that you don't think is on roids?

You did it for me. Christain. Rey Mysterio. Sean Michaels. Spike Dudley. The Rock.

Prove to me that they are all roided. Because they have muscle and are cut, they must be on roids? Give me a break. These guys get paid to work out all week and put on a show for maybe 30 minutes a week.

If I had to pick the next one to go, I'd say the Big Show. That guy's just a freak of nature, and he'll probably meet an end not unlike that of Andre the Giant. Another good choice would have to be Vince McMahon himself. It's probably even worse for your health to do steroids when you're an older guy like him. Then, there's the guys that aren't wrestling anymore like Macho Man, Lex Luger, and Steiner.

As for how many wrestlers that are on steroids, I'd probably say it's 50/50. HHH used to be a pansy-looking, horse-training, rich guy as a character. There is no doubt, none whatsoever, that he is on steroids. I can see Angle being on them, along with a few other small ones. But, then there's just the guys that are monsterous people, such as Kane and Undertaker.

A guy I wonder about is Ric Flair. The pictures of him when he was younger show that he was enormous. To this day, he's still a really big guy, even with the man boobs. So, maybe he's just a big guy?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
A guy I wonder about is Ric Flair.  The pictures of him when he was younger show that he was enormous.  To this day, he's still a really big guy, even with the man boobs.  So, maybe he's just a big guy?

My dad and uncle have known him for years we used to watch him wrestle at the civic center in Florida. He owned some property in DeLand next to my aunt and uncle and he used to put calfs on a platform and pull them around the field. :huh: As weird as he was, he was always a nice guy. I was always freaked out by that "whhhoooooo" thing he did. And he would sweat puddles.

Trust me, up until like 5 years ago, I was in denial that all my favorite wrestlers were on the juice. Then, I started to get more interested in the behind the scenes aspect of it (almost interned with WWE), and that opened up a whole new world of the business. I would be simply stunned if guys like Mysterio weren't on the juice. In a business where the biggest and strongest guys get the biggest push, you need to do whatever you can to get ahead of your competition.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 05:48 PM)
Trust me, up until like 5 years ago, I was in denial that all my favorite wrestlers were on the juice.  Then, I started to get more interested in the behind the scenes aspect of it (almost interned with WWE), and that opened up a whole new world of the business.  I would be simply stunned if guys like Mysterio weren't on the juice.  In a business where the biggest and strongest guys get the biggest push, you need to do whatever you can to get ahead of your competition.

I don't know about that. There's always gigantic new wrestlers that nobody gives two s***s about. Guys like that come and go, and they can't depend on their size to survive. I think a lot of it depends on their character and their ability to be liked or hated. I'm sure being big doesn't hurt, but I don't think it's necessary at all.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)
I don't know about that.  There's always gigantic new wrestlers that nobody gives two s***s about.  Guys like that come and go, and they can't depend on their size to survive.  I think a lot of it depends on their character and their ability to be liked or hated.  I'm sure being big doesn't hurt, but I don't think it's necessary at all.

One of the biggest complaints about the WWE the last few years is that they only bring in big guys. Some of the best wrestlers in the country are in TNA instead of WWE because they're not "big" enough for Vince, Jim Ross, etc. However, we could go on for hours arguing about what's gone wrong with wrestling over the last couple of years. It's a damn shame to see so many wrestlers die at a young age.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
One of the biggest complaints about the WWE the last few years is that they only bring in big guys.  Some of the best wrestlers in the country are in TNA instead of WWE because they're not "big" enough for Vince, Jim Ross, etc.  However, we could go on for hours arguing about what's gone wrong with wrestling over the last couple of years.  It's a damn shame to see so many wrestlers die at a young age.

Wait, I didn't know JR had a big part in all of that. That's surprising. The audacity...

first of all people, please. steroids don't kill.

second of all, scott steiner was reportedly injecting synthol into his biceps which would make sense considering the peak in his arm was over 20 inches.

third of all, all wrestlers take steroids. every one of them. there isn't a person in the world who could naturally do what wrestlers do week in and week out. steroids help strengthen there bodies which in turn allow them to take the beatings they take on a daily basis.

fourth of all, the wrestlers who are dieing at an early age all have the same thing in common. they are all obese, have a history with drugs and alcohol, and/or got involved in some sort of foul play.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 12:39 AM)
first of all people, please.  steroids don't kill.

fourth of all, the wrestlers who are dieing at an early age all have the same thing in common.  they are all obese, have a history with drugs and alcohol, and/or got involved in some sort of foul play.

Yep, that Crash Holly was sure a fatass. If you don't think steroids plays a big part in these heart attacks, you're naive as hell.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 06:46 PM)
Yep, that Crash Holly was sure a fatass.  If you don't think steroids plays a big part in these heart attacks, you're naive as hell.

i didnt say that steroids couldn't play a role in "these" heart attacks, but considering not one death has been proven outright to be because of steroid use, its more so the stupidity of the user who chooses to wrongfully take the powerful drugs thus abusing them.

it will be interesting to see how this all pans out. i wish that congress instead of trying to get rid of steroids, an impossible task, provided doctored supervision so that the users of the drugs could have there blood checked and values checked without the risk of getting in trouble.

i would bet that there would be alot less of this going on in the wrestling world if that were the case.