Cheeri-O: Palmeiro, Sosa won't return to Orioles

greasywheels121

:crying

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2222870

Orioles moving on from Palmeiro, Sosa

ESPN.com news services

In a move that comes as a surprise to no one, the Baltimore Orioles announced Saturday that first baseman Rafael Palmeiro and outfielder Sammy Sosa will not return to the team next season.

"At this point, we are heading in a different direction," club executive vice president Mike Flanagan told the Baltimore Sun.

Sosa, 37, who was acquired from the Chicago Cubs for second baseman Jerry Hairston and two minor leaguers, hit .221 with 14 homers and 45 RBI in 102 games.

It also was reported that he and Miguel Tejada had a disagreement that led to an icy relationship between the two Dominican Republic superstars.

While Palmeiro's season included collecting his 3,000th hit, it was his failed drug test that caused a commotion. Palmeiro, 41, continues to deny he intentionally took steroids, but he has no concrete proof as to why stanozolol was found in his system during a May drug test.

Palmeiro had just two hits in 26 at-bats after returning from his suspension and was booed by spectators at Baltimore and on the road. He was sent home to Texas to rehabilitate injuries; the Orioles eventually told him not to return to the team.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Nov 13, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
This is probably in bad taste, but the WWE now does have an opening for a steroid-abusing latino...

Is it wrong that I find myself laughing? :ph34r:

Alright, in-thread poll time:

Does Sosa or Palmerio find a home in MLB for the 2006 season?

Sosa: Yes

Palmerio: No

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Nov 13, 2005 -> 06:55 PM)
Is it wrong that I find myself laughing? :ph34r:

Alright, in-thread poll time:

Does Sosa or Palmerio find a home in MLB for the 2006 season?

Sosa: Yes

Palmerio: No

Agree with both

Sosa, even though like every sign points to steroid use, has never been proven to be a user. Some team will take a shot on him, and maybe he'll get a decent sized contract because of his name...but coming off the season he came off of, I doubt that.

Palmeiro has no chance. Not only is the steroids controversy clouding his reputation as an MLBer, but the fact of the matter is he's a washed up old veteran. He might get a ST invite, but I doubt anything more than that.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 13, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
Agree with both

Sosa, even though like every sign points to steroid use, has never been proven to be a user.  Some team will take a shot on him, and maybe he'll get a decent sized contract because of his name...but coming off the season he came off of, I doubt that. 

Palmeiro has no chance.  Not only is the steroids controversy clouding his reputation as an MLBer, but the fact of the matter is he's a washed up old veteran.  He might get a ST invite, but I doubt anything more than that.

If the brown paper bag of money left in the Dominican hotel is not enough evidence what is? How this was never questioned is beyond me.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 09:31 AM)
If the brown paper bag of money left in the Dominican hotel is not enough evidence what is?  How this was never questioned is beyond me.

Because it didn't happen in this country...

Steriods are legal in the DR.