BFD News: Ruling out 2008 but . . .

Texsox

In Bush Family Dynasty News:

Jeb Bush leaves open White House bid

Reuters

Sunday, November 13, 2005; 10:31 AM

BERLIN (Reuters) - Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, the brother of U.S. President George W. Bush, ruled out running for president in 2008 but left open the possibility of a subsequent bid in an interview with a German magazine published on Sunday.

Jeb Bush, who is scheduled to visit Germany this week, told Focus weekly he had not thought much about running for the office held by his father and older brother except to rule out the next election at the end of George W. Bush's second term.

"You should never say never. But for the 2008 election, my answer is definitely no," he said, in comments translated into German by the magazine.

Asked whether his answer meant a later challenge was possible, he said: "Let's say there's a vague chance."

Bush, 52, said he spoke frequently with his brother and visited the White House whenever he was in Washington but he said the two mainly discussed family matters or sport.

DeLay and Bush 2008 :bang

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 13, 2005 -> 01:16 PM)
:lolhitting

That coffee mug is pretty damn funny.

Seriously, the Republicans and the Democrats are a MESS right now.  Neither party has a message.

That could be because they are looking for a marketable message, instead of looking for solutions or improvements.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 13, 2005 -> 07:23 PM)
That could be because they are looking for a marketable message, instead of looking for solutions or improvements.

You raise a really good point here. One that we should open up another thread for.

What SHOULD the message be, for EITHER party?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 13, 2005 -> 01:50 PM)
You raise a really good point here.  One that we should open up another thread for.

What SHOULD the message be, for EITHER party?

I would start with the national debt, discuss how American has become the worlds greatest superpower by welcoming people from all corners of the planet, NOT keeping them out, make some meaningful reforms in how public schools are funded . . .

I think everyone who truly wants to vote in an educated manner should decide what their issues are, and read over each party platform and campaign info ans see which candidate matches their values, not just assume one or the other, and not be swayed by attack ads.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 13, 2005 -> 01:59 PM)
I would start with the national debt, discuss how American has become the worlds greatest superpower by welcoming people from all corners of the planet, NOT keeping them out, make some meaningful reforms in how public schools are funded . . .

I think everyone who truly wants to vote in an educated manner should decide what their issues are, and read over each party platform and campaign info ans see which candidate matches their values, not just assume one or the other, and not be swayed by  attack ads.

Nice try Tex. Nobody is for keeping people out just ensuring that there is a measure of control so we know who's coming and going. People running through the desert, hopping fences and stowing away in tractor trailer rigs is not how immigration should be done.

I do agree that we need to get our fiscal house in order. That's gonna require some guts on the part of Congress to cut spending across the board which, im afraid, is totally lacking on both sides of the aisle.