Farewell, McRib....

sox4lifeinPA

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 11:39 AM)
The McRib is a wonderful little beast. I hope it isn't gone for good. Just in case though, I plan on buying a few dozen and freezing them along with Ted Williams head for the better of the future.

You're a weird dude, Kid.... :lol:

I won't miss the McRib at all. That sauce was odd-tasting and the comparison to the McNuggets is right on the mark.

That sandwich is an insult to all slaughtered pig carcasses everywhere!!!

I would probably prefer eating Ted Williams' frozen head, at least it's not processed dead Red Sox slugger, like the McBuckner!!!

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
The corner of Roosevelt and Mannheim. One of the IT guys is addicted to them. Gets it at least twice a week.

Oh, OK, an individual store. I thought by "here" you meant the Chicago market. Gotcha.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)
I've never had one.. isn't it just a bbq rib sammich without the bones..?

The rib patty is a lot like those rib pattys they used to serve in the school lunchroom when I was in grade school.

:puke

Gimmie an Angus Steak Burger from BK anyday.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
No, no bones.  Extra gristle.  Possibly some meat, not entirely sure.

Yeah, and whatever else the people working there feel like throwing in. It pays to be nice to fast food workers..........at least till after you get your food.

:D

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
I believe mcdonald's owns the real estate, but don't quote me on that.

I heard this about what White Hen does.. you buy (rent... :unsure: ) the franchise rights then they set you up. But if you don't do well then they close you up... no questions asked or answered. :ph34r:

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
If I am going fast food, I am at What-a-Burger or Jack-in-the-Box. Hands down better than BK or McDs.

We just had Whataburger open up out here and for the life of me I can't get my wife to go. I haven't had them in years, but I loved them way back then. She hasn't had them in years either, and is vowing to keep it that way. :angry:

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 01:59 PM)
Jack in the Crack?!  OMG that place is horrible.

The first time I visited Caltech, I stopped at a Jackinthebox for lunch. I have not eaten there since.

Not only was their food not good, but their advertising is as obnoxious, annoying, and in many cases as offensive as any other company on the air.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 09:46 AM)
Mmmm, Krusty Burger. . .

Lou - "Well, at McDonald's you can buy a Krusty Burger with cheese, right? But they don't call it a Krusty Burger with cheese."

Wiggum - "Get out! Well, what do they call it?"

Lou - "A Quarter Pounder with cheese."

Wiggum - "Quarter Pounder with cheese? Well, I can picture the cheese, but, uh, do they have Krusty partially gelatinated non-dairy gum-based beverages?"

Lou - "Mm-hm. They call 'em, "shakes."

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 11:24 AM)
HERETIC!!

Shamrock shakes are  :headbang .

Now those crappy Arctic Orange shakes they used to bring around every year. . .  :puke

Brian loves the Shamrock shake. Personally, I think it is the green that hooks him though lol.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 04:59 PM)
Jack in the Crack?!  OMG that place is horrible.

The Brain is obsessed with that place. We went to Busch stadium July 4, 2004. On the way back he saw the Jack-in-the-box on the IL side of the border. Of course we had to stop there. He calls his buddies still in St Louis and they are rolling on the floor laughing because they had a pool going about whether he would see it or not on the way out of St Louis. :D