Cedric Benson

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 12:21 PM)
Thats something I never have understood. If we was walking around WITHOUT cruches, how can it be a broken leg??

Im thinking he broke the smaller bone in his lower leg(The fibula?). Alot of players have actually played with that bone being broken

Per Chicagosports.com,

sports/football/bears/cs-051114bears,1,5128124.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Benson out 3-6 weeks

By K.C. Johnson

Tribune staff reporter

November 14, 2005, 12:33 PM CST

A magnetic resonance imaging test has confirmed that Cedric Benson suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament in his right knee that could sideline him anywhere from three to six weeks.

The test, performed Monday morning at Halas Hall, revealed no damage to other ligaments or to the running back's meniscus. Benson suffered the injury in the second quarter of Sunday's victory over San Francisco.

His right knee bent grotesquely under him as he was tackled and medical personnel almost immediately signaled for a golf cart to take Benson off the field.

Afterward, Benson wore almost a full length brace on his right leg but his spirits were positive as he talked about the first injury ever to force him from a game.

"I'm very flexible, so hopefully I'll be alright," Benson said Sunday.

Benson started Sunday because Thomas Jones sat with bruised ribs. Jones could return Sunday against Carolina. The Bears also have Adrian Peterson, who rushed for a career-high 120 yards against the 49ers.

Benson, the fourth overall pick in last April's draft, has 237 yards on 58 carries.

Copyright © 2005, The Chicago Tribune

Edited by smalls2598

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
They did x-rays and it was negative, how could he have a broken leg?  I call BS

Wouldnt be the first time ESPN1000 reported something wrong. I waited for a linkable source, but none came. I still thought it was noteworthy enough to start a post, and it sucks that he is out 3-6 weeks, but it is much better than a broken leg.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
Alright, 3-6 weeks is actually pretty good news, and like I stated earlier, with the way Peterson has been running, and with TJ coming back, 3-6 for Benson is not a big loss.

Just a shame the kid has to lose time. He really has looked good with his time on the field.

He looked good, but dammit if Peterson didnt look so much better. Peterson has been running with authority all year. Its amazing how deep the Bears have been at the tailback position this year.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
Playing Fantasy football,and seeing the yards the Bears rack up on the ground really makes you understand how good of a running game the Bears really do have.

Granted, we run the ball alot more than alot more than other teams, however, right now, we have 3 NFL starters at HB right now. ( Peterson is not this good,at least I really,really dont think so....)

It isnt so bad to have a running back who was the top 1-AA rusher in history.

After reading this story, it looks like Adrian Peterson was supposed to be a bigtime back at a bigtime school, but his qualifying scores came in late.

http://archive.profootballweekly.com/conte...rson_121701.asp

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
It isnt so bad to have a running back who was the top 1-AA rusher in history.

After reading this story, it looks like Adrian Peterson was supposed to be a bigtime back at a bigtime school, but his qualifying scores came in late.

http://archive.profootballweekly.com/conte...rson_121701.asp

Walter Payton award winner. He has been a solid back for us for years.

Benson out 3-6 weeks

A magnetic resonance imaging test has confirmed that Cedric Benson suffered a strained medial collateral ligament in his right knee that could sideline him anywhere from three to six weeks.

The test, performed Monday morning at Halas Hall, revealed no damage to other ligaments or to the running back's meniscus. Benson suffered the injury in the second quarter of Sunday's victory over San Francisco.

His right knee bent grotesquely under him as he was tackled and medical personnel almost immediately signaled for a golf cart to take Benson off the field.

Afterward, Benson wore almost a full length brace on his right leg but his spirits were positive as he talked about the first injury ever to force him from a game.

"I'm very flexible, so hopefully I'll be alright," Benson said Sunday.

Benson started Sunday because Thomas Jones sat with bruised ribs. Jones could return Sunday against Carolina. The Bears also have Adrian Peterson, who rushed for a career-high 120 yards against the 49ers.

Benson, the fourth overall pick in last April's draft, has 237 yards on 58 carries.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines