Good & bad Dolgin news..

Steff

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
off the subject, The picture in your sig doesnt look like Joe Crede at all to me. 

On the subject, he may not have been THAT good, but it is just another guy that the Sox are going to have to replace on the radio broadcast next year.  Continuity is very important in radio sports broadcasts if you ask me.  People need to work with each other a while to get to know their ins and outs.  Like Farmer and Rooney finishing sentences and doing the same ad together. 

I heard Bruce Levines rant, and the worst thing about it was that Dolgin kept saying "Bruce, do you want to talk about this off-air?" and Bruce just kept going on and on.  I cheered in my car when Dolgin said "See ya" when Bruce hung up his phone.

Some aren't so familiar with the "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" motto..

I still wish I had heard the rant. Everyone that did told me it was priceless. :lol:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
off the subject, The picture in your sig doesnt look like Joe Crede at all to me. 

On the subject, he may not have been THAT good, but it is just another guy that the Sox are going to have to replace on the radio broadcast next year.  Continuity is very important in radio sports broadcasts if you ask me.  People need to work with each other a while to get to know their ins and outs.  Like Farmer and Rooney finishing sentences and doing the same ad together. 

I heard Bruce Levines rant, and the worst thing about it was that Dolgin kept saying "Bruce, do you want to talk about this off-air?" and Bruce just kept going on and on.  I cheered in my car when Dolgin said "See ya" when Bruce hung up his phone.

Was this the rant about how the post season pregames would be handled, using the network pregame instead of the Sox one? IIRC Levine was on from 6 in the morning with Jerk and Jerk in the morning to about 2 AM with Dolgin several times that week. He was on about once an hour all day with the local guys and also covered all the games. He was making less and less sense as the evenings wore on, During the 'rant' I remember him quietly saying 'well that sucks' as if he forgot he was on the radio. I think he was just worn out. The limit of Bruce Levine has been identified.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
Was this the rant about how the post season pregames would be handled, using the network pregame instead of the Sox one?  IIRC Levine was on from 6 in the morning with Jerk and Jerk in the morning to about 2 AM with Dolgin several times that week.  He was on about once an hour all day with the local guys and also covered all the games. He was making less and less sense as the evenings wore on, During the 'rant' I remember him quietly saying 'well that sucks' as if he forgot he was on the radio. I think he was just worn out.  The limit of Bruce Levine has been identified.

Yeah that was it. And he kept saying that the timing of the programming would be really unprofessional. I believe this was because there was a chicago pre-game show, which we all have listened to, and then there is a national pre-game show which Morgan and Miller host. The Chicago pregame show wasnt going to lead into the game like it normally did, it was going to lead into the national pregame show, and Bruce was really irked about it. Dolgin held his own and was clearly trying to steer the subject away, but Bruce kept pushing it and was blaming Dolgin for it. I dont remember what led up to the end, but Bruce threatened to hang up his phone, and Dolgin told him "See ya". Click. Dolgin moves on like nothing happened. It was hilarious.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 06:42 PM)
Was this the rant about how the post season pregames would be handled, using the network pregame instead of the Sox one?  IIRC Levine was on from 6 in the morning with Jerk and Jerk in the morning to about 2 AM with Dolgin several times that week.  He was on about once an hour all day with the local guys and also covered all the games. He was making less and less sense as the evenings wore on, During the 'rant' I remember him quietly saying 'well that sucks' as if he forgot he was on the radio. I think he was just worn out.  The limit of Bruce Levine has been identified.

yeah he probably got 3 hours of sleep per day during the world series.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
I really, really liked Dolgin.  He had big shoes to fill and did damn good imo.

Yes he did. Anybody who knows him please give Bryan Dolgin an attaboy from me. It was a pleasure to listen to Rooney call the game and Dolgin do the post game show. Of course we miss Dave Wills, but Dolgin did good being his own man. I'm very happy the Sox won a World Series, but definitely not pleased about the broadcast situation. Farmer is not a play by play guy. The prospect of Mike North having anything to do with the broadcasts is postively revolting. I hate the Score. They've made a mess of things.

From time to time, I stop by this site to read what's up in the minds of Sox fans. Thank you to all who listened to White Sox baseball throughout the 2005 World Championship season. I appreciate the kind words that many of you have offered on this thread. Sure it would have been nice to continue talking White Sox baseball in the same capacity next year, but that's the nature of this media business. I was told when I was first hired that, should the radio rights change stations, there was no guarantee of employment for 2006 and beyond. It was a gamble worth taking in my professional career. Wouldn't you all agree?Fortunately, I continue to work at WMVP in a variety of roles.

As far as the call with Bruce is concerned, it was great radio. I do not consider it a big deal, but I am in the minority based on all your opinions. Bruce works tirelessly and does a heck of a job. I have enjoyed working with him since day one.

Thanks again for your thoughts, opinions, compliments and critiques. I appreciate it all. It was an enjoyable 175 broadcasts for me (one spring training + 162 regular season + 12 post season). I hope you had fun because I sure did.

QUOTE(Sox Radio Bryan @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
From time to time, I stop by this site to read what's up in the minds of Sox fans.  Thank you to all who listened to White Sox baseball throughout the 2005 World Championship season.  I appreciate the kind words that many of you have offered on this thread.  Sure it would have been nice to continue talking White Sox baseball in the same capacity next year, but that's the nature of this media business.  I was told when I was first hired that, should the radio rights change stations, there was no guarantee of employment for 2006 and beyond.  It was a gamble worth taking in my professional career.  Wouldn't you all agree?Fortunately, I continue to work at WMVP in a variety of roles. 

As far as the call with Bruce is concerned, it was great radio.  I do not consider it a big deal, but I am in the minority based on all your opinions.  Bruce works tirelessly and does a heck of a job.  I have enjoyed working with him since day one.

Thanks again for your thoughts, opinions, compliments and critiques.  I appreciate it all.  It was an enjoyable 175 broadcasts for me (one spring training + 162 regular season + 12 post season).  I hope you had fun because I sure did.

For that, you get a standing ovation

03standing_ovation.jpg

QUOTE(Sox Radio Bryan @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 05:31 PM)
From time to time, I stop by this site to read what's up in the minds of Sox fans.  Thank you to all who listened to White Sox baseball throughout the 2005 World Championship season.  I appreciate the kind words that many of you have offered on this thread.  Sure it would have been nice to continue talking White Sox baseball in the same capacity next year, but that's the nature of this media business.  I was told when I was first hired that, should the radio rights change stations, there was no guarantee of employment for 2006 and beyond.  It was a gamble worth taking in my professional career.  Wouldn't you all agree?Fortunately, I continue to work at WMVP in a variety of roles. 

As far as the call with Bruce is concerned, it was great radio.  I do not consider it a big deal, but I am in the minority based on all your opinions.  Bruce works tirelessly and does a heck of a job.  I have enjoyed working with him since day one.

Thanks again for your thoughts, opinions, compliments and critiques.  I appreciate it all.  It was an enjoyable 175 broadcasts for me (one spring training + 162 regular season + 12 post season).  I hope you had fun because I sure did.

great job and keep up the great work for Notre Dame. BTW What will you do if they play Miami?

Bryan you are a total class act. Good luck with ND. :cheers

Bryan, thanks for the great job you did on the Sox broadcasts. I'll admit it took me a while to warm up to you, although in my humble opinion you were a step up in quality from Day One from the last guy ( I know he's pretty popular around here, but I never enjoyed his work ). You grew into the role quite well, I think, and the Score will be hard-pressed to find someone equal to the good work you did. ( If they stay in-house, there is exactly 0% chance of finding someone as good as you, that place is a wasteland )

Thanks again, and I hope to hear you on AM1000 for a long time to come.

Everyone please join me in giving a big YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSS for Bryan.

Bryan Dolgin.... YYYYYYEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by occasionally and we're sure going to miss you.

I think it'll finally sink in that you are no longer with us when I don't get to hear the following on opening day (although I'll probably say it to myself outloud):

It's the Indians and the World Champion White Sox.... Bring em out.... right NNNNOOOOOWWWWW.