Love him or hate him....

Allsox

"I think defense, for the most part, being a balanced player and also saving a lot of runs on the defensive side, I think was a major factor here," Rodriguez said. "To me, defense is foremost. It's always been. The White Sox showed us this year pitching and defense wins to this day."

I hate the guy and his slime of an agent Bora$$ but no doubt, he is a great player and showed some respect to our World Champs! :cheers

I got nothing but respect for Arod. I'm not the type of person that will hate a player for signing a contract that owners gave them. You can hate or knock your owner for offering the deal, but Arod and the players do nothing wrong.

Why shouldn't they sign the highest contract out there (that fits there needs as well, such as location and other factors). We do the same in the real world. Just because they are doing it in a large scale (the $ amounts) doesn't mean its any different.

People that hate a-rod simply because of his contract need to be slapped upside the head. It's not like he doesn't go out there and bust his ass every single game. Sure... he disappeared in the playoffs the last two years. But where would the yankees been with slightly less production from their three hole hitter? Home watching the first round on t.v.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
I got nothing but respect for Arod. I'm not the type of person that will hate a player for signing a contract that owners gave them. 

This I completey agree with and that's why I wanted everyone to know that I didn't hate Maggs for the contract he signed last offseason but for the other crap he pulled.

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
thank you. he's not worth the money.

There is not another player i rather give that amount of money to ( if i had to choose) other than pujols at this point. Players cannot be at their best every single series or every single game of the season... i know it is hard to believe... but it's true. Yankess fans want him gone at this point. If they want they can trade him to us and he can hit his 65 home runs here.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
I got nothing but respect for Arod. I'm not the type of person that will hate a player for signing a contract that owners gave them.  You can hate or knock your owner for offering the deal, but Arod and the players do nothing wrong.

Why shouldn't they sign the highest contract out there (that fits there needs as well, such as location and other factors). We do the same in the real world.  Just because they are doing it in a large scale (the $ amounts) doesn't mean its any different.

It's not the contract that I dislike him for. It's the fact that he went to the Rangers for the money and then complains about not winning and saying he never just went there for the money. If the Rangers fit his needs and it was for the money, then why was he whining after a few yrs? He went where he wanted and got what he wanted and then changed his mind and the yanks were able to bail him out. At the very least, he should have come out and said he went to the highest bidder instead of blowing smoke up our asses and then expect us to feel sorry for him cause the rangers sucked.

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 05:02 PM)
welcome to america. i can say and think whatever i want. if i want to hate maggs, i can. i can hate arod too.

but you wouldnt have it that way, would you, communist. everyone has to agree with you. way to be the man in this and sling mud first (completely unprovoked).

O.K.

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 05:02 PM)
welcome to america. i can say and think whatever i want. if i want to hate maggs, i can. i can hate arod too.

but you wouldnt have it that way, would you, communist. everyone has to agree with you. way to be the man in this and sling mud first (completely unprovoked).

What's good for the goose...

Can't stand the heat..

Etc, etc...

QUOTE(zach61 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 11:00 PM)
It's not the contract that I dislike him for. It's the fact that he went to the Rangers for the money and then complains about not winning and saying he never just went there for the money. If the Rangers fit his needs and it was for the money, then why was he whining after a few yrs? He went where he wanted and got what he wanted and then changed his mind and the yanks were able to bail him out. At the very least, he should have come out and said he went to the highest bidder instead of blowing smoke up our asses and then expect us to feel sorry for him cause the rangers sucked.

Exactly my reasons for my hate of A-Rod....Guy's a great baseball player but don't say you want to win then go to whoever offered the most $$$ and then complain you're not winning and completely ignore the fact it's because of your contract to why your team is not winning....

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
There is not another player i rather give that amount of money to ( if i had to choose) other than pujols at this point. Players cannot be at their best every single series or every single game of the season... i know it is hard to believe... but it's true. Yankess fans want him gone at this point. If they want they can trade him to us and he can hit his 65 home runs here.

You cannot be at your best every single series or every single game of the season, but your team needs you to be at your best in the playoffs. Your team needs you to be at your best in game 5 of the division series. If you're the highest paid player in baseball, and you come up in the 9th inning of game 5 with a runner on 1b in a close game, you cannot GIDP. That has nothing to do with not being your best. That has something to do with not being the worst.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
You cannot be at your best every single series or every single game of the season, but your team needs you to be at your best in the playoffs.  Your team needs you to be at your best in game 5 of the division series.  If you're the highest paid player in baseball, and you come up in the 9th inning of game 5 with a runner on 1b in a close game, you cannot GIDP.  That has nothing to do with not being your best.  That has something to do with not being the worst.

So one or two series defines what kinda player he is? That seems very unfair.

He's not on the Sox...so I couldn't give a rat's ass about ARod. Would I take him on my team...hell yes...but he's not...so why get yer undies in a wad about him?

I thought it was strange to see him on the field with all the Latino players before that WS game...dude...weren't you born in NYC?!?...then he's gonna go play for who at the World Games (or whatever the hell it's called).

QUOTE(Wanne @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
He's not on the Sox...so I couldn't give a rat's ass about ARod.  Would I take him on my team...hell yes...but he's not...so why get yer undies in a wad about him?

I thought it was strange to see him on the field with all the Latino players before that WS game...dude...weren't you born in NYC?!?...then he's gonna go play for who at the World Games (or whatever the hell it's called).

He want's to play for Puerto Rico.

EDIT: I suck

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(Wanne @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
He's not on the Sox...so I couldn't give a rat's ass about ARod.  Would I take him on my team...hell yes...but he's not...so why get yer undies in a wad about him?

Yea, he was born in NY.. but lived in the DR from (iirc) '79 to '83 so his formable years were greatly influenced by DR culture.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
Yea, he was born in NY.. but lived in the DR from (iirc) '79 to '83 so his formable years were greatly influenced by DR culture.

I didn't know that...but he did attend school systems through HS in the Miami area....si?!?

But...I also remember the clamor when he wanted out of Tex...and the Sox at one time was listed as a possible destination....and most people were pretty thrilled with the idea of ARod on the South Side.

He's a great ball player...no doubt. Anybody else think he really misses playing short?

Edited by Wanne

QUOTE(Wanne @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 05:31 PM)
I didn't know that...but he did attend school systems through HS in the Miami area....si?!?

I believe so. I think he moved back there after his folks divorced.. maybe he was around 8 or 9.. I don't recall exactly.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
People that hate a-rod simply because of his contract need to be slapped upside the head. It's not like he doesn't go out there and bust his ass every single game. Sure... he disappeared in the playoffs the last two years. But where would the yankees been with slightly less production from their three hole hitter? Home watching the first round on t.v.

People forget , Kenny W. was gonna offer the world to this guy, but they snubbed him. Cant blame the guy for taking what they offer.