Laguna Beach 3

Jimbo's Drinker

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 05:04 PM)
woohoo steff waits at lights near my house.  :)

Anyway, anyone been to Zero Gravity that want's to kinda review it?

steff, watch out for any suspicous looking teen....i mean "kids" on the grassy knole next time you drive by there :ph34r:

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 06:04 PM)
Anyway, anyone been to Zero Gravity that want's to kinda review it?

I've been there exactly one time, I think my brain blocked out most of the memory as a survival mechanism.

Anyway, I was having such a bad time there that I left and WALKED home. I had to cut through some forest preserve and thought wolves were going to attack me.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 11:06 AM)
My office just had a discussion about this, lol.  My coworker told me that all of the kids from the original show were 21 when it occured, and that it all has been scripted from the start.  I have no proof, she could have been talking outta her ass for all I know.  But I thought that it might be scripted when those kids went to Spring Break and were drinking like fools throughout the whole episode.  I wouldnt think MTV would want to put themselves into a position in which they were showing off underage kids drinking themselves into oblivion.

Not true. It is scripted a bit and overly dramatized though.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)
From what I heard, he isn't anything major as a pitcher. A career minor-leaguer at best if he decides to play baseball.

And yeah, I heard that they guide them more so than stop taping and telling them to re-enact stuff. The reasoning is that the first time you show emotion is the best footage to catch because it's natural. Basically they do what they do on the Real World which is push their feelings.

He can do whatever he wants though. His family is the most loaded on that show supposedly.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
Some teenage club on 75th Street, I've never been there but a few people that have say it's a dump.

If its the same as the 18 and older clubs in my area. You have a few high school girls and than a bunch of 35 and 40 year old men there as well. Its kind of creepy. I went one time when I was 18, never went back.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
He can do whatever he wants though.  His family is the most loaded on that show supposedly.

His dad is a real estate developer, right..? And I know he owns all kinds of exotic cars. Supposedly his father and Jay Leno are friends and ride their Harley's together.

LC's family aint too bad off.. :ph34r:

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
His dad is a real estate developer, right..? And I know he owns all kinds of exotic cars. Supposedly his father and Jay Leno are friends and ride their Harley's together. 

LC's family aint too bad off..  :ph34r:

Ya, LC's family is very wealthy. But quite a few of those people aren't all that wealthy (They aren't poor either) but I'm sure they all make a good amount on the tv show.

I think both LC's dad and Jason's dad are each involved in real estate. Not positive on Lc's dad. Jason's dad kind of took over his grandfathers business or at least thats what my dad mentioned (I think he used to be a big time developer and than kind of stepped down and now they don't do much but have tons of money from it).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 06:23 PM)
If its the same as the 18 and older clubs in my area.  You have a few high school girls and than a bunch of 35 and 40 year old men there as well.  Its kind of creepy.  I went one time when I was 18, never went back.

Perfect NAMBLA territory.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)
Ya, LC's family is very wealthy.  But quite a few of those people aren't all that wealthy (They aren't poor either) but I'm sure they all make a good amount on the tv show.

I think both LC's dad and Jason's dad are each involved in real estate.  Not positive on Lc's dad.  Jason's dad kind of took over his grandfathers business or at least thats what my dad mentioned (I think he used to be a big time developer and than kind of stepped down and now they don't do much but have tons of money from it).

LC's is an architect and designed almost all the holywood big wigs homes out there. He designed Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's house and that's how he got introduced to producers and directors, etc.. which led to the show. Jessica's family is supposedly the "poorest".

Jason, do you know anything about that KC girl (blond, kinda slutty, talks with a squeak)..? Rumor is that her father made his $$ in the adult entertainment business.. :ph34r:

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
LC's is an architect and designed almost all the holywood big wigs homes out there. He designed Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's house and that's how he got introduced to producers and directors, etc.. which led to the show. Jessica's family is supposedly the "poorest".

Jason, do you know anything about that KC girl (blond, kinda slutty, talks with a squeak)..? Rumor is that her father made his $$ in the adult entertainment business..  :ph34r:

Not a clue. Only reason I know anything is because my buddy used to work at the same surf shop that Stephen worked. Went to one shin dig where they were at and like I told you Stephen came off as a pretty chill nice person, but Kristen was all b****o (good looking, but not near as hot as she looks on TV).

I know one thing, KC's family is loaded cause there house is the nicest next to Jason and LC's (LC's is freaking awesome, but Jason's grandpa's is probably worth 10-15 million).

Thats the only reason I know they kind of react and dramatize up stuff that already happened. But its not like the stuff doesn't happen. I find it funny and entertaining as hell.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
Not a clue.  Only reason I know anything is because my buddy used to work at the same surf shop that Stephen worked.  Went to one shin dig where they were at and like I told you Stephen came off as a pretty chill nice person, but Kristen was all b****o (good looking, but not near as hot as she looks on TV). 

I know one thing, KC's family is loaded cause there house is the nicest next to Jason and LC's (LC's is freaking awesome, but Jason's grandpa's is probably worth 10-15 million). 

Thats the only reason I know they kind of react and dramatize up stuff that already happened.  But its not like the stuff doesn't happen.  I find it funny and entertaining as hell.

I heard that also. She isn't any nicer off screen was the general theme of her.

KC's house has a movie theater for 50 and a 6 lane bowling alley among other things.. unreal.

They are going to be in LA soon... as if that town isn't screwed up enough. LOL :lol:

Before opening this thread, I assumed there didn't exist ONE real element to Laguna Beach. Watching the show on several occasions, it appeared no different than OC outside of the real relationships the actors/actresses may have had. Staged drama exceeded reality in my view.

With a show this popular in a region that snooty, why don't people purposely disrupt the set or interact with the characters when they observe them? I assume they completely cordon off sections of the beach/town/wherever the characters stroll through. Otherwise, I'd fly out and kick the s*** out of the male characters for being pussies and take their women. They're from Laguna Beach--no one taught them how to fight.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
Not a clue.  Only reason I know anything is because my buddy used to work at the same surf shop that Stephen worked.  Went to one shin dig where they were at and like I told you Stephen came off as a pretty chill nice person, but Kristen was all b****o (good looking, but not near as hot as she looks on TV). 

Check this out:

With season two ending on Nov. 14 and new faces for season three currently being cast, "Laguna Beach" has not only brought the city of 25,000 to the world, it has also brought the world to its shores, shops and schools. Shopkeepers are swamped with tourists and callers wanting to track down the stars. "I've spent the last two years saying 'Stephen doesn't work here,' " said Thalia Street Surf Shop owner Pam Cocores.

As far as the new LB goes, I may or may not watch it.

If it doesn't have any of the originals, probably not.

I may watch that show with LC on it to see if its any good, but it kinda looks stupid IMO.

I think Laguna Beach was probably at its best when it first came out and with the original cast like LC, Kristin, Stephen, Talan, Dieter, Lo, etc.

I thought this season was good, just not as good as the first.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
As far as the new LB goes, I may or may not watch it.

If it doesn't have any of the originals, probably not.

I may watch that show with LC on it to see if its any good, but it kinda looks stupid IMO.

I think Laguna Beach was probably at its best when it first came out and with the original cast like LC, Kristin, Stephen, Talan, Dieter, Lo, etc.

I thought this season was good, just not as good as the first.

Yeah, Dieter and Talan kept it real. Lo & LC didn't seem like best friends like in season 1. In fact, Lo wasn't on much at all on Season 2. I didn't even know LC had a sister. Trey was also pretty good. I probably won't watch Season 3. I know there will be little of the Season 1 and 2 casts.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
Yeah, Dieter and Talan kept it real. Lo & LC didn't seem like best friends like in season 1. In fact, Lo wasn't on much at all on Season 2. I didn't even know LC had a sister. Trey was also pretty good. I probably won't watch Season 3. I know there will be little of the Season 1 and 2 casts.

You worry me...