Pujols named NL MVP

Mplssoxfan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
here is the difference.  Jones carried that team through all it's injuries.  Paul Konerko didn't carry the team.  The Pitching Staff did.

The Cardinals were injury plauged the entire year, and a pitching staff can do wonders, but it still needs runs to win games.

QUOTE(Felix @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
So why didn't Konerko win it for the AL?  He carried the White Sox offense to a World Series title..

Maybe I'm confused by what you were trying to say but Paulie's postseason has nothing to do with a vote that takes place near the first of October. So Vlad's lack of success or Pujols success shoul be eliminated from your mind when deciding. I think Pujols deserved the award plus its sort of a nice thing for a guy who would have won it in any of the last five years if he weren't in the league with Barry Bonds

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
Reggie Sanders and Jim Edmonds

I also forgot Larry Walker. Walker, Sanders, Edmonds, and Rolen were 4 of the top 6 producers for the Cardinals in 2004.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
Maybe I'm confused by what you were trying to say but Paulie's postseason has nothing to do with a vote that takes place near the first of October. So Vlad's lack of success or Pujols success shoul be eliminated from your mind when deciding. I think Pujols deserved the award plus its sort of a nice thing for a guy who would have won it in any of the last five years if he weren't in the league with Barry Bonds

Yea, I know that the postseason isn't thought of when thinking of MVP, but without Paulie, we wouldn't have made the playoffs in the first place.

QUOTE(Felix @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
Yea, I know that the postseason isn't thought of when thinking of MVP, but without Paulie, we wouldn't have made the playoffs in the first place.

we would've made the playoffs because our pitching was so good. When we were at our best Paulie was going through an awful slump. He was a non-factor the first 2 months.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
we would've made the playoffs because our pitching was so good.  When we were at our best Paulie was going through an awful slump.  He was a non-factor the first 2 months.

He actually had an OPS around .800 in the first two months, which, while its not amazing, is far from being a non-factor. Yes, he was a much better player for the rest of the year, but he wasn't a non-factor in the first few months. He carried our offense this year, and if you don't agree with that, I just won't waste my breath (or hands, whichever it is..)