Security Backpack

Steff

http://www.carliesecuritybackpacks.com/csb/home.html

Carlie (the little girl that James Smith kidnapped and murdered down in Florida) was the inspiration behind this idea. It was shown and demonstrated on Court TV. A bit pricey but definitely worth it if it saves a child.

The only brand of backpacks designed to give you the power to signal for immediate help in dangerous or harmful situations. Equipped with two 130 decibel sirens and a high intensity strobe light, the Carlie Security BackpacksTM are the world's loudest personal alarm system (louder than a car alarm).

OMG!!! That is soooo friggin' cool and brilliant all at the same time!!! I told my wife about it the second I went to the link! I do believe I will be buying three in the not too distant future. One for each kid, and one for my wife who works nights. Thank you a million times for the link Steff!!!

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
OMG!!! That is soooo friggin' cool and brilliant all at the same time!!! I told my wife about it the second I went to the link! I do believe I will be buying three in the not too distant future. One for each kid, and one for my wife who works nights. Thank you a million times for the link Steff!!!

Wow.. you're welcome Kid. I bought a few of them also. It's just sad that there is a need for this. Carlie's biological father helped design it.

Looking over the design, I'm not so sure this is as useful as I originally thought. It appears as if the child has to pull up on a velcro patch to pull out the pin. With someone grabbing them, quite possibly by the straps of the backpack, that may be impossible.

Those small security alarms can be placed in a pocket, or hung on a belt. Having one not mounted on the strap may be better. I like the idea, I just wonder if the design could be made easier for a child to pull the pin.