Comcast hooks us up

Jimbo's Drinker

Here are some highlights from the press release:

Chicago, IL (November 16, 2005) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home of the 2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox, will provide its viewers with a special gift this holiday season entitled White Sox Holiday Celebration: Journey to the Championship presented by Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana Chevy Dealers. This unprecedented, month-long holiday present to viewers will include replays of all three ALDS games against the Boston Red Sox, all five ALCS games against the Los Angeles Angels, plus, all four games of the thrilling 2005 World Series against the Houston Astros. In addition, Comcast SportsNet will air every game’s accompanying White Sox Post Game Live, plus, a pair of 90-minute specials that will soon be made available to the general public on DVD: Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox and the 2005 Official World Series Film. The announcement was made by James J. Corno, Senior Vice President/General Manager for Comcast SportsNet Chicago.

WHITE SOX HOLIDAY CELEBRATION: JOURNEY TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP 

PRESENTED BY CHICAGOLAND & NORTHWEST INDIANA CHEVY DEALERS

Thursday, November 24

7:00 PM – 2005 Official World Series Film (DEBUT: 90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Friday, December 2

10:30 PM – 2005 Official World Series Film (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Tuesday, December 6

7:00 PM – Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox(DEBUT: 90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

8:30 PM – 2005 Official World Series Film (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Saturday, December 10

12:00 PM – Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Saturday, December 17

7:00 PM – Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Sunday, December 18

12:00 PM – 2005 Official World Series Film (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

3:00 PM – ALDS Game 1: Boston at White Sox (Oct. 4: Sox smack five HR’s in 14-2 route)

5:30 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (post game press conferences and player interviews)

Monday, December 19

7:00 PM – ALDS Game 2: Boston at White Sox (Oct. 5: Iguchi 3-run shot follows Graffanino error)

11:00 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (post game press conferences and player interviews)

Tuesday, December 20

7:00 PM – ALDS Game 3: White Sox at Boston (Oct. 7: ‘El Duque’ gets out of bases loaded, no out jam in sixth inning)

11:00 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (expanded ALDS clinch celebration with locker room interviews)

Wednesday, December 21

7:00 PM – ALCS Game 1: LA Angels at White Sox (Oct. 11: White Sox only playoff loss, by one run no less)

11:00 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (post game press conferences and player interviews)

Thursday, December 22

7:00 PM – ALCS Game 2: LA Angels at White Sox (Oct. 12: Buehrle complete game, Crede GW double in bottom of ninth)

Saturday, December 24

11:00 AM – ALCS Game 3: White Sox at LA Angels (Oct. 14: Garland complete game, Konerko two-run HR in first)

1:30 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (post game press conferences and player interviews)

2:30 PM – ALCS Game 4: White Sox at LA Angels (Oct. 15: Garcia complete game, Konerko three-run HR in first)

5:00 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (post game press conferences and player interviews)

8:00 PM – Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Monday, December 26

11:00 AM – ALCS Game 5: White Sox at LA Angels (Oct. 16: Contreras complete game, Sox win first AL Pennant since ‘59)

2:00 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (expanded ALCS clinch celebration with numerous on field interviews)

Tuesday, December 27

7:00 PM – World Series Game 1: Houston at White Sox (Oct. 22: Crede GW home run, Jenks three K’s for save)

Thursday, December 29

7:00 PM – World Series Game 2: Houston at White Sox (Oct. 23: Podsednik GW home run in bottom of ninth)

Saturday, December 31

12:00 PM – World Series Game 3: White Sox at Houston (Oct. 25: Blum GW home run, longest game in World Series history)

5:00 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (post game press conferences and player interviews)

Sunday, January 1, 2006

7:00 PM – World Series Game 4: White Sox at Houston (Oct. 26: Dye GW single in shutout win, White Sox win World Series!)

11:00 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (two and a half hours of championship celebration coverage from Houston & Chicago)

Monday, January 2, 2006

7:00 PM – Salute to the White Sox: Parade & Rally Celebration (Oct. 28: three hours of coverage from downtown Chicago)

11:00 PM – Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 07:20 PM)
Any people good with technology.

Can you please pm me if you know how to turn tivo recording into DVD's or is that a pipe dream.

I Tivo'ed all of the games in HD, ripped them onto my computer and dubbed the radio audio over and made my own DVD's...they are amazing.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 07:20 PM)
Any people good with technology.

Can you please pm me if you know how to turn tivo recording into DVD's or is that a pipe dream.

hook it up to a media center PC or go buy a TiVO with DVD burner on it. It is that simple.

For all of the Tivo users, I recommend this Sony portable DVD burner. You can hook it up to the Tivo through the red, white and yellow cables or S-Video and you can hook it up to your computer and use it as a burner/drive. It can set chapters, burn double layer discs and other stuff. I highly recommend it.

Sony DVD Burner

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
That is flat out awesome.

Should this be pinned?? I'm sure everybody would want to know about this, and most would want to watch at least some of the stuff.

I agree. I will want to check this every few days to see what games will be coming up next. Please, someone in authority, put up on top.

QUOTE(Irishsox1 @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)
For all of the Tivo users, I recommend this Sony portable DVD burner.  You can hook it up to the Tivo through the red, white and yellow cables or S-Video and you can hook it up to your computer and use it as a burner/drive.  It can set chapters, burn double layer discs and other stuff.  I highly recommend it.

Sony DVD Burner

Just a little tip, use an S-Video cable, it will give you a lot better video quality, you'll still have to use the red and white for sound.....or you can pick up some Monster AV cables they are a little bit pricey but if you want the best possible DVD burn this will be it.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
Just a little tip, use an S-Video cable, it will give you a lot better video quality, you'll still have to use the red and white for sound.....or you can pick up some Monster AV cables they are a little bit pricey but if you want the best possible DVD burn this will be it.

Hehe.. when we bought the monstrosity of a tv we have I bought every kind of those cables I could find.. I got yelled at cause they were so expensive and I, of course, tossed the receipt. Now I can say.. "see.. I knew we'd need them". :lol:

you can get a Tivo dvd recorder for 199.99 with rebate right now. I believe they offer this same deal at Best Buy. I was kinded bumnmed that I missed out on the opportunity to burn all the games, COmcast comes through in the clutch!!! This is about the best thing they have accomplished since going live. I can't say that Sportsvision or Fox Sports Net would have gone through this trouble in the past, I cant imagine what went into all the liscensing for these.

http://www.tivo.com/2.1.2.asp

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
*SLURP*

I'm happy I'll get to see a majority of this while home on breaks, and I'll tape those.

I'll have to request tapings of this from the people at home for the rest.    :D

amen to that, i was so happy to see how i'll be home for nearly all of em

QUOTE(valponick @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
I Tivo'ed all of the games in HD, ripped them onto my computer and dubbed the radio audio over and made my own DVD's...they are amazing.

Wow. I bet it took some serious technological expertise to synchronize the picture with Ed and John's radio play-by-play. Is there a delay at all or were you able to line them up? If you did synchronize them, that's SO awesome.

Any chance you could put those DVDs on the internet or burn some more and send them to me?

I'd seriously pay you.

Does anyone know if this will go out over normal comcast...i.e. if DirecTV will filter the games out, or if they'll allow them to be broadcast? I can get CSN through DirecTV's sports pack, but the sports pack alone does not include the MLB Games.

Or, alternatively, does anyone have a customer service number or email at Comcast that I can call and ask?