JUAN PIERRE

JUGGERNAUT

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(spiderman @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
What are the realistic chances that the White Sox trade for Juan Pierre ?

It seems as if, to me at least, that there is no chance - Brian Anderson would get the 1st opportunity to take an OF job and at a minimum salary, that is probably the desired option especially since the White Sox just traded some good minor league pitching.

BTW, what kind of shape is the White Sox minor league system in after this trade ? Obviously, they seem stacked in the OF, but how about pitching ?

Hopefully, Konerko resigns to go with Thome, but I think Iguchi is our #2 hitter again!

Not that strong. However Broadway, Tracey, Liotta and Lumsden all have major league stuff and arms.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 04:09 AM)
David Schuster, a reporter on WSCR 670, is saying this morning that he still thinks that Juan Pierre is coming to the Sox, not the Cubs.

That could just be him (like many of us are) putting two and two together. Levine may have talked to someone that mentioned that the Sox are comfortable with Anderson or maybe they mentioned that they thought the asking price was too high for Pierre.

Maybe they just don't want to spend all that money on Pierre because they have that money tabbed on other things.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 04:37 AM)
I have to put this out there--would you be willing to trade Brian Anderson as part of a deal to get Pierre? Because from the looks of it, the marlins will be looking for someone to play LF and Cf to start in 2006. If I were the Marlins, I'd want an Ofer in return

No. Pierre makes too much money to give up that type of prospect. Marte and some change or no deal, imo.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 03:39 PM)
It could also be KW flying under the radar. If a Pierre trade does not work out.it will be Anderson so he says we are going with the kid.

He said the same thing at the trade deadline about staying with what we have,then we found out about the KG deal.

KW has done it in the past going so far as publicly saying the sox had various players to possibly start, in Uribe, Rowand, Harris, Ben Davis, etc. KW hasn't even given Anderson the nod. Though he could publicly say he'd be happy w/ Anderson in CF. If there are rumblings about the sox looking for Ichiro, Gathright and Pierre, the sox are still looking to improve if the right deal comes about.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 06:06 PM)
No.  Pierre makes too much money to give up that type of prospect.  Marte and some change or no deal, imo.

I'm tending to agree with that. Esp seeing how Pierre [and Dye] will be FA's after 2006. Giving up one of the OF prospects, after trading Arow, doesn't make a lot of sense.

Someone like Josh Fields, Casey Rogowski though, I could see.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
I'm tending to agree with that. Esp seeing how Pierre [and Dye] will be FA's after 2006. Giving up one of the OF prospects, after trading Arow, doesn't make a lot of sense.

Someone like Josh Fields, Casey Rogowski though, I could see.

With Boras being Crede's agent...I think that Fields may well be as close to untouchable as there is in our minor leagues now that BMac will be gunning for the Cy Young award.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)
With Boras being Crede's agent...I think that Fields may well be as close to untouchable as there is in our minor leagues now that BMac will be gunning for the Cy Young award.

Fields has to do something at the minor league level before I even think about him playing in the majors.

When it comes to center fielders the Sox could aquire or use that would be adaquate enough defensively for the Sox's needs... Juan Pierre is dead last and the worst option availiable... HE SUCKS ASS IN CF!!!!

No, No, No, No!

Ozzie isn't that stupid...

Let the scrubbies have their crappy joke of a CF...

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
When it comes to center fielders the Sox could aquire  or use that would be adaquate enough defensively for the Sox's needs... Juan Pierre is dead last and the worst option availiable... HE SUCKS ASS IN CF!!!!

No, No, No, No!

How many times have you seen Juan play in cf? Ozzie loves t he guy and I'm pretty sure he's seen him play a little bit more then you.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
When it comes to center fielders the Sox could aquire  or use that would be adaquate enough defensively for the Sox's needs... Juan Pierre is dead last and the worst option availiable... HE SUCKS ASS IN CF!!!!

No, No, No, No!

Jeckle, you've made it quite clear how you feel about Pierre. No need to remind us every 2 minutes.

Phil Rogers still thinks the Sox could trade for Pierre:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ts/13262763.htm

The Marlins apparently are awaiting Johnny Damon's signing before shopping Pierre. The White Sox have a better chance to get him than the Cubs because GM Jim Hendry is not going to part with the minor-leaguers Florida wants the most_Felix Pie, Matt Murton and Rich Hill. The Sox's challenge is to get the Marlins to do a deal built around one or two of their outfield prospects without insisting on Neal Cotts.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 08:35 AM)
From "The Daily Herald's Scott Gregor":

As for Rowand’s replacement, forget the Florida Marlins’ Juan Pierre. The Sox are not interested.

So is this like how the Sox weren't interested in AJP when he was non-tendered by San Fran, or is this like how the Sox simply aren't interested in him?

I tend to think it's the former. Let upper management look into Pierre a little bit, his value, how much Florida is actually asking, how he plays all-around, how he'll be in the clubhouse, his contract status, along with multiple other things. After you've done that, you go from there.

At the very least, I have to figure Pierre will be in Chicago.

Rick Hahn was on AM 1000 and said they're looking to get a #2 hitter, so even after getting Thome and whatever happens with Konerko ... they're not done.

Did Hahn say that they could look within the organization for the #2 hitter that they desire or if it will be a free agent or a player from another team? I'm just wondering if he is talking about Jerry Owens or making a trade for a guy like Juan Pierre.

At the very least, I have to figure Pierre will be in Chicago.

to quote the marx bothers, "you know what happens when you assume..you make an ass out of u and me."

i think there isnt much chance of that happening at all. I'll eat crow if im wrong, but i see us sticking with anderson. let the flubs have pierre.

My gut tells me Guillen has already fingered Owens as the guy within the organization he would like to see in that two-hole.

Guillen has said some very flattering things of Owens in the past--yes, they are on the internet, and no, I don't have them off-hand--and if getting exactly what he wants is any indication of how this will be handeled, I think we'll at least see Owens compete with Anderson despite his short length of time back in professional baseball.

That said, I don't know if that is really the answer. Seeing as Chris Young looks to be the future at CF in this organization, they Sox very well might want to get a proven hitter MLB hitter in that spot for the next year or two--someone that can really handle the bat well enough to hit in that crucial two-hole in an offensive built like ours.